Disabling vertical scroll bar

TheDude5000

user posted image

This is such a pain in the ass. Normally only the horizontal bar is there, and I can scroll left and right through the folder with my mouse wheel. But now somehow a vertical bar has appeared. I can't scroll left or right anymore, and it's quite annoying because I have to manually click and drag to make my way through the folder. Is there some way to fix this?

user posted image

Alright, I had experimented with this myself and it is pretty simple

MAXIMIZE THE SCREEN! | OR RESIZE IT! | OR RENAME THE FILENAME! | OR USE A DIFFERENT PICTURE VIEW LAYOUT! The filenames for the pictures are too big.

Hope this helps. moto_whistle.gif

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

I don't know why all of a sudden now it got added there. Those screens have essentially been there for almost 3 years, long Fraps filenames and all, but now all of a sudden it adds a vertical bar?

I've already tried re-sizing before, did nothing. Maximizing, nothing.

user posted image

After some dinking around, it seems to me that this happens in folders with drastically different aspect ratios. Like, say, one really tall or skinny image. But there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.

I've already tried re-sizing before, did nothing. Maximizing, nothing.

Come on. You telling the truth?

I used the filmstrip layout and all I have to do to get the vertical bar is to resize the window so that it has a very small height (Otter you can try it out). But once I MAXIMIZE the screen, it worked!

Anyway, make sure the resolution for your monitor is at least 1024x768 to 1280x1024.

I have finally come to the conclusion that your problem is because there are HUGE FILENAMES! I tried maximizing the screen and still got the vertical scroll bar. Why? -> because I named a picture that had over 10-50 characters. All you need to do to fix your very simple problem is to rename each and every filename that's causing the vertical scrollbar to appear!

See?

user posted imagetounge2.gif

and it's quite annoying because I have to manually click and drag to make my way through the folder

You also forgetting that you can use the CURSOR KEYS! tounge.gif

To top it off, you can max out the repeat rate! tounge.gif

After some dinking around, it seems to me that this happens in folders with drastically different aspect ratios. Like, say, one really tall or skinny image

Yeah, that too. The thumbnails might have some that are big or small. So TheDude5000, you have too worry about the size of the actual thumbnails and filenames. Why don't you just rename the files or create new folders to lessen down the number of items stored in the same folder? Also, why not just not worry about it?

But there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.

It's pretty obvious...

or get a mouse with a tilt wheel.

I thought he already has one? Do you mean when you click the middle mouse button once, a directional pad appears on the screen and you can just move the mouse to scroll through in which direction you want to go?

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

Ya know what, you're right, they were some new screens near the end with really long names, even longer than the ones with Fraps timestamps. Vertical bar: gone. Thanks a bunch guys.

user posted image

No worries.

Ring: A lot of newer mice have a tilt wheel - you can push it left or right to scroll horizontally.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.