Amazing Draw Distance!

err0rz0n

At 1:05 - 1:06 in the trailer, you can see the cars (little car lights - red and white) moving in the far distance at the other side of the water... It's really amazing and adds a strong realistic touch to the city. Go watch it in video (HD) and you will see the lights are moving horizontally across the street.

Here's a screencap:

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3821_gta_iv.jpg

Edited by err0rz0n

Imagine getting to the 60th floor of a skyscraper, and looking down at the streets form above, watching the traffic moving with all sorts of lights and buzz... cool.gif

Imagine getting to the 60th floor of a skyscraper, and looking down at the streets form above, watching the traffic moving with all sorts of lights and buzz... cool.gif

icon14.gif

Snake Without a Tongue

The draw distance has been the most impressive thing thus far. I hope it carries over into the actual game.

I just hope that weapon projectiles can travel to the draw distance's limit, unlike any other 3-d GTA. Stupid RPG's, exploding in mid-air... mad.gif

ThePatriotsGun
I just hope that weapon projectiles can travel to the draw distance's limit, unlike any other 3-d GTA. Stupid RPG's, exploding in mid-air... mad.gif

Well to be fair, the RPG-7 does have fail-safe system that makes the RPG explode automatically when it exceeds a certain distance (or was it when the rocket runs out of fuel?).

I do agree. The draw distance is the best in any console version GTA thus far. I just can't wait to play this game. Imagine, driving on an overpass approaching a distant skyline, watching it grow larger and larger as you get closer to it. blush.gif

None of us are going to see the light of day when this game is released confused.gif

Unless they release it on a Monday, then I'll be pissed angry.gif

That would be great. biggrin.gif

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Yeah I understand what you mean, the game looks amazing at night.

New account: Gezim

None of us are going to see the light of day when this game is released  confused.gif

Unless they release it on a Monday, then I'll be pissed angry.gif

OoOo I know. By the time this game is released I'll be in my spring semester, and on mondays I got calculus, physics, and arch history all in one day ><

Thats why we need to get the DeLorean running. We'll need to jump back with or consoles to a time where we'll Have time.

DigitallyInsane

Don't know if anyone else has suggested this.. but aren't those just traffic lights or lights on buildings for aircraft? I can't see them being taillights...

user posted image

The hole in the Durex... xerxes' father 'did it 4 da lulz'.

I don't think they are tail lights. The one it top centre is too wide to be.

Also trailers never really tell the real tale of the game. They are always jazzed up

to look better. Just a thought, not trying to sh*t on the excellence of the game.

i think GTA IV is gonna be good both graphically and gameplay wise

but i think that's gonna be a cut scene or was just a rendered picture, hopefully it isnt but i dont think these guys gotten into the systems that much nor are the systems that powerful to have that much quality on one shot, on top of not having to load wherever you go

The Night Fox

yea, this is the next generation, The draw distance should be at it's best ver this time.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

@ munkey and fishermanGTA:

They are actually taillights. Proof? Go watch the trailer video (HD recommended) and you will see those red and white lights moving on the street.

And it doesn't matter whether it's a cut-scene or gameplay, cause GTA always integrates gameplay graphics into cutscenes, if you get what I mean.

Edited by err0rz0n

I guess we can all be happy that they delayed it smile.gif

It looks soo much better now than it did before! Incredibly amazingly wonderfulness biggrin.gif

*reminds himself to take a week off when it releases*

No sleep for a week mercie_blink.gif

I've been up the empire state (around dusk i think) and would very much like to compare. Breathtaking....

Maybe that aren't the cars!!!Maybe that are traffic light???

Please, read the post above your last one.

None of us are going to see the light of day when this game is released confused.gif

I hope the game will be release in February, I got 2 weeks of vacation the 15th of Feb !!!!

With San Andreas I was a big no life, but with GTA IV... I don't even imagine !!!

I love that screenshot!

It shows off how the city looks like at night!

I just can't wait. wow.gifbiggrin.gif

None of us are going to see the light of day when this game is released  confused.gif

I hope the game will be release in February, I got 2 weeks of vacation the 15th of Feb !!!!

With San Andreas I was a big no life, but with GTA IV... I don't even imagine !!!

It doesn't bear thinking about mate.

Edit: And personally i hope it comes out in feb as well cause i'm going into the navy in june. I'll settle for march too but no more bleedin' delays.