GTA IV Beta changes?

mark-2007

Hi,

I'm sorry if this point has been raised before. Every past GTA from III onwards, we have seen changes from the Beta version (pre-release used to test bugs and stuff I think).

Please, if you have the time, watch these videos:

GTA III Beta

Vice City Beta

San Andreas Beta

LCS Beta

VCS Beta

Could anyone confirm some of these as facts too please? I think that the video maker may have made stuff up about there being children in GTA III which were taken out. As well as Lamp-post fixers in San Andreas...

Anyways, my point was that in the months leading up to the release of all these games, things were shown in previews that weren't in the final game. An example would be that you could eventually take over all the territories in San Andreas (without exploiting the glitch) and fight the Mafia and Triads for control of some areas, as seen in the Brady Games map.

Does anybody believe we'll see some huge changes made between the previews and trailers now compared to the final release version of GTA?

user posted image

bvproductions

Nice videos.

Although I believe I've gone blind from the text colors used in all of them..

Regardless of me losing my ability to see.. good work on gathering all the information. icon14.gif

CthulhuFhtagn

Why, of course. It always happens.

By the way, no, none of it was made up.

Ask what's his name... Um... Claude94? I am not sure.

This tread is worthless

It's big, it's yellow, can't you f*cking see it?

user posted image

*I am happy with Vegas being banned, and I fully support the staff's decision to keep him banned.*!!!

It was hard to see the text, but yeah, in one of my game files there was a territory you could take over in Las venturas, I was weirded out how it just popped up after I beat the game.

CthulhuFhtagn
It was hard to see the text, but yeah, in one of my game files there was a territory you could take over in Las venturas, I was weirded out how it just popped up after I beat the game.

Nononono, they also appear when you fly out really far away on a plane.

This tread is worthless

user posted image

*I am happy with Vegas being banned, and I fully support the staff's decision to keep him banned.*!!!

Yeah, that's what I meant by the glitch, by flying very far out from the map, new territories appear across the San Andreas state.

So what things do you believe will be removed? I know we don't know many features, but do you think anything major that we do know will be taken out due to bugs and the sort?

user posted image

CthulhuFhtagn
Yeah, that's what I meant by the glitch, by flying very far out from the map, new territories appear across the San Andreas state.

So what things do you believe will be removed? I know we don't know many features, but do you think anything major that we do know will be taken out due to bugs and the sort?

Dunno. How could we?

This tread is worthless

user posted image

No more changes for Beta or VHS... and yeah, I am making a joke there.

I checked the San An one as I play that the most. I bought the magazines for vice City and San Andreas, I recall those same stills and the ones left up at R*'s site have changes still, so yeah, a good number have been altered but we may never know beyond the 9/11 event for sure the reasoning. Someone said on the video it could be to make room for something else, or it was not needed, much like a movie is cut in pre production editing, the same process goes for games

Edited by Slamman

I think Roman's voice has changed between the trailer 2 and 3. But who knows, they always do.