can i add lights to weapons

omegadavid26

well, i was wondering the same, perhaps you can't add dummies of cars to work as lights (i already tried), but maybe other kind of dummies could work

No. I tried this, because i wanted to make a flashlight weapon, but the lights attached to the model don't work when the player is armed with that weapon. Some kind of game engine limitation.

No. I tried this, because i wanted to make a flashlight weapon, but the lights attached to the model don't work when the player is armed with that weapon. Some kind of game engine limitation.

One could make it work, I think.... but for that I'd have to start going at modding again. Maybe next year. smile.gif

Alex

I bet all the lighting on weapons is relative to CJ/col when it is equipped. Because, remember in VC and

III when they had those lit weapons? I think SA just left out the "power orb" effects but the game still

"turns off" everything but the basic mesh, and turns ON the muzzle flash, when equipped.

so, in SA there is just nothing to turn off, those "light orbs" weren't added to the pickup-state of the models.

I have a lot of things that contradict that theory, and those power lights, I think, were not part of weapon

DFFs in the old games but controlled by pickup code etc etc etc

-derty

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr