Francis McCreary? Is this him?

Carbine23

Well Trailer 3 came out and it has led me to believe that this is Francis McCreary

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3809_gta_iv.jpg

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3819_gta_iv.jpg

Some information from GTA4.Net

McCreary is a corrupt police officer (what would a GTA game be without one?) who has dirt on Niko's past. He knows about a felony Niko committed, which he threatens to reveal details of unless Niko obeys his orders. In the mission "Call and Collect," McCreary asks you to retrieve a memory stick with sensitive data which was stolen from him. He wears a black suit and tie, has a short moustache, and has slicked blonde hair with a strong side parting.

Whoa, man. Thanks for finding it.. so I can still believe that this dude is a good cop (since he has a real beard.. all nice guys do):

user posted image

JackBauer0429
Well Trailer 3 came out and it has led me to believe that this is Francis McCreary

Some information from GTA4.Net

McCreary is a corrupt police officer (what would a GTA game be without one?) who has dirt on Niko's past. He knows about a felony Niko committed, which he threatens to reveal details of unless Niko obeys his orders. In the mission "Call and Collect," McCreary asks you to retrieve a memory stick with sensitive data which was stolen from him. He wears a black suit and tie, has a short moustache, and has slicked blonde hair with a strong side parting.

No, I don't think that's him.

McReary is the guy who tells him "I'm not asking you to do this thing.. I'm TELLING you!"

By the look of his face... He was smart enough to tie Niko up before bitch slapping him.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that this isn't McReary. I still think the cop in the drawing is McReary. This guy seems way too skinny and weak to be a corrupt cop, and plus his associate doesn't seem too cop-like. He says later in the trailer "stop shooting people you maniac!"...doesn't really seem like something a corrupt cop would say.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that this isn't McReary. I still think the cop in the drawing is McReary. This guy seems way too skinny and weak to be a corrupt cop, and plus his associate doesn't seem too cop-like. He says later in the trailer "stop shooting people you maniac!"...doesn't really seem like something a corrupt cop would say.

Hence why he has a tough-guy on his side so his little skinny hands remain clean. Besides, not all corrupt police men are donut-eating badasses. This is EXACTLY the type of cop that could go rogue.

Either skinny and pushed around, or too badass for it's own good. He's one of the skinny ones.

bigmitchbaker

i never thinked that the cop in the artwork was mccreary they said he has a stash not a big ass

beard i bet thats a cop that knows mccrearys dirty and wants to put him away so hes asking niko to where a wire or somthing idk colgate.gif

Wait, but the skinny guy sounds European. And McReary doesn't strike me as the kind of surname someone like that would have.

Wait, but the skinny guy sounds European. And McReary doesn't strike me as the kind of surname someone like that would have.

How would he have known about Niko's past if he was an American? so McReary must be from Europe.

Vanilla Shake

Good shout. icon14.gif

Off-topic: "Roman" is the spitting image of Dante from Clerks. moto_whistle.gif

A character from my future-favorite game resembles a character from my favorite movie of all time. Ironic.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

Or maybe Niko has been in America before? Maybe McReary once worked overseas? Maybe he knows a person who knew Niko? There are a lot of possibilities as to how this copper knows what he does. But the name...it doesn't fit the character.

Or maybe Niko has been in America before? Maybe McReary once worked overseas? Maybe he knows a person who knew Niko? There are a lot of possibilities as to how this copper knows what he does. But the name...it doesn't fit the character.

Why cant a site like IGN say if this is Officer McReary or not?

Because they suck. Na, I've thought about that as well, and I don't understand why either.

Because they suck. Na, I've thought about that as well, and I don't understand why either.

If that is him, he sure gave Niko a sly little bitch slap lol.gif

bigmitchbaker

If that is him, he sure gave Niko a sly little bitch slap lol.gif

hahahaha lol.gif

How would he have known about Niko's past if he was an American? so McReary must be from Europe.

Maybe he's undercover????

Or maybe rockstar changed him a little big since the delay

Remember R* took a f*cking oath of secrecy colgate.gif ?

Maybe IGN did asked!!!.................buuuuuuut R* gave them the finger bored.gif

Regardless if his name fits him or not, the description matches perfectly.

Nice job spotting McReary, I wouldn't have guessed it myself.

shortyduwaaap
Regardless if his name fits him or not, the description matches perfectly.

Nice job spotting McReary, I wouldn't have guessed it myself.

yeah, hes the ONLY one we've seen so far that matches his physical description

I may not have handy pics for these, but I recall he was the one 'telling' Niko, 'not asking him'....to do something!

im with this guy

I think mcreary will really piss me off, I dont like the idea of Niko (a tough guy) being knocked about by mcreary, who in all honesty looks like a middle aged accountant.