Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,346 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Jordan

Complete Trailer Three Shot-By-Shot Analysis

pisskidney

I don't know if anyone's said this or whether it's a really f*cking stupid idea, but...

In shot 26 you say there's a 20% off sign at the place behind Niko. Perhaps if there is seasons, there'll be sales. If there are ATMs and this isn't a 'rags to riches' story... I'm clutching at straws but just something extra to fuel the imagination.

Edit: In shot sixty-nine (alternate capture) that beard is one of the spots on the box most likely. No need to panic lol. Good spot though.

Edited by pisskidney

Symbiote666

2 things:

Shot 60, the window at the top of the staircase shatters as Niko fires his rifle up the stairs.

Shot 63, there is a building on fire right at the bottom of the street, most likely the building we see Niko walking past at the end of the trailer. You may also want to point out the amazing amount of smoke that is billowing from the car.

Jordan

@ THEBIGZED: Billboard comparisons added for shots 33 and 68.

@ the skuzzbot: Francis McReary speculation added to shot 53.

@ pisskidney: Beard/spots/box thing fixed in shot 69.

@ Symbiote666: Shot 60 glass thing added with new image uploaded. I don't see a burning building in shot 63, though.

Also, lots of other stuff added/fixed. And yeah, I fixed the thing about the picture of the guy with the mustache tounge.gif

Symbiote666

If you look at the windows at the bottom of the street, they are lit up and flickering, they light emiting from them seems to be too much to just be lights inside.

Stanley_Coleman

Did someone hear Niko laughing during the shirtless man shot ? We can see his smile.

He has a fiendish laugh ! devil.gif

Zildjian

Shot 63, look at the trailer in motion, that building way in the background is on fire. Watch the way teh light pulsates.

Jordan

If you look at the windows at the bottom of the street, they are lit up and flickering, they light emiting from them seems to be too much to just be lights inside.

Can you take the screenshot into a program...even MS Paint...circle the place you are talking about...and then upload to http://www.isarapix.com and give the link here?

Stanley_Coleman

Yes it's pretty obvious that the building is burning but it's not the same as the last shot, just compare the windows.

I guess the firefighter missions will be more exciting this time !

Jordan
Shot 1: http://www.isarapix.com/pix82/1197233155.jpg

Shot 2: http://www.isarapix.com/pix94/1197233116.jpg

I took 2 to show you that they are flickering, and aren't just one steady light.

Ah wow, you should have said "in the very far background of the shot, down the street and not on the sides of the road." I added it and made my own screen and such. Thanks!

Hope

"In a strip club, several guys watch as a woman dances around a pole. One of the men is in a hooded jacket." - I'm pretty sure there's two guys wearing hoods, not one.

Deuce Deuce

@Jordan: It would have been nice to see your views on what people think (including me) is snow in the background to shot 44. Could this mean a sign of season changes after all (forgive me if this has already been confirmed)?

Jordan
@Jordan: It would have been nice to see your views on what people think (including me) is snow in the background to shot 44. Could this mean a sign of season changes after all (forgive me if this has already been confirmed)?

Possibly, yes. I'm sticking with it being dirt or sand though.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

I just assumed that a calender meant months and months meant seasons and seasons meant snow...

So if December rolls around in IV and there is no snow, dissapointment will flow like beer at Oktoberfest.

Zildjian

I have never seen white dirt...sand maybe, but if you zoom in to that one area, then look to the right that guy who is sitting downs right shoulder you can see white stuff piled up on the side of the street. Snow plowed to the side? I think so.

Edited by Zildjian

fishing4monkeys

Woah great analysis! thanks!!!

Deuce Deuce

Not trying to pick an argument, but even from viewing the low-res picture it immediately came to my attention that it was probably snow. Maybe not thick snow like you see in winter, but in February where it gets slushy and covered with dirt and leaves.

That's my theory on that, anyway. It might just be nice to point out that it could mean snow.

O Rei do Frango Assado

Good job.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but you'll notice that the shirtless guy has a tattoo on his chest. The tattoo has the chinese character 我 , which means "I" (as in "self"). He also has written on his lower abs "mommy".

Just a couple of unimportant details, that's all.

Jordan
Good job.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but you'll notice that the shirtless guy has a tattoo on his chest. The tattoo has the chinese character 我 , which means "I" (as in "self"). He also has written on his lower abs "mommy".

Just a couple of unimportant details, that's all.

I'll update this later. Gotta head to work for now though!

tetris11

Was anyone else disappointed by the explosion in shot 51, you know the one where the fireman's running away from the flipped car, and the motorbike drives past?

It seems to me that there was a distinct lack of good lighting there. I mean, when there's an explosion behind you, you expect to see a sharp shadow in front of you. There was no shadow no nothing in front of the fireman, nor the motorbike. That really got me down.

Im going to kill myself now suicidal.gif

Edited by tetris11

YukiEiri

Hi Jordan, great breakdown. :-)

But here's one correction:

Shot Number: 57

Description: This is from the same sequence as the last two shots. One police boat disappeared in the last shot and isn't here either. There's only one boat chasing them. There's not a whole lot to speak of here. What you see is what is there, and there isn't much that's very cool that I can point out to you.

That is a different scene, the other police boat did not disappear. Notice that a) the boat is different and b) there are different passengers.

********** EDIT **********

Oh, just look at the RIB's Nico is driving, the first one has targa with radar at the very end of the boat and the second one has the targa /w radar above the windshield.

Jordan

@ O Rei do Frango Assado: Fixed.

@ YukiEiri: Fixed.

Later today, I will be putting up a complete list of changes I have made to the original breakdown I wrote...before I made ANY changes.

vsv-ivanovo

Hi, I'm Sergey, i'm from Russia. Is it true that the man at the end of the trailer is Seroyga the songer that sing the song in the trailer?

Theboss21

Anyone notice it is raining near the end where niko is in the room with the two guys.

Zildjian
Anyone notice it is raining near the end where niko is in the room with the two guys.

Yeah, looks cool. Hopefully we can look out the windows of buildings at the dreary days of Liberty City. Say, while we are in our safehouse.

reign of terror

ive been posting this all over the place but Jordan doesnt seem to want to add it.

Jordan

ive been posting this all over the place but Jordan doesnt seem to want to add it.

I added it. Sorry it took so long.

Edited by Jordan

YukiEiri

@ YukiEiri: Fixed.

Later today, I will be putting up a complete list of changes I have made to the original breakdown I wrote...before I made ANY changes.

_o/ thanks,

But you missed the part about the passengers. wink.gif

In the first shot, left is a guy with white shirt, red tie and black hair.

on the right (behind Nico) is someone with glasses.

On the second boat, left is a guy with violet shirt, no tie and has gray in his hair.

on the right (behind Nico) is someone wihtout glasses.

So definately two different scenes molded togehter.

Also in neither shots can we see the "Octopus" ship, so perhaps all parts of that shot (two police boats, two LCPD boats after Nico, one LCPD boat after Nico) are from different situations.

wilbur

Did anyone notice in shot 50 (the Bird man) the photo on the wall on the right is the "please, no more killing" woman from trailer 2?