Smashed Up Cars

xNamexTakenx

This is really weird...I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not, but anyways. Whenever I go to the badlands and don't have a car, I just go to the nearest town and steal a car from somebody's house. The thing is, it's all bashed up! The sides, front, back, everything! Have you guys experienced this? The engines okay, but it's all smashed up, and I didn't know cars could spawn like that! I guess hillbillies don't know how to take of their cars, eh?

This is really weird...I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not, but anyways. Whenever I go to the badlands and don't have a car, I just go to the nearest town and steal a car from somebody's house. The thing is, it's all bashed up! The sides, front, back, everything! Have you guys experienced this? The engines okay, but it's all smashed up, and I didn't know cars could spawn like that! I guess hillbillies don't know how to take of their cars, eh?

Some of those "smashed up" cars are great for driving in because they won't take noticable damage in a crash..don't know for a fact whether they're "tougher" than a regular car..but they seem to be.

If you just jump on a house and watch peds drive, you will see that the trucks cause traffic crashes (watched a whole hour). After that, the peds usually park their cars in front of houses.

And if they park their trucks in-front of houses, they usually smash some stuff up (drive over peds or destroy fences). It's very funny. I usually turn on winamp and just watch them.

And did you noticed that the game has a screensaver ?

After some time, the game camera will go away from CJ and start looking at some other action.

That's usually police who pursuit other people or gangs shooting each-other

If you just jump on a house and watch peds drive, you will see that the trucks cause traffic crashes (watched a whole hour). After that, the peds usually park their cars in front of houses.

And if they park their trucks in-front of houses, they usually smash some stuff up (drive over peds or destroy fences). It's very funny. I usually turn on winamp and just watch them.

And did you noticed that the game has a screensaver ?

After some time, the game camera will go away from CJ and start looking at some other action.

That's usually police who pursuit other people or gangs shooting each-other

Yeah, and in the cities, once you spawn outside of hospital it zooms in onto girls ass's lol

But about the smashed up cars, SA, in some parts does have so called "dumped cars". Which are made all smashed up and just spawn there smashed up

Some of those "smashed up" cars are great for driving in because they won't take noticable damage in a crash..don't know for a fact whether they're "tougher" than a regular car..but they seem to be.

They're neither tougher nor weaker than the "normal" cars; it's just that they are dented from the start so they look in worse shape than they are.

Ottae's vehicle database doesn't appear to have pics but you can find them easily enough in the game; there's two types - glendale and sadler. See the SAM map filtered on "rundown" for locations.

The only one i've seen so far is the one at that refinery/dig type place at San Fierro. I just followed the highway until it just cut off into the river, and then swam/ran up the rocky area. It was there along with a tow truck. It wasnt that much different. It was a Glendale.

The beat up Glendale looks like this:

user posted image

I think it looks a bit different than if you take a new Glendale and smash it. Also it cannot be repaired if you take it to a pay'n'spray (it will have its hitpoints restored, but still looks trashed). There are some scattered around the badlands and in the forests around SA.

This must be the most talked about GTA SA thing.

There is also a beat up pick up truck at the shore near the deserted airfield.

Heres a map I found of all the 'Ghost Cars' locations

http://www.gta.cz/sanandreas/data/zahady/GhostCars1024.JPG

This doesnt seem to have ALL the ghost cars cos there is one that 1066ant mentioned north of the desert airstrip.

I didnt realise there was a ghost Walton, cool, i'll have to find it.

@1066ant Yes, that ghost car is a Sadler.

guilty.by.association
Heres a map I found of all the 'Ghost Cars' locations

http://www.gta.cz/sanandreas/data/zahady/GhostCars1024.JPG

This doesnt seem to have ALL the ghost cars cos there is one that 1066ant mentioned north of the desert airstrip.

I didnt realise there was a ghost Walton, cool, i'll have to find it.

@1066ant Yes, that ghost car is a Sadler.

I found that bashed up Walton once, by accident, haven't seen it since, forgot where it is.

• 1 month later...

I saw another smashed up car in San Fierro. But, this time, somone was driving it! So, I pulled the ped out, but it ended up being a Rifa. What an idiot! I wonder where he got it from... confused.gif