3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DemonKing

wow man this some crazy sh*t

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
wow u people in states have really crazy laws heres a link http://www.2spare.com/item_66642.aspx holy crap i was amazed by it.

That Nebraska list is repetative as sucks as well because it is no where near complete.

Those are squirrel laws as they are called in debate which are mostly ignored becasue they seemed more trouble to scratch off the books than completely ignore.

The better Nebraska squirel laws are about cattle.

Fun Knee stuff.

SIP YEK NOD
holy crap i was amazed by it.

then you are a f*cking idiot, because these are all sensationalist bullsh*t

#

# It is illegal to stab yourself to gain someone's pity.

it is illegal to stab yourself. adding the "to gain somebody's pity" makes it seem foolish

# You cannot chain your alligator to a fire hydrant.

you cannot keep an alligator as a pet. adding the fire hydrant makes it seem foolsih

Kangaroos are not allowed in barber shops at any time.

animals are not allowed in barber shops. kangaroos are an animal, so they mention it specifically to make it seem foolish.

you see where i am going with this? think critically, don't accept anything on the internet at face value, even this.

Jay

My theory is that some irritable person in power passed those laws at some time so he could get someone else in trouble, or as a joke. And they've remained on the books ever since.

Jake

Just look at how ridiculous these are and you know no one really enforces most of them.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

you cannot keep an alligator as a pet. adding the fire hydrant makes it seem foolsih

Well, some states have allowed alligators as pets even though that has changed the laws for it have not been struck from the record and it they are allowed again still apply.

A chained allitagor to a fire hydrant makes it quite abit more difficult to put out a fire in the area in question. Therefore it is considered a hazard to the community.

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

DemonKing

yeah even so i found it funny that these laws even exist.

SWEETSAPRIK

Most of these are either blue laws (meaning they might have made some sense at one point, but became pointless and are more trouble to remove than just ignore), taken out of context, or never existed at all.

Stupid lists like this pop up all the time though.

SIP YEK NOD
yeah even so i found it funny that these laws even exist.

you appear to have missed my point

a lot of these laws exist in a round-about way. they don't exist as they are written there, just applied to ridiculous situations for comedic effect.

#

# Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

having sex with any animal is illegal in most places, applying it to a porcupine in Florida makes it funnier.

#

# Des Plaines: Wheelbarrows with For-Sale signs may not be chained to trees.

illegal to chain signs to trees, say its for wheelbarrows, boom, instant list filler.

It is illegal to hunt from an aircraft.

it is illegal to hunt from a vehicle, aircraft fall into that category. say aircraft instead of vehicle, boom, teh funnay!

see what i am saying?

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
Most of these are either blue laws (meaning they might have made some sense at one point, but became pointless and are more trouble to remove than just ignore), taken out of context, or never existed at all.

Stupid lists like this pop up all the time though.

Hell, Sweet some of them still make sense from time to time. sly.gif

GTA3Rockstar

In California it is illegal to have caller ID

What utter bullsh*t

DemonKing

ahh yes SIP YEK NOD i think i get what ur saying. they just break the existing laws up such as having sex with a animal and narrow it to one state and one animal. yes i get it

Jay

Jayzamann pumps his fists and bro-grabs SYN

You're sucking the funny out of this maaaaaaaan

Iminicus

Dude, you act like New Zealand doesn't have crazy laws.

Just a couple of the top of my head

The Boy Racer Act of 2003

The Anti Smacking bill of 2007

The Electoral Finance Bill of 2007 ( Granted it hasn't passed yet)

So as you can see American isn't the only place with stupid or crazy laws.

bigmitchbaker

the boy racer one is cos we have heaps of crashes and so many people have been killed

the smacking one is cos heaps of kids and babys have been beat to death i dont think thats a silly law confused.gif

havent heard of that Electoral Finance Bill monocle.gif

Iminicus

the boy racer one is cos we have heaps of crashes and so many people have been killed

the smacking one is cos heaps of kids and babys have been beat to death i dont think thats a silly law confused.gif

havent heard of that Electoral Finance Bill monocle.gif

You have no clue what you are talking about.

The Boy Racer Act isn't about young guys or girls in cars. It is to stop anyone from being a hoon on the road. It is misnamed and is actively used to attack younger drives.

The Anti Smacking Bill is sh*t stupid. It hasn't stopped child abuse. All it has done is mad it illegal to discipline your child with some force. What Sue Bradford and co don't realize is that those committing child abuse will do it no matter what laws they create and in act. The people being hurt by this are normal, average, families. Go read the Herald and you will find a story of a father getting 3 years for smacking his son, because his son was a sh*t. Or what about the TV presenter who had the police knock on her door because a neighbour called the police, because 'I heard some screaming and I didn't know what was going on, but is sounded like a child being abused. The mother was shouting...'

The Electoral Finance Bill wants to stop freedom of speech for 11 months instead of 3 during an election year. It also calls for public funding for the party in power, while stemming funding for other parties through private contributions over certain limits. Basically, Helen Clark is giving herself more power and freedom to win next year's election, while stopping National or any other party from advertising and gaining supporters. Read up on it.

Plus, there is the law that stops members of the media from satirising MPs and the PM; ie, with video images, cartoons, monologues, pictures, voice overs, etc. Or taking something said out of context.

But how do you know Iminicus? Because I am a resident of New Zealand and I pay attention to the sh*ttiness this country is digging itself into. I read newspapers and watch the news. I look at the legislation ( well, the free to public sh*t ) and I form my opinions on it.

Ryuranger

lmfao, You can't have more than 2 Dildo's in your house if you live in Arizona?

and Its Illegal to kiss your wife on Sunday?

Thats f*cking stupid lol.gif

Im Rick James B**ch!

I dont know which states they apply in, but here are a few quirky Aus laws.

1. All taxis must have a bail of hay in the boot at all times.

2. Your not allowed to wear hot pants on a sunday.

3. In Melbourne, only a qualified electrician is legally allowed to change a light bulb.

Thats all i can remember off the top of my head.

Oblivionz

Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.

Michigan laws are pretty cool, I don't think that's crazy. We don't have a lot of people getting shot, so I don't see the problem with this law. I myself have two handguns.

It's illegal in Michigan for a person under the age of 21 to give a gift of alcohol beverage to anyone, even to a person of legal age.

Not true, I bought my aunt a bottle of champagne as congratulations for having her baby the other day.

You may not swear in front of women and children in the state of Michigan.

Don't think that's true, but it happens all the time, cops don't do sh*t, in fact, I've heard cops swear plenty.

It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house.

That should be a law everywhere. It's their fault if they got hurt in your house. It's not your fault, unless you shot them, of course.

The use of the names of dead presidents to sell alcohol in Michigan is prohibited.

Not true.

Im Rick James B**ch!

Don't think that's true, but it happens all the time, cops don't do sh*t, in fact, I've heard cops swear plenty.

True or not, i dont think that because police dont enforce or even uphold these las makes them any less true. It just means that they might be, as Sweets said, "blue" laws.

Oblivionz

True or not, i dont think that because police dont enforce or even uphold these las makes them any less true. It just means that they might be, as Sweets said, "blue" laws.

What I meant by true or not that I don't believe it's a real law, but if these are real laws, none of them are really enforced.. The crazy ones, anyway.

guilty.by.association

I dont believe all of them. But they are funny, some of them are hilarious

But i dont see how you can stop people having sex in any other position that missionary, i mean come on.

And no oral sex. Oh yep...

Lol smile.gif They are hilarious though even though its mostly bullsh*t

I mean its obviously not true about Tattoos and Piercing being illegal, t hats just stupid. Stuff like that fully kills it cause its blatantly wrong

Edited by guilty.by.association

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
3. In Melbourne, only a qualified electrician is legally allowed to change a light bulb.

I should be in jail 12 times over whatsthat.gif

BTW i'm from Melbourne.

Ottae

A city ordinance states that a $500 fine will be given to anyone who detonates a nuclear device within city limits.

Molesting butterflies can result in a $500 fine.

Haha, those are awesome.

Ryuranger
Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.

Michigan laws are pretty cool, I don't think that's crazy. We don't have a lot of people getting shot, so I don't see the problem with this law. I myself have two handguns.

Your sh*tting me right? God damn, everyone must have a f*cking gun in America then...

Pussy's use your Hands tounge.gif

lurchseesu420

Your sh*tting me right? God damn, everyone must have a f*cking gun in America then...

Pussy's use your Hands tounge.gif

We have to have guns. If we didn't what would we shoot people with. sarcasm.gif

Californian

WTF?! LMAO

The English language is not to be spoken

that is so not f*cking true, lol

Edited by Californian

lesfleanut
holy crap i was amazed by it.

then you are a f*cking idiot, because these are all sensationalist bullsh*t

#

# It is illegal to stab yourself to gain someone's pity.

it is illegal to stab yourself. adding the "to gain somebody's pity" makes it seem foolish

Kangaroos are not allowed in barber shops at any time.

animals are not allowed in barber shops. kangaroos are an animal, so they mention it specifically to make it seem foolish.

you see where i am going with this? think critically, don't accept anything on the internet at face value, even this.

You just ruined christmas. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.

DemonKing

thanks les. i mena i was just posting something i thought was funny but sip yek nod went mental

Cran.
The Anti Smacking Bill is sh*t stupid. It hasn't stopped child abuse. All it has done is mad it illegal to discipline your child with some force. What Sue Bradford and co don't realize is that those committing child abuse will do it no matter what laws they create and in act. The people being hurt by this are normal, average, families. Go read the Herald and you will find a story of a father getting 3 years for smacking his son, because his son was a sh*t. Or what about the TV presenter who had the police knock on her door because a neighbour called the police, because 'I heard some screaming and I didn't know what was going on, but is sounded like a child being abused. The mother was shouting...'

What utter stupidity.. it's hard to believe what can be passed when we all say we've made such 'progress'. How politically correct does the world have to get before we explode? How else are kids going to be disciplined? Some kids just don't get the message until they get a smack on the arse.