Strange

alexrdh

I was playing SA on PS2 the other day, since I wasn't allowed on my PC.

I was driving around Los Santos, until for some reason the map never loaded, and I fell right through the groud, when I spawned back up on land, it was like strange... I saw these loading particles and the 5 towers' windows weren't there, and I could see some invis ground. I used a sh*tload of cheats, and some scratches on the back of the disc, could that be the problem?

It other cities, it seems fine, no invis ground or anything

Edited by alexrdh

It happens from time to time, sometimes you'll be going too fast for the game to load, or it simply hasn't got round to loading that particular area. It doesn't do any harm to your game, just enjoy that sinking feeling. wink.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Scratches maybe. Cheats no.

There are several glitches like that though.

Is it persistent and where.

Give me a location if it is and I will check it.

If you have a digital camera get to pic taken if you want results from this thread.

If it isn't reproducible it may just be a one off glitch which is really what you want to hope for at this point.

Happens to me occasionally just around Glen Park and the highway entrance, I'd be interested to hear if it's the same with alexrdh.

Please, call me Alex.

Well I cannot take screenie because I can't and not allowed to get a freakin' camera

If this happened on PC I could use FRAPS to take a screen, but since I can't get digital camera or any other camera I can't

That fall thru the ground part was a glitch with the safehouse in muholland (bad spell tounge.gif), and I could see where I was going, so I fell thru that window, then drove fast to Ganton and everything dissapeared, except for the breakable bridge part and some homies, poles, cars and some hookers biggrin.gif

Seems like it happens in East Los Santos more than anything, that's if I'm reading Alex's post right. smile.gif Can you mark on the map where abouts you fell and spawned?

Well, it also happens when I'm flying a plane to LS, but the AI somehow "lands" on invis ground, spawn outside the LS airport, it's loaded properly, I jacked a taxi and SPED the Ganton (my territory was under attack) everything was slow to load, all I could see was a few ballas running around with guns, and after 1 minute everything properly loads. It's all blurry at 30 secs, then starts getting the textures rite.

Well, I might be able to post screenies and film Grovez'n da hood Pt.3: Hiding Out, (cluckity f*ck biggrin.gif) but I just don't have the damned time sad.gif

Struff Bunstridge

I get something similar sometimes on the road route between Big Smoke's house and Unity Station; the road by the petrol station is light blue and looks like it hasn't loaded yet. I get a little wobble when I drive over it, and then the game catches up and loads the surface...

What version on PS2 are you using?

The original version disc, gets scratched really bad for some reason, happened to me and my mates. I suggest you buy the Platinium version if you don't have it already.

Although if you do, you will have to start from the beginning.

It is platinum... I have dropped the disc LOADS of times, so that might be it.

I'll stick with my PC version, take care of it so it doesn't get glitchy smile.gif

He isn't allowed on the PC, yet he posted here? Odd.

As for your glitch, well it's the scratch most definitely. It keeps recurring, and you've admitted to dropping it. At least you have the PC version.

I always wondered if "loading problems" could be caused by having too much information saved onto a PS2 memory card. I've started to use one card per game so I won't overload the memory.

Do you cheat? If you do alot, strange things can happen. I know, I have many files, covering TWO MEMORY CARDS,

No, it was night (late) I wasn't allowed to turn on my PC until morning. So I played on PS2, then all this glitchy stuff happened, since it was late after seeing the glitches I drove thru forests, since it was late and I was tired I saw brown patch I thought was bigfoot but it was my vision.

EDIT: I posted it later tomorrow on that night.

Edited by alexrdh

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
No, it was night (late) I wasn't allowed to turn on my PC until morning. So I played on PS2, then all this glitchy stuff happened, since it was late after seeing the glitches I drove thru forests, since it was late and I was tired I saw brown patch I thought was bigfoot but it was my vision.

That happens when you go fast on the PS2 version sometimes..Mostly because of the console processing speed.

But on another note: I've got your Big Foot Answers Right Here icon13.gifcool.gificon13.gif

lol

That happens when you go fast on the PS2 version sometimes..Mostly because of the console processing speed.

But on another note: I've got your Big Foot Answers Right Here icon13.gifcool.gificon13.gif

lol

I was quite tired so I saw things...

I thought I saw the devil in the ghost town, but I looked too much into 'the light' (my light bulb) and vision turned red... devil.gif

Anyways back on topic

Well, it's only in LS not in other cities. Mostly around the airport and Ganton, I hit a car I never even saw. Because it turned just around the corner (on a blurry bridge, next to Grove St.)

And I was drving around the beach, and this is where it gets funny. It gets glitchy around the beach, an old granny was driving a Faggio and fell through the ground lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Have A Merry Christmas pplz xmas.gif

Christmas is next month (well, for me anyway). Nonetheless, thanks.

That could just have to do with the processing speed; the PS2 loading sped is slower than that on PC. It just happens; you just have to try and live with it.

Well, this means I have glitches to show my friends and that biggrin.gif

Plus at times it is really weird, there might be a small ledge that you drive over in a bike, which causes you to jump into flood control.

Well, this means I have glitches to show my friends and that biggrin.gif

Plus at times it is really weird, there might be a small ledge that you drive over in a bike, which causes you to jump into flood control.

Well, that's pretty normal, though. That can happen even in non-glitchy situations. That just has to do with the fact that it doesn't load properly sometimes.