Rate My Laptop

TonyResta

Hi, i have been in a long search for a good laptop at a cheap price, and i think i have finally found a good one, could you guys please rate it for me? x/10 style.

Notebook Acer 5682WLMI

Intel Core 2 Duo T5300 1,73 GHz

2048MB DDR2 RAM

DVD-Super Multi DL

160GB HardDisk

nVidea GeForce 7600, 256MB

Intergrated 1.3Megapixel WebCam

5-1 MultiSD-Card reader

3 USB 2.0 slots

Windows Vista Home Premium

Price: 1199.- (Swiss Francs) = £524 (GBP) = $1,062 (USD)

So is it good for it's price, its the cheapest best laptop ive seen in my city.

Could you also let me know if it could run these games, if not, please tell me why, if yes but with some limitations, please let me know which:

GTA San Andreas

Just Cause

Sim City 4 : Deluxe Edition

The Sims 2

Thanks for your time biggrin.gif

Edited by tony-resta

What can i say... better than my pc sad.gif but not for long >:D i`m gonna get a Athlon 5200x2 ,2gbddr2(that would be 4gbddr2) and a ati x1950 xtx 512mb/512bit inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

Back on the topic great notebook icon14.gif

Edit: if you want to know what games would work on your notebook go www.systemrequirementslab.com and select any game and click test wait for a while and you will see the low and recomanded requirements wink.gif

Edited by R.F.

Not bad, but are you sure the processor's not a Core 2 Duo? Because a 1.7 ghz Core Duo would be slow as sh*t. It should play all those games no problem.

I'd say it's right at the minimum for current day programs and games. Under 2Ghz is a bit weak, but it's close so it's not that bad. Anything lower would just be too slow. I think my brother has an early x64 type AMD with 1.6Ghz and it's pretty slow, but he also only has 1GB of RAM, so that could be holding it back as well.

The 7600GT is pretty nice, good for a laptop. 2GB of RAM is just right.

Everything sounds right for a laptop, so it should do you just fine icon14.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Like I said, if it's a core 2 duo then 1.7 is plenty for that card, if its core duo then it's weak. A 1.7 core 2 duo is about equal to a 2.1-ish athlon X2, so a 4200+, which is plenty fast for everything but video encoding. A 1.7 core duo though, that's about equal to an athlon X2 at around 1.5-ish, and they don't even go that low. tounge.gif

Sir Million Knives
What can i say... better than my pc sad.gif but not for long >:D i`m gonna get a Athlon 5200x2 ,2gbddr2(that would be 4gbddr2) and a ati x1950 xtx 512mb/512bit inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

Back on the topic great notebook icon14.gif

Edit: if you want to know what games would work on your notebook go www.systemrequirementslab.com and select any game and click test wait for a while and you will see the low and recomanded requirements wink.gif

ATi x1950 is made of FAIL. I should know, I have one.

Like I said, if it's a core 2 duo then 1.7 is plenty for that card, if its core duo then it's weak. A 1.7 core 2 duo is about equal to a 2.1-ish athlon X2, so a 4200+, which is plenty fast for everything but video encoding. A 1.7 core duo though, that's about equal to an athlon X2 at around 1.5-ish, and they don't even go that low. tounge.gif

I thought the only difference was x64 support?

Ooh, didn't notice it's not a Core 2, just a regular Core 2 duo. That's pretty slow then...

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Yes, guys its a Core 2 Duo, sorry i left it out blush.gif so basically its good then, well thank you guys so much, i really appreciate it biggrin.gif

Could you also let me know if it could run these games, if not, please tell me why, if yes but with some limitations, please let me know which:

GTA San Andreas

Just Cause

Sim City 4 : Deluxe Edition

The Sims 2

You've manage to beat San Andreas and even record videos of it on Youtube with no lag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CMYj_PoPA0 | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHy9lKJaBHE

Yes, but thats with the gfx quality on low, but everything else is on max, would i be able to play with high quality gfx with that laptop?

The Core 2 Duo ain't even listed on the system requirements for San Andreas, which mean it wasn't a known processor at that time - so what you would expect? Yes, the Core 2 Duo + nVidea GeForce 7600 obviously going to run it on all settings maxed out smoothly.

Core 2 Duo's are BRAND NEW! San Andreas is OLD! Maybe Crysis or Assassin's Creed wouldn't run smoothly without upgrading to a GeForce 8800.

I wouldn't say Core 2 Duo's are brand new, but they are relatively new.

As for the videos, while there aren't any lag parts (from the 15 seconds I watched) there is noticeable low fps's.

The new laptop should play it with settings all on high and you should be able to record quite well.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

What can i say... better than my pc sad.gif but not for long >:D i`m gonna get a Athlon 5200x2 ,2gbddr2(that would be 4gbddr2) and a ati x1950 xtx 512mb/512bit  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif

Back on the topic great notebook  icon14.gif

Edit: if you want to know what games would work on your notebook go www.systemrequirementslab.com and select any game and click test wait for a while and you will see the low and recomanded requirements  wink.gif

ATi x1950 is made of FAIL. I should know, I have one.

What makes you say that? I have an X1950 PRO and it's amazing. Bought it for $160 back when the only competition, the 7900GT cost over $240. Pretty good bang for the buck there. The XTX is a beast, but it's old, go with an 8800GT of HD3870, those would be cheaper and faster.

When recording games actually, the overall performance of the comptuer will struggle more. So the lag on Youtube is pretty good. What will the actual lag be like if he was in-game and not recording anything? So we should expect a lot of speed increase for a old game like San Andreas on a Core 2 Duo.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.