TRAFFIC

Californian

i forgot which but...

R*/magazine said that the traffic will change depending on the time of day...

so probably if its day/more traffic and night/less traffic.

Now since Liberty City (IV) is a recreation of NYC and NYC has lots and lots of traffic, do you want/think grand theft auto IV's traffic in the day time is goin to be realistic like NYC?

i recently played Spiderman3 and the city looks great with the traffic, take a look at this picture. notice how many taxis/cabs there is and the parked cars and so many peds!

user posted image

hopefully grand theft auto IV is goin to like this or if not even more crowded!

user posted image

Traffic will surely make some of the game's parts memorable, i can just imagine chasing someone down on foot jumping over every car, awesome cool.gif

'jumping over cars'

i never thought of that, haha that will be great...

and maybe some muggers in a team (of 2-3) car jacks people of the street pointing guns at them being hard and thought of them. i can just imagine them yelling 'get the f*ck out of the car!' and they all get in a take off. WOW

user posted image

Transparanoia

Off topic, but too bad everything else in Spiderman 3 sucked other than swinging around the city. icon13.gif

YES, that was discussed, night is obviously less populated. What R and the press never thought to mention is freeways as we saw plenty of in SanAn returning, I am rightly worried (sick) about them not doing that with NYC based LC. You just don't think of expressways when you think NY. LC in GTA3 even, it was rather hard to escape a situation, but obstacles in general DO help at least

I think there should be just the right amount of traffic at rush hour to allow you to manouver your car so you can overtake n that, or, just use a motorbike.

I would love to be chasing some guy who tried to mug me over car roofs and through the traffic, would be soooooo fun.

Remember in the first GTAs.. You could slide across the bonnets of cars then.. That was awesome..

Yeah was so good, I hope they bring that back, this is random, but I hope they put more styles of car jackings in, like in SA al cj did was punch them then throw them out, there was 2 others but they were all fairly similar, I would like to see a goodfellas style pistol whip, or maybe hold them by the throat and throw them out, it all counts as good gameplay

no,I hope the traffic isnt as real as NY cause it would just annoy me.At the start it would be good but then it would just piss me off.Think of it,doing a mission with a time limit and you have to get to different locations within a certain amount of time with the streets packed.

If it was packed but you could maneover through it I wouldnt care,but I say the motorbike will have to be used alot..

chapman_bobby

I agree traffic can make certain missions difficult, if not impossible. But also we know timing is more important in this game than ever. Perhaps it is best to wait to do certain missions until it's dark and the roads clear a bit. Other missions might make good use of traffic. Imagine a guy hoping in his car and driving off only to hit traffic, then the chase goes to a foot race in and out of buildings and shops, maybe even onto roofs.

-Bobby

Algonquin Bridge

I wouldn't mind there being gridlock for a game hour at about 9am (morning rush hour) and 5pm (Homeward Rush Hour). People shouting abuse at each other, perhaps getting out of their vehicles and brawling in-between cars before being broken up by a cop.

I agree that bumper-to-bumper would hinder your mission progress, but in IV (I can't remember fully) don't you do the mission when you want via the cellphone (e.g call the dude who wants the mission) in which case you wait until nighttime.

Of course, the gridlock could allow an "Italian Job" Armoured Car Robbery. It'd be a fun mission.

But yes, a short period of Bumper-to-bumper would make me happy. But perhaps not the rest of the world.

the traffic would surely cause probleme with the cop chases and those mission that are time based.

motorbikes ftw!!

what would be cool is to see jonh mclaine(bruce willis) crashing thru traffic chasing some guy who tried to kill him and then drive the car thru a helicopter.

As much as I play the old GTAs, mostly SA, I still hit a large amount of walls, lamp posts and other vehicles. I recall long ago, there was a rant or two about peds jumping into traffic and ticking folks off... Fact is, they jump randomly to left or right of you, but it can certainly be an issue. Gridlock should be a part, but small affair in the game.

Algonquin should still have lots of traffic even at night in midtown. Maybe around 7:00 there will be traffic on the highways in Dukes because people are trying to get into the city

I know too much traffic wouldn't be fun but maybe at certain hours like (9:00 A.M, 5:00 P.M., and 7:00 P.M.)

There would really be only traffic on the highways and in Algonquin. Plus there should be accidents on highways that cause traffic for maybe 1 game hour (1 minute)

Algonquin should still have lots of traffic even at night in midtown. Maybe around 7:00 there will be traffic on the highways in Dukes because people are trying to get into the city

I know too much traffic wouldn't be fun but maybe at certain hours like (9:00 A.M, 5:00 P.M., and 7:00 P.M.)

There would really be only traffic on the highways and in Algonquin. Plus there should be accidents on highways that cause traffic for maybe 1 game hour (1 minute)

No,I hope at night hardly any cars around but gangs and wierd people and a ery feeling to the city at night.

Im thinking as well that the days are going to last a number of hours and not just a couple of minutes

No,I hope at night hardly any cars around but gangs and wierd people and a ery feeling to the city at night.

Im thinking as well that the days are going to last a number of hours and not just a couple of minutes

What about the police and the occasional couple of people getting home from work due to a late shift.

Sure, I want to see alot less cars at night, but hopefully some and of course in the correct areas, for instance:

The traffic at Star Junction should always be the same, busy.

But, the traffic by an abandoned warehouse by the ocean the streets should be completely dead at night but busy in the morning.

Some of you NYers, can we expect some highway speeddemon activity? I've never been, so was wondering still.

I think first observations in game will be seeing how the 'antfarm' works while just standing idle and letting things progress at their typical pace. See how cops act. If you recall they only talked when bumped into and after a wanted level, then the comedy really started.

Outside of the traffic discussion, one of my favorite peds was the airport pilot offering a swinging time with his wife!

I'd like to see some realistic cars appearing at certain times of the day, for example early morning 7-8:00am you see newspaper trucks driving round, perhaps stopping and dropping the odd newspaper bundle at the local shops.

But if they do this traffic, imagine getting radio reports over the car/bike radio, For example gridlock in Star junction (Times square), and if you went to Star Junction, you'd see the gridlock.

God imagine what your fare would be if you took a taxi through liberty city at 8:00am nervous.gif

Actually a worthy idea to pass along to Rockstar since Radio plays a strong part in the ever enhanced GTA format. As we plot out by street address, getting an idea on route planning via congestion... Just enough realism to REALLY make you cry.

I still laugh at the criminal mind wanting to fill up their stolen ride with gas.... WHY??

>> Sounds like the reply is sarcastic, not really intended, the last statement refers to an earlier posting

Some of you NYers, can we expect some highway speeddemon activity? I've never been, so was wondering still.

I think first observations in game will be seeing how the 'antfarm' works while just standing idle and letting things progress at their typical pace. See how cops act. If you recall they only talked when bumped into and after a wanted level, then the comedy really started.

Outside of the traffic discussion, one of my favorite peds was the airport pilot offering a swinging time with his wife!

From what I know. The 9A(Henry Hudson Pkwy) has some nasty traffic hick-ups with the traffic lights, it's not rare for some jackass to cross the red light and almost cause a traffic accidant... Hell, it happens quite alot.

I hope the highways aren't like San Andreas

where people are switching lanes and speeding 100MPH....

I hope the highways are normal and people signal. Plus i hope there are a lot of Exits like True Crime unlike San Andreas where there were like 3 - 5 exits

Yeah because in SA cars randomly change lanes while ur speeding past and they

1. change lanes in front of you

2. Clip you and they do a P.I.T move on you

3. ur able to go fast enough to avoid it

Traffic in GTA 4 i hope won't be packed and having rush hours

R* did say that traffic and peds will fluxuate over what time of the day it was. Morning you see men in dress getting ready for the daily grind. Nightime less traffic and well.. you know.

Well, I was also here for the grand unveiling of SanAn, I also saw the speed and heat effects new for the first time and there was certainly reservation as we were hoping for razor sharp graphics then too, but it actually became a lot of fun and I have no issues with the high speed traffic beserking between lanes and colliding into each other, You wouldn't have the massive car pileups and explosions without that!!