4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
DemonKing

victoria crosses stolen!

DemonKing

well heres some shocking news for the country i live in http://www.stuff.co.nz/4306566a10.html

my question is who the hell who buy them. u could never show anyone them. its outrageous and who ever did has a obvious disrespect to the people who fought for our freedom.

Girish

That's pretty sad considering those crosses might be of sentimental value to the citizens of New Zealand.

I hope the thieves are caught and the crosses recovered without any damage.

DemonKing

its unlikely the police think they may have already made it out of the country.

bigmitchbaker

i live in nz too i saw this on the news and was like wtf

GingerSkullpion

who would stoop so low to steal something that means alot to the people who earned them. angry.gif

DemonKing

who knows? the police said it was heavily planned and the thiefs timed it to a secruity guard wasn't in the area of the break in. which also suggests the police think that it may of been someone on the inside

Iminicus

You need to pay more attention to the news. The Police have new clues that they believe will assure the museum that they haven't been sold or left the country. They have also evidence that says they were not stolen to be sold on the black market, so it looks like a stolen for order.

Of course, most of that was taken from this morning's Herald and anything can change during a day.

unopieceo

Wow, thats pretty damn low. The people wow risked their lives (and often died) to be awarded these donate the medals they earned to the museum only to have them stolen by some c*nt who will probably sell them for a few grand each. icon13.gif Hope they get them, but they probably wont.

*Word*

It's sad that people would do such a thing. It shows a complete lack of respect to the people who fought/died to protect their country. And this is how they are repaid.

Stefan.

I bet you they're immigrants.

That would suck. Someone as low as that obviously not only has no respect for the men who earned them, but also for the country. The men who earned them fought for New Zealand, and it's sad to know that a New Zealander would steal them.

It would suck if they stole them for drug money. That would be just low. I hope that if, and when, they do catch them, they give them the full possible punishment for their cruel actions, unlike here in Australia.

DemonKing

@Iminicus i was watching tv3 news the police said it was most likely there are out of the country. with the heavy planning involved in this im guessing the thieves probably booked a plane for that night to some country and blasted up to airport and out before the news even hit. bloody asses icon13.gif

bigmitchbaker
@Iminicus i was watching tv3 news the police said it was most likely there are out of the country. with the heavy planning involved in this im guessing the thieves probably booked a plane for that night to some country and blasted up to airport and out before the news even hit. bloody asses icon13.gif

tv3 news is better then one news tv3 got that hot nightline chick ow lol lol.gif

DemonKing

haha sounds like ur talking like on the daily show were john stewart said watch fox news they have milf's

bigmitchbaker

mate you cant say shes not a hottie sly.gif

guilty.by.association

The old nightline chick was better

Carly Flynne or however its spelt lol

On Topic i found it stupid they should of skipped straight to the security footage of the time around when they were stolen. Theyre going on about "we think security tapes are the best bet in finding them" and all that.. hurry up and watch them! it cant take over a week to watch one days tape... Seriously theyre dragging it out. if they mean that much to the museum then the crosses should of had tracking devices put on them or something i mean.. It would solve all the problems in finding them.

But it was pointless stealing them, they aren't going to get any benefits from them. they cant exactly sell them and get money. What a waste of effort. They cant sell them, or go very far in selling because everyone knows about it and it'd be very risky selling them in a black market or whatever.

I think it was an inside job. It would be alot easier to be un-noticed if you work there. But then again in the news it said they tried to break in.. so i dont know really.

Robbing a bank, okay whatever, robbing something like that, medals of people who risked their lives for our freedom, thats just sad man... Id be feeling pretty guilty

Edited by guilty.by.association

bigmitchbaker

The old nightline chick was better

Carly Flynne or however its spelt lol

both good but nothing on john campel lmfao jk biggrin.gif

tommy vs. claude

if they mean that much to the museum then the crosses should of had tracking devices put on them or something i mean.. It would solve all the problems in finding them.

Wouldn't the criminals just take the tracking devices off?

But it was pointless stealing them, they aren't going to get any benefits from them. they cant exactly sell them and get money. What a waste of effort. They cant sell them, or go very far in selling because everyone knows about it and it'd be very risky selling them in a black market or whatever.

They could break them apart and sell them. And how do you know it would be risky, and I'm sure some kind of mafia wouldn't care.

\

Robbing a bank, okay whatever, robbing something like that, medals of people who risked their lives for our freedom, thats just sad man... Id be feeling pretty guilty

I'm sure the criminals don't really care.

Edited by tommy vs. claude

DemonKing

wtf would the mafia want with victoria crosses. most likely some guy who collects antiques illegally would buy them

tommy vs. claude
wtf would the mafia want with victoria crosses. most likely some guy who collects antiques illegally would buy them

And who's to say the mafia won't sell them to somebody illegally, or maybe the mob boss likes them. Who knows...