Possible explanation for the CANE...

brasas

Maybe someone just thought it would be funny to be able to beat up people using an old man's cane...?? Not everything HAS to have a deeper conspiratory explanation.

Glad we got that figured out.

Your welcome. colgate.gif

@ Aviator79: it's not a conspiracy theory at all...

You probably had no clue who the Crips and Bloods were before you read the article, did you ?

Or that the hoods/gangs featured on GTA SA were all based on REAL-LIFE California street gangs ?

And YES, it might have been "funny" to use a cane to beat someone up (if that's your sense of humor), just the same as a pool stick, golf club, shovel or baseball bat, police baton or whatever - the main difference is simply that the CANE (walking stick) is a very rare item.

....just the same as a pool stick, golf club, shovel or baseball bat, police baton or whatever - the main difference is simply that the CANE (walking stick) is a very rare item.

I didn't think the cane was a very rare item.....I thought there was something like 19 cane sticks in the game. I don't consider that a rare item. If it was just for the humurous side...why so many....and why in the gift slot.

I think there was meant to be another purpose for the cane...but it may have been change in the last moment of development. I guess we will never know.

it's not a conspiracy theory at all...

You probably had no clue who the Crips and Bloods were before you read the article, did you ?

Or that the hoods/gangs featured on GTA SA were all based on REAL-LIFE California street gangs ?

And YES, it might have been "funny" to use a cane to beat someone up (if that's your sense of humor), just the same as a pool stick, golf club, shovel or baseball bat, police baton or whatever - the main difference is simply that the CANE (walking stick) is a very rare item

I do know about the Bloods and the Crips, and have known for a long time. I would appreciate that you didn't jump to conclusions about my intelligence and general knowledge based solely on a comment that I don't agree on your suggestion. It's quite juvenile and very unprofessional.

Previously people have made the connection that in Vice City a girl dropped a cup of coffee in a guy's lap and: OMG that's where the term Hot Coffee comes from!

- or that Glory Hole could be an anagram for Holy Grale (which actually should be holy grail if correct) and thus bring a religious mystique to the whole game.

- or the hospital in Los Santos is called All Saints, which of course must be because an Australian TV series by the same name is about life at a Hospital

- and I dare put here the theory of: Some newspaper 40 years ago mentioned in an article some people being attacked by young criminals with canes, as if they were crippled (=Crips), and that must be the obvious reason why there are canes in SA!

A lot of things in GTA takes reference to things in real life and is often a spoof thereof, but sometimes people are grasping for straws! I think it's much more possible that someone on the production team thought it would be funny to put a cane in along with the other melee weapons. You often get beat up by a pool stick, golf club, shovel or baseball bat or police baton, that's what the humorous part of the cane is for: it's unusual. Nothing more. Might have had a secondary use that was deleted before release, as pointed out by jolly_jay.

peoples! peoples! listen, i am one of the programmers at R* north

the reason we put it in was because we also put in the the wheel chair from manhunt* (if you look at the wheel chairs front right wheel you can see 12:30 writter on the news paper, that is the time of the beginning of the game). we were also going to put in a crutch but decided not to. :rampage::sui:

the reason we put it in was because we also put in the the wheel chair from manhunt* (if you look at the wheel chairs front right wheel you can see 12:30 writter on the news paper, that is the time of the beginning of the game). we were also going to put in a crutch but decided not to.

the reason we put it in was because we also put in the the wheel chair from manhunt* (if you look at the wheel chairs front right wheel you can see 12:30 writter on the news paper, that is the time of the beginning of the game). we were also going to put in a crutch but decided not to.

LOL. lol.gif

Idiot. Complete idiot.

@Aviator: He seems to do that a lot.

On topic wise, that probably has nothing to do with the cane in SA. As mentioned previously, it was most likely put in to make it look humorous and funny.

On another post I mentioned that I thought the cane works well with the Pimp outfit..kinda completes the look.

So you are a programmer at R* and you don't know how to use BB codes. whatsthat.gif

So you are a programmer at R* and you don't know how to use BB codes. whatsthat.gif

hahaha......thats funny man a R* designer who doesn't know how bb codes work.....may be he's a security or somthing,no offense.....

hahaha......thats funny man a R* designer who doesn't know how bb codes work.....may be he's a security or somthing,no offense.....

More likely a cleaner.

More likely a cleaner.

How the hell can he afford an internet connection?

More likely a cleaner.

its a joke......calm down

More likely a cleaner.

Uses his parents PC.

My post was meant to be a joke too. lol.gif

Anyways, on-topic, I always though the cane looked better with the green suit and the green hat. (This is in reference to bagga rabbit's choice of outfit).

sanandreas luva101

hey did you guys notice that at the end of the wikipedia page they have some gang members and two of them are CJ Mac (like CJ of cors) and big syke (like BIG SMOKE) mayby R* did base the GSF on CRIPS

hey did you guys notice that at the end of the wikipedia page they have some gang members and two of them are CJ Mac (like CJ of cors) and big syke (like BIG SMOKE) mayby R* did base the GSF on CRIPS

What has this got to do with this topic? dontgetit.gif

What has this got to do with this topic? dontgetit.gif

jbmeiras' orig. post..history of the CRIPS.

Idiot. Complete idiot.

@Aviator: He seems to do that a lot.

On topic wise, that probably has nothing to do with the cane in SA. As mentioned previously, it was most likely put in to make it look humorous and funny.

Just WHO were you calling an idiot on my thread and HOW LONG should we make the suspension for ??

Be warned. sneaky2.gif

HOW LONG should we make the suspension for ??

lol.gif Haha you cant suspend someone on your thread unless its a hot topic so why dont you just wait until 30 more posts have been made until you start to try and be cool by handing out suspensions. sarcasm.gif