A Map coming soon?

Carbine23

Well i've seen lots of topics about a possible February release date, and it sort of makes sense since most games come out 2 - 4 months after the 3rd trailer. I was wondering that maybe they will release a portion of the map (probably Broker first) very very soon.

If the game was released in February than a portion of the map would definitley be released THIS Month.......but i also have a feeling rockstar WON'T give us a portion of the map, so they can surprise us which i hope they DON'T do so i can compare the map to real life new york but then again, it would be better to be surprised

It would be funny that on Friday (the day after the trailer), rockstar would give us the 1st portion of the map. It's a guess but if that actually happened and there hasn't been a release date announced then we can definitley expect the game to come very soon

Edited by Carbine23

ya... so... who the hell cares? sarcasm.gif its just a stupid map... and i never heard any game releasing "maps"

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Nope, I wish to see nooooo map, I wanna experience it for myself.

So long as it forms a shape somewhat similar to NY, I'll be happy.

no he may be right. this is what they did for the run up to the release of GTA SA

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

The only reason i want a map is because i live near new york city and i want to compare the neighborhoods to real life....

but i know what you mean....Rockstar says that this game will be more incredible then they've told us, so it's true that they shouldn't ruin anything. Besides i rather have new screenshots of the city than a map of it

It's very unlikely. They are only going to be giving us 30% of info/etc. in total before they release the game.

It would ruin a lot of it imo.

Well i've seen lots of topics about a possible February release date, and it sort of makes sense since most games come out 2 - 4 months after the 3rd trailer. I was wondering that maybe they will release a portion of the map (probably Broker first) very very soon.

If the game was released in February than a portion of the map would definitley be released THIS Month.......but i also have a feeling rockstar WON'T give us a portion of the map, so they can surprise us which i hope they DON'T do....

It would be funny that on Friday (the day after the trailer), rockstar would give us the 1st portion of the map. It's a guess but if that actually happened and there hasn't been a release date announced then we can definitley expect the game to come very soon

Since that Feb tauting post got locked, I wouldn't put much faith in it. It wasn't Deepthroat after all. I still suspect March to April. We've waited this long, we can wait some more. BUT, on to the map

I think this also came up not too long ago but there was some thought that too early and there's just too much to get wrong in laying it out, and some have made a valient effort already, but I would hope that the map we ultimately use to place locations and objects for reference has some R approved status. I have no idea how that would or should work, but hopefully before the game's release, it was fun to see San Andeas develop that way but that map certainly had errors, make no mistake.

ya... so... who the hell cares? sarcasm.gif its just a stupid map... and i never heard any game releasing "maps"

well even though i saw SA's map before it got released and saw there was a mountain on it, didnt ruin the first time i explored it in game.

and as he said its only a stupid map anyway.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

And it ruined it.

No map. Let it be totally surprising.

It didn't exactly ruined it...I expected everything the way i thought it was when i saw the map but it ended up being completely different. Every GTA Game had that. In GTA3 I used to stare at Staunton Island while i was stuck on "piece of sh**" Portland. I used to look at the map and imagine what it was like. So when i got there it was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

And i know GTA4 will be the same way from studying the screenshots

Off-If the game was to be released in Feb we would see a release date this month possibly the trailer, if the trailer has no release date then I suspect a March or April release.

On- I would'nt want to see any of the map until its in my console. All I want to know is the release date which I'm guessing everyone does. If you were given the choice of a portion of the map or the release date which would it be?

I ruin already the surprise by checking this forum everyday, NO i don't want any map, or any spoil, or any gameplay video. Just 3 trailers, some screens and infos, that's ALL.

I would like an outline map. Kinda like Assassin's Creed, just so we could see the size of the map.

Possibly releasing it alongside outline maps of GTA III, VC and SA so we could see how GTA: IV will rank up against previous GTA games.

Edited by Symbiote666

well said

What ruined SA for me was not the map, but was instead the info that turned out to be either 1. Entirely false (ragdoll) 2. Implemented but not to full effect or expectations (gang warfare and home invasions) 3. Put in as an afterthought (empire building on the scale of VC). Releasing a map with every one of the main buildings named along with the main contacts would be map, but a map of perhaps the first few areas would only serve to savor the appetite until what I foresee as a February release date to reduce competition with Metal Gear Solid 4, which I believe will be released in March.

Stanley_Coleman

Please, no map release ! It was like christmas when I opened the box and saw it. Even better would be no map at all in the box, we would discover it step by step in the game.

bring on the map!! I'm a real dork with maps, and I find them really fun... i know that may sound weird. But anyways, as someone else said I would like to compare it to real life NYC as that is the city I am personally most familiar with.

In regards to the San Andreas maps I thought they were great except that they labeled out where every single character lived and who they were, that kinda spoiled it a bit. But I mean in real life if Niko is coming to New York from the Warsaw Pact or where ever; he could get his hands on a map of New York before he got there... it's not like you're not allowed to see a map of a place before going there.

Plus it's info to kill the time until the release and it isn't the kind of info that would truly spoil the story. I feel like tons of screen shots will ruin the game for me far more than a map would.

bring on the map!! I'm a real dork with maps, and I find them really fun... i know that may sound weird. But anyways, as someone else said I would like to compare it to real life NYC as that is the city I am personally most familiar with.

In regards to the San Andreas maps I thought they were great except that they labeled out where every single character lived and who they were, that kinda spoiled it a bit. But I mean in real life if Niko is coming to New York from the Warsaw Pact or where ever; he could get his hands on a map of New York before he got there... it's not like you're not allowed to see a map of a place before going there.

Plus it's info to kill the time until the release and it isn't the kind of info that would truly spoil the story. I feel like tons of screen shots will ruin the game for me far more than a map would.

I said that about the Liberty City map. I would want to compare neighborhoods and i want to see what the parkways/expressways look like and the subway lines.....

Map, no map .. i could care less either way .. if we get the map, great more excitement for the build-up to the game .. if not then itll just be that much better when we play it ..

As soon as I get GTA IV, im pressing pause and taking a pic of the map.

As soon as I get GTA IV, im pressing pause and taking a pic of the map.

haha... you know in every game since atleast gta3 they've put a map poster in with it, might not be super necessary to take it's picture...lol.

I said that about the Liberty City map. I would want to compare neighborhoods and i want to see what the parkways/expressways look like and the subway lines.....

yeah i'm really really curious about that as well. I mean we know a good deal about broker and down-midtown algonquin... but next to nothing about uptown algonquin, dukes, bohan, or alderney. We can take guesses that uptown algonquin and bohan will be like harlem and the bronx or that dukes will be extremely diverse (i believe i heard that queens is the most diverse county in the united states), and alderney provides the most difficult to speculate on because they said it would only be a small part of jersey and that could mean newark, it could mean a soprano's type place, etc. I'd like a little info to wet my palette for the game but not spoil the story. Ofcourse i guess either way we will know by march or april... not to long now.

I'd like a very rough island outline map. Maybe bridges and borough borders marked, but that's it. I don't want a detailed road map released before the game is out.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

If there's a map, I'll just ignore it.

A map is only useful if you examine it.

BRUTUS WUZ HERE. LOLZ.

(Heroic reference. Not related to GTAF member by same name, g'dammit.)

And it ruined it.

No map. Let it be totally surprising.

So you guys are first to smack tons of maps all over the place tounge2.gif

I have the GTA IV map!

user posted image

hmm... i don't think so, probably more like this

user posted image

But take away Staten Island (the purple part) and replace it with the part of jersey that is directly west of manhattan (dark blue)

I have the GTA IV map!

user posted image

hmm... i don't think so, probably more like this

user posted image

But take away Staten Island (the purple part) and replace it with the part of jersey that is directly west of manhattan (dark blue)

I don't think they'll actually copy it...

They've shown some creative uses in map design. The melting half of Nevada together with California was pretty damn good.