How to get the heli in Breaking the bank

Bad~Boy#17

How do you get the police maverick from Breaking the Bank at Caligula's

I've tried a million times and I can't get it sad.gif

I've also searched on youtube for tutorials and found none.

So how ?

The one you're supposed to parachute to? Never been able to get enough height in the mission to make it to the heli. I suppose if you're just interested in "collecting" the 'copter you could spawn a jetpack and steal the thing.

I'm not a cheater.

Besides, I hate that "one or more cheats have been activated" bullsh*t sign. die.gif

And yes, the one you can parachute on

I was wondering the same thing.

I’ve tried jumping several times, and always missed.

So, one time I went to the abandoned airfield and got the jetpack and flew back to that rooftop where the Police Maverick was (while the mission was still ongoing), and low and behold, it was still there along with those two police officers that were crouched next to it; it looked as though they were still waiting for C.J., as if he was still on top of the Caligula’s Rooftop.

I landed, shot both of the cops, and got in the Maverick and flew away.

The Night Fox

I could never get there with the parachute, I don't know how R* expected us to be able to reach it?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I could never get there with the parachute, I don't know how R* expected us to be able to reach it?

Perhaps, they didn't. You can call it Rockstar's way of teasing the gamers. angry.gif

Don't deploy the parachute right away, just lean forward and glide across.

The freefalling is rigged in this mission, CJ practically flies across and only needs the parachute to stop him overshooting the roof notify.gif

• Like 1

I get to the heli okay...but I pull the rip cord as soon as I jump of the building and then immediately press down to glide.. It takes awhile to get there ...but i ussually land on the very corner of the building. But....I haven't always made it to the helipad. The first time i did the mission i jumped off the building without my parachute...damn....and the second time i did it, I jumped...made it to the very closest corner of the helipad...but then stepped over the edge and fell off.

I guess you could also push forward just after jumping and then pull the rip cord. Never tried this.

btw...you don't need to make it to the chopper. You can just hijack a car on street level and drive to the airfield. If i remember correct you only have 2-3 stars.

It may also be something to do with your options/config/setup I have heard alot of people having trouble in stowaway also....and this may be a similiar issue. I haven't had these sort of problems.

Did you also have trouble with stowaway?

Don't deploy the parachute right away, just lean forward and glide across.

The freefalling is rigged in this mission, CJ practically flies across and only needs the parachute to stop him overshooting the roof notify.gif

That's an interesting technique. I've had some success but hadn't tried gliding as far as you suggest. My technique was to run off the roof and get a short freefall glide before pulling the ripcord. Jumping up at the edge of the roof seems to cause more problems that is solves because CJ goes into a flailing animation for few frames. So I knew that the freefall glide was key to getting to the other roof, but hadn't consider any scripting.

I can back up Phreak on this one. Back when I played the xbox version I would deploy the chute as normal and never get anywhere close to the roof. Finally, after getting fed up, I said "The hell with it; I won't open the chute at all." And suddenly I'm gliding right over to the other roof and very nearly went right past it because I was so surprised. Never been exactly sure how that happens internally, but that's the way to get to the other roof.

I know I don't need to get the heli to complete the mission and Zoom's method is ineresting tounge.gif but can someone post a movie of actually making to the heli.

And don't post the method where you simply go to Werdant Meadows and get the jetpack to get it biggrin.gif

• 12 years later...

I had this issue for a long, long, long time. But i figured it out.

I played on my PC, so I'm not sure if playstation or other platforms are able to do this. 

So, you get the parachute, you step back to make a run-up. Instead of holding the spacebar once to run, press the spacebar too many times and quickly; jump and press the button to open the parachute as soon as possible and press the w (down) button to lean towards the building. 

Pressing the spacebar repeatedly will increase the sprint speed.

• KEKW 2

Thank you for the tip, but please don't bring topics back from the dead. I know there's not much to talk about for such an old game but there's no need to go dredging up things from over 13 years ago.