[WIP] San Andreas Portable Edition

ultimate-tester

ultimate-tester

I'm busy making SA portable. But it will work excactly the same as installed on the PC.

you surely have to copy the gtasanandreas folder in my documents to the documents on that PC.

It's a clean SA and i'm busy making it as little as possible.

STATUS MOD:

REGISTRY: 0%

SAVEGAME: 100% (you have to copy the gtasan andreas folder to the documents of the pc.

SPACE OF FILES: 66.6%

-gta3.img (was thinking of the low poly vehicles mod...) 0%

-cutscene.img (are there mods of the cutscene.img so it decreases in size?) 0%

-movies :(just black screens) : 100%

-loading+intro screens: 100%

-particles (just some low effects) : 100%

-languages (I think I'll replace the other languages with empty .gxt files): 100%

-I replace the readme's with empty .txt files: 100%

-Decrease the size of the .dll files: 100%

-Audio (I don't know.does anybody know something?): 0%

-Script : (empty script with n00b mod or something so you can spawn cars easily) : 100%

CURRENTLY SIZE STATUS: 3.9 gb

If anyone has something that might help... POST IT!

Please show me if you're waiting for this 'cause I can use it for school and other places where I have nothing to do.

I am working on this for a quiet while so that's the reason i'm already done with some things.

(It does fit on dvd now so maybe if I find the right things and put it on DVD it also might work without installing...)

Ultimate-Tester

Edited by ultimate-tester

• 2 months later...

Excellent project, I know many times when I was at school I wished I couldve been playing GTA:SA tounge.gif, but how do you plan to do portable registry values?

EDIT: Detour registry functions and return your own stuff? I might make a tool that allows this.

Edited by Sacky

forgot to tell. GTA SA also works without any registry installed.provided if your using HOODLUM nocd exe to be able to save your games.

forgot to tell. GTA SA also works without any registry installed.provided if your using HOODLUM nocd exe to be able to save your games.

Indeed. The problem is that it will create a new folder in the user files of every pc it is inserted in. So in order to continue your saved game, you'll need to have an USB stick with these files as well, so you can copy them to the 'My Documents' folder.

And if you're going to need an USB stick to be able to play, you might as well use a 4GB one, put the entire game on it and modify the .exe so that it stores settings files and savegames in the game folder itself.