Banning video games...

boogernut

I am just a little confused here..... i have heard people say that once a video game gets an AO rating, besides being banned by countries, the consoles themselves would not have the game on it...

I don't understand this? Wouldn't the game still be made for the console just with an AO rating???? And would no stores sell it???

And/or when a game has an AO rating is it not able to be on a console for some reason??? Is it like someone said where people get to decide whether it has the right to go on a console (such as PS2 or PS3 or Xbox or Wii or etc....)?? And if they decide not to give them the rights it can't be released for a console(s)??

I just don't completely understand...

It's most commonly related to the NC-17 rating movies can get. Some theaters refuse to carry it because they don't want their reputation tarnished.

pAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gif

Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all have clauses in their developer contracts stating that they don't allow AO or unrated games. If a developer makes a game which ends up rated AO, they have broken their contractual obligation, and their license to publish that title on the console is void until they get a lower rating.

• 6 years later...
LightningLord

How did illspirit join GTA Forums before the internet existed?

• Like 2

IcOqQpq.gif

LightningLord

Seriously you bump a 6 year old thread for this?

I'm curious.

IcOqQpq.gif

Don't bump old topics.

Ld8Bhg8.gif