Vice City

xNamexTakenx

I always wondered what Vice City meant. Like, why would they call it Vice City? But, now I know that vice means evil/bad qualities. So, it's kinda like saying evil city, or something. It's true, and we all know it. All of the cities in the GTA canon are all crime-ridden cities. Because, all the trouble you (The protagonist of the game) are causing the most mayhem, killing loads of people. And, it's not just the player who is a criminal. Other characters from the storylines are also criminals. And even people/peds on the street are bad! They commit crimes, such as theft, carjacking, killing, assault and so on.

At first, I wasn't too sure about Liberty City, either. I'm like, why would they name it Liberty City, if it's such a crime-ridden city. I guess it's because everybody's free to do what they want, eh? They're free to kill people, or commit any other crime. And, most of the time, they get away with it!

I'm not too sure what San Andreas means, though. Probably Saint Andreas? Los Santos is the Saints and Las Venturas is the Fortunes. I'm not too sure about San Fierro, but that probably means Saint Fierro.

CthulhuFhtagn

Huh, Police Cars have "The City of Vice" on them

About LC - I remember a quote from "Interesting Times", Terry Pratchett.

"Yes, free to get mugged, robbed, killed!"

SA - San Andreas is a California City, about the meaning i dunno.

This tread is worthless

It's big, it's yellow, can't you f*cking see it?

user posted image

*I am happy with Vegas being banned, and I fully support the staff's decision to keep him banned.*!!!

Like, why would they call it Vice City?

Miami Vice and your explanation are probably the reasons.

CthulhuFhtagn
Like, why would they call it Vice City?

Miami Vice and your explanation are probably the reasons.

Yeah.

All right, you all proved your points. So that is why they called it Vice City in the first place, in the first game.

This tread is worthless

user posted image

*I am happy with Vegas being banned, and I fully support the staff's decision to keep him banned.*!!!

2 reasons, probably. They wanted to have a "Miami vice" feel to it.. Which they did. Also its a city of vice.. sex, drugs and rock and roll!

user posted image

CthulhuFhtagn
2 reasons, probably. They wanted to have a "Miami vice" feel to it.. Which they did. Also its a city of vice.. sex, drugs and rock and roll!

Sex - yes.

Drugs - yes.

Rock and roll - Meh. Just rock is better.

This tread is worthless

user posted image

Sex - yes.

Drugs - yes.

Hmmm... I say flash fm, and The wave 103 is better!

user posted image

CthulhuFhtagn

Sex - yes.

Drugs - yes.

I say Flash FM, Wildstyle, and Wave103. Well, also the parts of V-Rock that have Lazlow, but only those.

This tread is worthless

user posted image

Really? I don't think San Andreas is a California City. It's actually it's own state, in the GTA universe. San Andreas has 3 main cities (LS, SF, LV) and other, little towns scattered around Bone County, Red County and Flint County. If you noticed, it's way bigger than VC and LC, which are just cities.

@Chickstick: Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sex - yes.

Drugs - yes.

I say Flash FM, Wildstyle, and Wave103. Well, also the parts of V-Rock that have Lazlow, but only those.

Lets not forget VCPR

user posted image

CthulhuFhtagn

Really? I don't think San Andreas is a California City. It's actually it's own state, in the GTA universe. San Andreas has 3 main cities (LS, SF, LV) and other, little towns scattered around Bone County, Red County and Flint County. If you noticed, it's way bigger than VC and LC, which are just cities.

@Chickstick: Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

San Andreas is a city in REAL California.

As far as I understand it, GTA USA consists of 49 states, Nevada and California being San Andreas, and New York being Liberty City State.

This tread is worthless

user posted image

What? No. San Andreas is a state based on California. It has 3 cities: Los Santos, which is based on Los Angeles; San Fierro, which is based on San Francisco; and Las Venturas, which is based on Las Vegas. Why would San Andreas be a city, with 3 other cities in it? That's not possible. If you noticed, San Andreas is too big to be just one city. It's an entire state, based on California and Nevada.

And what's that you're saying about New York being in the Liberty City state? Wrong! Liberty City is a city based on New York City. And Vice City is based on Miami.

Don't believe me? Too bad! Check it on this site: GTA Wikia Cities

CthulhuFhtagn

You idiot!!! angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

You are just misunderstanding me.

LC is based on NY.

Liberty City State is based on New York City.

Vice City is based on Miami.

It's located in Florida, however, Miami also exists in GTA III canon, as evidenced by a billboard and a quote.

San Andreas is based on Nevada and California, however, San Andreas is a city in California, so the name is taken from a real place.

This tread is worthless

user posted image

I always wondered what Vice City meant. Like, why would they call it Vice City? But, now I know that vice means evil/bad qualities.

Vice means evil or bad?

Some vices can be very pleasant biggrin.gif

Calling a habit or other action a vice is just a way to show your disapproval for it. It doesn't mean that it's inherently bad

Steve

Miami Vice takes place in Miami

in the first game, they wanted a Miami level. So they named it Vice City.

You idiot!!! angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

LC is based on NY.

It's located in Florida, however, Miami also exists in GTA III canon, as evidenced by a billboard and a quote.

San Andreas is based on Nevada and California, however, San Andreas is a city in California, so the name is taken from a real place.

actually san andreas is also the name of the fault line running through the pacific ocean.

so there are two possible places R* might have named it after.please do your research before attempting to make a point.

actually san andreas is also the name of the fault line running through the pacific ocean.

so there are two possible places R* might have named it after.please do your research before attempting to make a point.

He did do his research. Did you click on the link in his post? His point was a valid one, as was your own, demonking. It could be one or neither of them that Rockstar used as inspiration.

Its just a game-- had to name them something... relax.

My take--

Liberty City-- obviously based on NYC-- which has the Statue of liberty.... duh...

Vice City-- Miami Vice-- quite apparent.

San ANdreas-- clearly a reference to the San Andreas Fault in California-- it is hardly named after the very small town in California--

Keep the discussion civil or the thread will be locked...

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

You idiot!!! angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

LC is based on NY.

Don't call me an idiot. First off, you just said everything I just said. So, who's the idiot, now? Liberty City isn't a state. It's a city. And how could a state be based on a city? Like I said, Liberty City is based on New York City. So, I don't know what you're talking about, puta. Yes, Vice City is based on Miami. I'm surprised you got that, even though I'm the one who said it. And, obviously it's in GTA 3 canon. Which idiot didn't know that? *cough* *cough* There is a town in California called San Andreas. But, the GTA San Andreas is a totally different state, and has nothing to do with that town, cabron. BTW don't go all loco on me! mad.gif

Off-topic: Did you guys know that in the town San Andreas, in California, there's actually a guy named Carl Johnson? That's f*cking weird!

CthulhuFhtagn

I am not sure whether the State of Liberty City exists in the GTA III canon, although I think it does, however, it surely exists in GTA IV canon.

http://gta.ag.ru/cgi-bin/s/s.cgi?gta;/i/gta4/scr017.jpg

Look at the f*cking number plate.

This tread is worthless

user posted image

Well, if you actually f*cking played the games of the GTA 3 era, you'd know that Liberty City isn't a state! I don't think you have, since you don't even know that Liberty City is just a city. Get your facts straight before making false assumptions. Don't you know that the GTA 3 canon is different than the GTA IV canon? Well, now you know! angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

CthulhuFhtagn

Yes, but did anyone say we were talking about just the GTA III canon? No.

This tread is worthless

user posted image