Would You Like To See More Realism In GTA IV?

Ryan

Hello

I have been thinking about this for a while now. In GTA IV I would like to see more realsim. Rockstar made a big leap with this in San Andreas with things such as gang shootings and drive bys, and the cops chasing after somebody.

In GTA IV I want to see more of this kind of thing. Mabee something like their would be a car accident and the fire department would show up, and car broken down on the side of the road and town truck towing it away, constuction workers working on a house, the police pulling someone over and giving them a ticket, stuff like that.

I know that it would be hard to do with all the coding and crap like that, but I think If rockstar did have something like this is GTA IV it would be awsome.

So whats your opinion on this, and give some other ideas while your at it.

Gooners-jay-and-scott

I would like realism like that, but not over the top like you will get pulled over if you are driving to fast.

Things like seeing the police arrest other people would be interesting and would make GTA alot more realistic

YourNeighborhoodKiller

They can't go too far, it would piss people off, where they're going now is perfect.

New account: Gezim

Good news for you. Construction workers Digging up streets etc have been confirmed. Also peds are confirmed to work in working hours e.g 9 am- 5.00pm

One shot kills is something I would love to see. Guy gets a slug in the chest he's going down. Maybe it doesn't kill them right off but I don't want to see people getting a shotgun blast to the face and just standing back up. Hence, "boss battles" of sorts should be abandoned unless they are prepared to have it end in one shot. I also want bodies to stay where they are. No disappearing until the medics arrive. Meaning that Niko could, hypothetically, walk through a city of the dead. Wading through a sea of corpses.

Killing your conatcts would also be good. I mean, imagine that McReary is going to meet you at a diner. Instead of being his bitch you could just go there, throw in a grenade and watch as little pieces of him come flying out. Of course, this would not be beneficial and the player would be encouraged to consider the ramifications of their actions but I would like to have the option of cutting my strings early on.

I would hate to see things like being stopped for speeding and going through red lights but I would'nt mind being able to pick up guns and stuff without them floating in the air and you put you guns in your pockets and stuff. I always hated it when a rocket launcher would appear out of nowhere. etc

Edited by jordan2292

I would hate to see things like being stopped for speeding and going through red lights but I would'nt mind being able to pick up guns and stuff and having places to store them. etc

I would hate this too, but Maybe they good implement this without affecting gameplay. For example, say if you run a red light and are seen by the police, then perhaps half a star could flash continuously for about 7 seconds, but if your seen within that time by the police you will get one star. Which is easy to loose. The same goes with speeding, either this or you could pull over and get a warning or fine on the spot depending which "asshole" of a cop catches you lol.

I really like the idea of been stopped for various traffic offences. But I wouldn't enjoy it in my game I don't think, as we all probably break every rule in the book and it would get increasingly annoying.

I wonder if they could implement it into multiplayer in future versions. (If it isn't already), to make it more challenging.

I like your idea too, Darrel, with the flashing star. At least then we have a chance. icon14.gif

GTA 3 to SA were pretty shallow in terms of depth. You could swim, fly, run, drive, but it all had the same goal. To get from point A to point B. When they put in options which change the unfolding of the story or something like that, then it becomes interesting.

GTA is great for having alot of ambition and they also put alot of effort into the style image of the game. Some developers have style, some dont. That separates the great ones from the bad ones. Its all about design.

Realism is good as long as it isnt over the top and doesnt break the games "flow".