Cable Cars?

Horace

I'm sure we've all seen the new box art for GTA4. It features those elevated cable cars. Does New York actually have those?

I'm sure we've all seen the new box art for GTA4. It features those elevated cable cars. Does New York actually have those?

Yes, it does.

user posted image

It has been mentioned here numerous times actually. this one directly references the boxart and this one from earlier this year. It is called a tramway (I was calling it a Gondola!) and it first appeared in the teaser. The real one connects Manhattan and Roosevelt Island (more here.)

The interesting thing to me is that Niko appears to actually be on the cable car. I can see the hair and the jacket. Anybody else think about this?

It has been mentioned here numerous times actually. this one directly references the boxart and this one from earlier this year. It is called a tramway (I was calling it a Gondola!) and it first appeared in the teaser. The real one connects Manhattan and Roosevelt Island (more here.)

they look strikingly similar!

the real cable car:

user posted image

The one on the cover:

user posted image

Im bet their gonna have working ones.

Or else,

why show it on the cover? confused.gif

There were trams on SA, and their only purpose was to ram things, not for transport confused.gif

Im bet their gonna have working ones.

Or else,

why show it on the cover? confused.gif

There were trams on SA, and their only purpose was to ram things, not for transport confused.gif

No doubt you will be able to use them. Remember this time it's all about precision, and detail.

I would guess that having a tram in the trailer and on the box art is a good indication of trams being 'useable' in the game. With the introduction of many new systems of transport in GTA IV, I would be very suprised if the trams weren't introduced as well.

P.T