Differences between versions?

Rhoda

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but to no avail. I'm after buying San Andreas for the PC, I'm eager to try some mods and sample multiplayer before we all get engrossed in IV. However, I'm under the impression version 2 has been modified to null mods, and so it got me to thinking, is there any label or indication on the box that a certain copy is version 1 or version 2? Any help would be great, thanks. smile.gif

I think version 2 copies have Second Edition written on the box.

Besides, any copy of SA that you would buy now, will be v2 since v1 copies have been almost phased out except for second-hand copies.

Another feature of v2 is that the hot coffee content has been thrown out, although you can downgrade it to v1 and have hot coffee.

I have also heard that v2 games have clean cars, but I ain't sure about this either.

Edited by girishb

Well, I intend to get it second hand anyway, it'll be cheaper and I'm not at all bothered by the fact it's been used before. smile.gif

Well, I intend to get it second hand anyway, it'll be cheaper and I'm not at all bothered by the fact it's been used before. smile.gif

Then you should go for version 1 which as you know is moddable. Better than getting yourself into all the downgrading sh*t. I love v1. inlove.gif

I've just bought the PC version and i've checked all over the box but no mention of what version it is, i've not shagged denise yet either so don't know if hot coffee is still there.... i'll try now.

I've just bought the PC version and i've checked all over the box but no mention of what version it is, i've not shagged denise yet either so don't know if hot coffee is still there.... i'll try now.

Then I think you have v1. A v2 copy will have 'Second Edition' written at the bottom of the box like this:

user posted image

Then I think you have v1. A v2 copy will have 'Second Edition' written at the bottom of the box like this:

user posted image

f*ck, i just shagged denise but the camera just started shacking, looks like i've got v2. sad.gif

user posted image

f*ck, i just shagged denise but the camera just started shacking, looks like i've got v2. sad.gif

What were you expecting to see?

f*ck, i just shagged denise but the camera just started shacking, looks like i've got v2.

You can't have sex like controling cj in v1.

The big difference is just that you can enable hot coffee in v1 but you can't in v2

f*ck, i just shagged denise but the camera just started shacking, looks like i've got v2.

The big difference is just that you can enable hot coffee in v1 but you can't in v2

I think you can, if you downgrade the game and then run the hot coffee scripts.

No, you cannot. The sex animations are not included in the version 2 data files. With a downgraded exe, the version 1 scripts, and hot coffee enabled but everything else still version 2, all you can do is crash. tounge2.gif

No, you cannot. The sex animations are not included in the version 2 data files. With a downgraded exe, the version 1 scripts, and hot coffee enabled but everything else still version 2, all you can do is crash. tounge2.gif

That's bad news then for v2 users. I guess they'll have to settle for the colder coffee. tounge.gif

PLEASE HELP!! I am very confused regarding this issue...

I have a PC version that SHOULD be v. 2.00 ( that's what it says when the game is loading, start menu and such..)

BUT when I tried to uninstall the game on my Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs - I found the game is a version 1 ( on the Properties )

I mean W.T.F. ?!? Could I have been mislead at the store ?? ( I know..unlikely)

On the cover it doesn't say Second Edition anywhere, just Rockstar Games 2005-2007

BUT when I tried to uninstall the game on my Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs - I found the game is a version 1 ( on the Properties )

It must not be the game version. It might be something else. Could you post a screenshot though?

In any case, if you are having doubts, look into the readme file present in your GTA San Andreas folder. It'll tell you the correct version.

It must not be the game version. It might be something else. Could you post a screenshot though?

In any case, if you are having doubts, look into the readme file present in your GTA San Andreas folder. It'll tell you the correct version.

It was that Support Info programs have on the Add/Remove Programs Menu.

Just confirmed by the ReadMe .txt file like you suggested. Don't know if I should be happier or what, considering now I can use the Hot Coffee...

Where can I find help installing and using it ? (never modded a game before, sure as sh*t DO NOT WANT to ruin my original copy!)

Hiya

Interesting info, I always thought mine was version 2, as mods and save files would never work....

BUT... on reading the readme, it says Ver 1.0

Hmmmmm

Also there is nothing on the box to say Second Edition..

Julia

Where can I find help installing and using it ? (never modded a game before, sure as sh*t DO NOT WANT to ruin my original copy!)

It's not exactly modding. You just have to replace your script files. Now, talking about hot coffee isn't allowed anymore on this forum, so I can't link you to a download link.

But if you search within the forums itself, you'll find it. wink.gif

Hiya

Interesting info, I always thought mine was version 2, as mods and save files would never work....

BUT... on reading the readme, it says Ver 1.0

If it says v1 in the readme, it is v1. Maybe you didn't install the mods properly or downloaded the wrong saves.