no offense to Rockstar but the new cover sucks.

funkyfresh

I really was expecting something new from them, I mean common this is old stuff. they at least could have done a new type of cover, since its for the new generation of GTA, but no they didn't. so my guess their just f*cking with us, again. and the REAL new cover will be announced closer to games realise date.

user posted image

I agree that it would have been nice to have something new, but I don't think it sucks. I think it's quite nice actually. At the moment I'm finding it difficult to distinguish between this "era" and the previous era of GTA games, I was really expecting something different. They'd be as well calling it GTA 3.5 tounge.gif

Sent from my ayePhone

I really was expecting something new from them, I mean common this is old stuff. they at least could have done a new type of cover, since its for the new generation of GTA, but no they didn't. so my guess their just f*cking with us, again. and the REAL new cover will be announced closer to games realise date.

Nah, i think people are looking to far into this "things will be different thing"

I think the present box art is tried and tested, and is instantly recognizable as gta.

come on,we waited months for new stuff and all you can do is moan,dont like this ,dont like that,hate this,this is sh*t..

shut up compalinin this is the real box cover,this will be the cover you see when you go to buy gta4,it looks f*ckin gorgeous!!!

If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

They made a trailer for this box art. Believe me, it's official. Besides, those covers are iconic to the GTA series. Why take that away? The gameplay might be a totally new experience, but that doesn't mean the entire appearance of the series should change. In my opinion keeping the box art in the same fashion was a great idea. And if that doesn't satisfy you, it's just a box. Remember that. It's what's inside that matters.

Nah, i think people are looking to far into this "things will be different thing"

I think the present box art is tried and tested, and is instantly recognizable as gta.

^ simple as that. they could try my one allthough its not that different

im happy with the official artwork its not that im really interested in i mean the box is only going to be sitting on my shelf out of view so it wont really matter

user posted image

Edited by oysterbarron

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

I too was expecting something totally new since it's a new generation. As for this boxart, I think it's not that bad but Vice City's and San Andreas' were sexier and more appealing. This one is kind of dull and cold.

No, you suck and your topic fails. You have the cheek to join today and make a topic like this .

Exkabewbikadid

I totally disagree. Look how much better the artwork is than SA's:

user posted image

user posted image

Not only that, the collage-style is just too good to let it go.

oQywcQM.jpg

No, you suck and your topic fails. You have the cheek to join today and make a topic like this .

no I don't.

user posted image

Yea it is similar, but I don't think that is a problem at all. The style of all the GTA boxarts are part of the series and do a great job of representing the game.

If you actually look at the boxart though, the style is a little more modern looking and less cartoonish than the previous boxarts. Personally I like it and can't wait to see it sitting on TOP of all my other games wink.gif

I totally disagree. Look how much better the artwork is than SA's:

[iG]http://www.isarapix.com/pix22/1196357680.jpg[/img]

[iG]http://www.isarapix.com/pix50/1196357729.jpg[/img]

Not only that, the collage-style is just too good to let it go.

it now looks more like art, compared to SA cartoonish boxart

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

I too was expecting something totally new since it's a new generation. As for this boxart, I think it's not that bad but Vice City's and San Andreas' were sexier and more appealing. This one is kind of dull and cold.

Well, in fairness, VC was in the 80's its going to be brighter isnt it, plus this game is meant to be more coldhearted and ruthless, hence the more serious design, i want them to shake some of the comic features in order to bring in a more intense storyline.

what the hell does the brightness of the cover has to do with games storyline ?

You said that VC's cover was more sexy, i assume you meant the brighter colours and the images, the 80's had all of this, hence why naturally it would be more sexy and that.

You said that VC's cover was more sexy..

where ?

Ah sorry, my bad, I was quoting the other guy, just got lost for a bit there, but I am right

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

How could you hate it, it's gorgeous!

All the old GTA covers were drawings, cartoon-like pictures.

IV uses the artwork, not some cheesy ass pics like the past games.

Just look at the two pics above. SA's cover looks very childish compared to IV's artwork with all the great shading and detail. It put the other boxarts to shame.

It's a subtle change, but it is a change, a little sign of maturity.

Imo the boxart is fine, but actually i don't give a damn about the cover when i buy a game, especially if that game rocks like a GTA.

Do you prefere that sh*t ?

user posted image

If you ask me, the box art is only similar to the precedessor boxart, because it's vector art based.. Other than that, you can see this box is made up by real ARTworks, because it's more like a painting, than san andreas's too shiny characters and cartoonish setting...

IMO all the GTA covers 'sucked.' I never pay attention to them though.

A high poly count metropolis themed render with good ray tracing, and shaders would look cool for the cover. They probably pay more to have there cover drawn or painted. A drawn metropolis themed cover would be cool too, they obviously have talented hand drawing/illustrating people.

user posted image

I don't see really what is to dislike about it. It keeps the very well known style but also has a more grown up look to it.

You should like it, or be meh about it.

Totally agree with you. I expected '...things will be different', but we got the exact same crappy cover. They really should have done something new, especially since it is forerunner on the new console generation and all. I mean they did do that in GTA3, which didn't have the cell-picture things like on GTA2.

I really liked the old prototypes with one big nicely detailed picture, and the GTA4 slogan - hell, even a plain black cover with IV has more appeal, especially as it's more mysterious, and people who don't know the game will be very curious to know about this extremely plain cover. It will be like saying, we don't need to advertise the game as we know it is that good. biggrin.gif

6g8AhC3.jpg

You know what I would have liked? A remake of the GTA3 UK cover. With dirty, crime ridden slums rising to stunning skyscrapers. I love the UK GTA3 look and would enjoy a new version.

Men, a basic GTA IV logo with a black background is on the official website. Print it, put it on your gta box when it comes out, and stop crying.

Men, a basic GTA IV logo with a black background is on the official website. Print it, put it on your gta box when it comes out, and stop crying.

Exactly stop crying about it. I did change some of the background colours just to see what it was like. I changed the font to all white instead of a black IV logo looks basically the same.

Original

user posted image

user posted image

I personally love the boxart for GTA IV. IMO, it's the best one so far.

But either way, it's not that big of a deal. I mean after all, you not going to be playing the boxart, just the game that's inside it.

caprisig.jpg