Save files v1 aren't working

Naseem Srour

I have GTA San Andreas from a long time, I have v1. I wanted to join to The Chain Game, so I replaced v2 scripts with the original ones, but before replacing them,I did a backup. Now I replaced the original v1 scripts with the v2 scripts, and when I try to load the v1 savegames the game crashes. I tried to delete the [.set] file, but it didn't work. Then I tried windows 98 compatibility mode , that didn't work too. What should I do sad.gif ? Please help.

How many files did you backup ?

You need to backup main.scm and script.img file.

Also v1 script file is 6 kilobites larger

You should now have 2 sets of mission scripts: your original v1 scripts which you backed up somewhere and the v2 scripts which you downloaded. You will need to swap between them depending on what save you are playing. In order to play the Chain Game, install the v2 scripts. In order to play your old v1 saves, install the v1 scripts.

v1 main.scm is 3,008 kb (3,079,599 bytes) with a modified date of Thursday, ‎April ‎21, ‎2005

v1 script.img is 568 kb (581,632 bytes) with a modified date of Thursday, ‎April ‎21, ‎2005

v2 main.scm is 3,008 kb (3,079,744 bytes) with a modified date of Friday, ‎August ‎19, ‎2005

v2 script.img is 562 kb (575,488 bytes) with a modified date of Friday, ‎August ‎19, ‎2005

Did you try playing that save file with v2 script ?

I tried to play v1 save files with v2 scripts, it didn't work,the game crashes. Then I tried to play v2 save files with v2 scripts and it worked.

v1 main.scm is 3,008 kb (3,079,599 bytes) with a modified date of Thursday, ýApril ý21, ý2005

v1 script.img is 568 kb (581,632 bytes) with a modified date of Thursday, ýApril ý21, ý2005

v2 main.scm is 3,008 kb (3,079,744 bytes) with a modified date of Friday, ýAugust ý19, ý2005

v2 script.img is 562 kb (575,488 bytes) with a modified date of Friday, ýAugust ý19, ý2005

I have v2 main.scm is 3,008 kb (3,079,744 bytes) with a modified date of Friday, ýAugust ý19, ý2005

v2 script.img is 562 kb (575,488 bytes) with a modified date of Friday, ýAugust ý19, ý2005.

These are my original files.

girishb, thanks for the script switcher. But I think I have to Re-install the game.

Edited by Naseem Srour

girishb, thanks for the script switcher. But I think I have Re-install the game.

That is always an option. And the script switcher will save you the hassle of swapping the scripts manually. Say thanks to rubregg after he comes back from the hospital. smile.gif

I Re-installed the game and IT WORKED biggrin.gif .

Say thanks to rubregg after he comes back from the hospital.

Yeah I'll do that.