Colour In Trees

DinamoZagrebFan

DinamoZagrebFan

Hello All

Now please dont critisize me on this topic as im just throwing the idea out there. I got the idea of this topic when i read the other thread "Seasons". So i decided to go hunting for two pictures of the same place in GTA 4 that has a tree in the photo, i successfuly found one only after a few moments of searching. The photo below is found in the same place in trailer one when Niko drives over some sort of metal object on the ground. What I had noticed was that the colour of the leaves on the tree have changed from green to a brown colour, similar to what we would see in a transition from summer to fall in new york city.(Also in the photo of what I believe is a fall scene, i noticed debris on the ground. Possibly leaves, possibly garbage but all i know is that this debris does not appear in the photo of the green leaved tree)So what i believe is that there are two explanations for the colors,

#1 Simply a change in the amount of sunlight.

#2 A change in Seasons.

So, i couldnt decide between the two options so I decided to go you people, Please discuss the photo's!!!

Now I am aware of the other photo i displayed about larger jets in the game, i am not assosiating this photo with any other, im just trying to open a topic where we can discuss how amazing GTA IV will be!!! smile.gif

user posted image

i think its because of the light... both of the pictures appear in the same area, also same tree

Its definetly the same tree in both pictures. look at the poles in front of them.

In the first picture its electric pole, light pole, tree

In the secound pictures its its electric pole, light pole, tree

Edited by Hobo-Lord

the tree with the green leaves looks the same but alot bigger. also in the pic with the orange leaves, the street and sidewalk look really worn and messed up. maybe this is a sign that things change throughout the game along with the seasons, roads will get worn and repaved, trees will get bigger and leaves will change colors.

its probly just sumthin the developers changed cuz they didnt like the way the street looked or maybe they thought that the tree shud be bigger since if u crash into it with a car going 100mph a little tree like that wudnt be able to stop u.

they're both green. Look at the darker side of the tree, you'll see the edges are green. It's just because the sun is low in that scene, so the light makes the tree appear orange.

DinamoZagrebFan

Thats true I didnt notice how much the tree grew, wow! If trees grew and other things like that im sure the seasons will change aswell.

GTA3Freak-2001

I am sure its the time of day, first pic is shown right after sunset while the other is in broad daylight. It would be good to have different seasons but somehow I doubt we'll see it happening in GTAIV. Think about the resources needed, you'd need a different set of textures for various ingame assets.