GTA IV Gun Style

Gibmyster

How do you think the gun wars will be? I remember is san andreas, it was reslly crap, as the attackers just stood there with guns in there hands taking no cover, and not hitting anything. That is really crap. And how they died was so unrealistic, they just dropped forward and they're dead, VCS was an improvement on that though, as depending on where the bullet hit, sometimes made the person die another way (eg. Fall to their knees, then drop)

Also, i hated how the person's head got blown off, as that would never happen, maybe just a big hole in their head, but their head wouldn't completely come flying off. Talking about that, i would also like to see actual bullet holes in a person when they're shot, not just a spurt if blood and no bullet trace. And with the pistol and some rifles in SA, it took exactly 4 shots in anywhere on the body to kill them (excluding the head), so in IV, i wanna be actually able to aim at their heart, and one shot kill, or 2 shot kill if it's in the chest area. But in the leg area they shouldn't even die, as the legs don't contain any organs, just some arteries.

So what are your opinions on how you want the gun play to work?

Well, first of all the Euphoria will play a large, well the whole part in how people die. Shoot a person in the head, their head will snap back, with a bullet wound in their head, falling back most likely. As we've heard, shooting at a knee, will make the person fall to the floor.

The new cover system will most likely be used by the AI as well. The gun fights will definately be different, as improved from other GTA's. I think a more strategic approach will be used in IV, considering how you can actually kill people, such as shoot their knee, they can fall down the stairs(if their are at the top of the stairs). Maybe in some missions, isntead of killing, we have to capture, and shoot them in the foot or hand, and then catch them. I'm very confident with IV and the gun fights, but hey, we have to wait and see don't we.

Great, that sounds awesome. I'm just really sick of AI standing their and shooting taking NO cover, not hitting ANYTHING. Ever played the game "24"? That has a great cover system, if they took off that it'd be great.

Well to address the aiming style, it has been confirmed that it will be closer to Resident Evil 4 than anything else, with the "camera" moving over Niko's shoulder when the aiming button is used.

As for the deaths etc, Euphoria will be used so they will fall in different spots etc.

As for the one shot kill to the heart, that is just not the case.

Shooting someone in the heart will kill them in around 10 minutes without medical help. A one shot to the heart will not kill them, thats just plain dumb.

I'm assuming to kill them quickly to get out of the area quickly a head shot will be needed.

But shooting them 5 or more times will probably kill them fairly quick.

It would be interesting if they could include a system where objects could be picked up and used as a weapon...like a stick or box. I know it's not in the drawing board but that would have been interesting.

It would be interesting if they could include a system where objects could be picked up and used as a weapon...like a stick or box. I know it's not in the drawing board but that would have been interesting.

Yeah that would be awesome. I want Niko to be as brutal as can be. For example like being able to pick up glass bottles, bricks, metal pipes similar to what was done in the Warriors. I actually think this will be in the game.

As for the one shot kill to the heart, that is just not the case.

Shooting someone in the heart will kill them in around 10 minutes without medical help. A one shot to the heart will not kill them, thats just plain dumb.

Not Really

If a bullet were to pierce a decent sized hole in your heart, you're more liekly to die from that than if it were to hit you somewhere in head. You would instantly lose your ability to pump blood and therefore oxygen around the body, and would completely lose the ability to respire in your cells. Your brain would cease to function within a couple of minutes max, as you would have no oxygenated blood passing thorugh your brain.

I do A-level biology wink.gif

euphoria is the brains of the game, as it will involve controlling near enough all the actions of Niko and all ped AI. Since the person actually has a brain and nervous system, they can think for themselves and act realistic in what ever situation they are in.

So if it were a gang war the ped would know to duck behind things and know when to shoot back (i.e. when you stop to reload he would hear the gunshots stop).

For deaths, again no animations have been pre-done so it's all down to the euphoria, from the type of body part it penetrates, to the type of gun used, range of fire, speed of the bullet and any type of thing you can think of that will determine how much damge is done.

Just an example.

Soon we'll be able to kill living breathing persons, who've lived for 50 years or more, in the goddamn head and watch brains splatter! And with the flesh textures we can have a hearty meal afterwards. Gulp it down with some Sprunk!

Gotta be a limit to the realism, right? Don't expect life like texture ;_;

Isn't there a cover system in the game (ala Gears of War)? I'm sure enemies will take cover and blind fire just like you can.

A magazine did say the combat was similar to Gears Of War, and Gears Of War is a motherf*cking AWESOME game, if GTA IV turns anything like that, then no doubt we will have a 9.6 game!!!

grim reaper22

yeah,well i want the cover system to be like,when you kill them be able to view all the bull3t h()l3$ to look real,and be able to photopragh it,like you could shoot an image of pac-man into the body

another thing,the cops used to just anuj_cop.gif,you know?Well it should be improved to

I didn't read every post, so it's possible someone covered this. But I remember hearing that IV's aiming system might resemble that of Resident Evil. One in particular, but I forget the title. If so, that scares me. I don't know what it was, but I was horrible at that game. I'm sure opinions will vary. I just didn't like it, nor did I think it was a great aiming system. For my sake, and if they use that scheme, I surely hope they tweak it.

im still pissed tat they still put in the "auto lock" thing... i sooooooooo wished they put the saints rowish fps thing

Don't even mention Saints Row on this forum.

lol.. its a crappy game... but you HAVE to admit some elements from the game are in gta iv