GTA IV, Nikko's strength/skills

hhhercules

Read the Euphoria, king of the physics engines thread. about halfways through the 1st post. The Euphoria developers say that the game developers have options. they can use animations 4 certain things, like a tackle or punch. or they can assign strength, speed, reaction time attributabes, etc, to a character. and those attributes, plus physics and weight, angles would determine the outcome. It also says games will be somesher in between, not 100% simulation, n not 100% animation. itd be cool if Nikko was given strength, speed, reaction time, etc. they already said they perfected his weight and physics, which is why making him fatter/buffer would be a problem. but if they did give him attributes n used those to determine things like fights, etc. itd be cooler than just having animation battles. if fighting was animation based. itd be like indiana jones, then physics come into play when they fall. with simulation, based on ur guys speed, weight, and reaction time, everything would have more varying outcomes.

PS3 word limit

but ya, ud be able to hit some1 at any angle, with a knife or fist or chain or bat. but with pure animations, it usually puts ur fist or weapon to hit the same spot everytime. so the animation and outcome is the same, just different falls. with animation, if u ran n climbed a wall, itd be the same. if u mix it with simulation it'll vary more. but ya if they gave Nikko all those attributes n were more simulation based, depending on the speed u hit the wall, or if u stopped then jumped, itd be different. or if u jumped off a building and landed on a ladder of another, thatd be hard impact stuff, so ud see Nikko get jacked up, but if strong enough, he wouldn't let go.

Edited by hhhercules

Shizz. Now I'm excited again. suicidal.gif God, I want this game. I think about it every night before I go to bed, and one time I dreamed about what the gameplay would be like.

Member created new account.

Shizz. Now I'm excited again. suicidal.gif God, I want this game. I think about it every night before I go to bed, and one time I dreamed about what the gameplay would be like.

I'm a big fan of GTA's, more than most here, and even I don't dream about it.