What's your gameplay style when attempting 100%?

radicell

Well I have a few questions for everybody about your gameplay styles when you are playing a save to 100%. These are mostly about the order you do things in, but there are others too.

1. When there are odd jobs and story missions available, would you do the odd jobs first, the story missions first, or mix the two?

2. Do you allow yourself to get wasted/busted? Do you care about the "safehouse visits" stat?

3. Do you like to venture into 4-star territory and get some restricted side missions done?

4. When doing schools, do you insist on always get all golds?

5. On the way to 100%, do you do other errands not needed for 100%? (ex. Unique Jumps, Triathlon, Dating, etc.)

6. Toward the end stages, do you insist on getting 100% gang territory?

7. When you do collectibles, do you collect/spray/take all the horseshoes/oysters/tags/photos in one run or do you do them in bits?

8. Do you cheat or use exploits? (ex. ITB money exploit, chliad challenge exploit, BMX/NRG500 exploit, etc.)

As for my own playing style, I usually try to get all odd jobs done in a particular city/are before moving on to the story missions. One particular exception would be the countryside, I always try to get those missions done as quickly as possible. Right now I'm playing a save where I keep "hospital visits" and "arrests" to 0, i.e. no wastes, no busts. Although I don't care about All Golds in schools (all Bronzes are good for me), I DO do all the optional stuff, which isnt much really, just Unique Jumps, Dating, Gang Territory, Burglary, and the Triathlons. Finally, I don't use cheats, but I always end up using the Chiliad exploit when doing chiliad challenges, I just find them difficult.

user posted image

Well I have a few questions for everybody about your gameplay styles when you are playing a save to 100%. These are mostly about the order you do things in, but there are others too.

1. When there are odd jobs and story missions available, would you do the odd jobs first, the story missions first, or mix the two?

2. Do you allow yourself to get wasted/busted? Do you care about the "safehouse visits" stat?

3. Do you like to venture into 4-star territory and get some restricted side missions done?

5. On the way to 100%, do you do other errands not needed for 100%? (ex. Unique Jumps, Triathlon, Dating, etc.)

7. When you do collectibles, do you collect/spray/take all the horseshoes/oysters/tags/photos in one run or do you do them in bits?

8. Do you cheat or use exploits? (ex. ITB money exploit, chliad challenge exploit, BMX/NRG500 exploit, etc.)

As for my own playing style, I usually try to get all odd jobs done in a particular city/are before moving on to the story missions. One particular exception would be the countryside, I always try to get those missions done as quickly as possible. Right now I'm playing a save where I keep "hospital visits" and "arrests" to 0, i.e. no wastes, no busts. Although I don't care about All Golds in schools (all Bronzes are good for me), I DO do all the optional stuff, which isnt much really, just Unique Jumps, Dating, Gang Territory, Burglary, and the Triathlons. Finally, I don't use cheats, but I always end up using the Chiliad exploit when doing chiliad challenges, I just find them difficult.

1. A mixture of the two, whatever I feel like

2. I try to never get busted or wasted. If I do when I've already built up a useful arsenal then I go back to the last save. I save regularly. I've been caught out before when the game has crashed (very rare but it sometimes happens) when I hadn't saved for ages

3. I'm planning on doing some 4 star excursions on my next session

4. I don't insist on all golds, but it's nice to get them

5. I do the triathlons and I date all the ladies, especially Katie and Barbara because they're the most useful. But also Michelle because she's fun when she wants to drive. I don't usually bother with the unique jumps

6. Yes, I always go for 100% gang territory

7. I do all the sprayings, horseshoes & photos in one go (for each). I do the oysters as the territories open up - but see above about planning on some 4 star excursions

8. I used some cheats when I first played. I've never used them in the game since - unless I occasionally use them but then abandon that game and start another game at the last save point. I do use some exploits where necessary

Steve

What an excellent question..I just try to follow the storyline and complete what I need to do to see the ending. Then I'll go beck to raise stats or collect golds or jumps..etc.I don't worry much about busted or wasted stats..sh*t happens.

Here are mine

1. * Never Busted/Wasted

* Never Mission Failed(Story and Main Missions, Sub-missions failure is ok as you cant have 50 fares at once while doing taxi missions.)

* No Save unless certain amount of tasks done atlesat one Main mission or bunch of Collectibles or gained some Skills

I get collectibles in set of 15-20 But for snapshots I stretched it to 28 once. Usually I get some ammo from spawning locations before saving the game.

1. Odd jobs first. Get them out of the way and you can concentrate on the story.

2. I don't allow myself to get wasted or busted (reload) but not bothered about safehouse visits.

3. Never tried.

4. No. just passes first, then go back and get Golds after doing 100%.

5. Do some dating to get clothes (for example, the Pimp and Cop suits).

6. No, do that after completing the games as well.

7. Do it all in one go so you don't have to worry about them later.

8. No.

1. I try to finish all the side missions first that are available before doing the story missions. Like if I have "End Of The Line" mission left, I try to finish everything else and do "End Of The Line" to get 100%.

2. I don't allow myself to get Busted & Wasted. The safehouse visits stat doesn't really matter to me.

3. Never tried but I should have to make things easier and faster for me.

4. I pass them first but I get gold on some of them whenever I feel like. But I only want to get Gold in Flying School.

5. Yeah, I do the Dating missions just to get the suits and all clothes in the game. I also do the Triathlons too but I don't do all the Unique Jumps. When I see a Unique Jump, I just go through that Unique Jump for fun.

6. Yeah.

7. When I have a city unlocked, then yes I do them in one run but one city at a time. When Los Santos is unlocked and I'm doing the Taggin' Up Turf mission, I spray all the signs. When San Fierro is unlocked and after I do the Photo Opportunity mission, I collect all the snapshots. When Las Venturas is unlocked and I have the Jetpack available then I collect all the Horseshoes. When all the cities are unlocked, I get a Seasparrow and collect all the Oysters.

8. Nope.