Differences between the PC and PS2 Versions?

LexMan89

I got myself a copy of GTA:SA a little while back, hoping to enjoy it with mods and such. Now before you get the idea that I accidentally put this here, I assure you, it's not about mods.

I started off, fumbling at first, being used to my PS2 version and my controller for so long, and tried out a rampage or two. What I find funny about this is that the automated targeting system isn't activated, I can only "Free Aim" and not lock onto anybody.

Is this something that Rockstar intended to do, or am I just pressing my keyboard buttons wrong?

No, PC version has manual aim. But you can connect your gamepad and activate auto-aim in options.

And I think that manual aim is a lot better.

And also flying is easier (again, spelled wrong moto_whistle.gif )

I have heard that flying is a lot easier on consoles. sarcasm.gif

No, PC version has manual aim. But you can connect your gamepad and activate auto-aim in options.

So you're saying that if I get a gamepad, I can activate auto aim? That's perfect for me, I'm used to auto aim, never was much for FPS or manual aim in general.

Thanks for answering my question so quickly, by the way.

So you're saying that if I get a gamepad, I can activate auto aim? That's perfect for me, I'm used to auto aim, never was much for FPS or manual aim in general.

No need to buy a gamepad.

Go to Controller options and select 'Joystick' as your controller and you'll have auto-aim!

wow....i always thought that flying was easiest in the pc.......i guess i'm a lot better than many people

Yes, you are. For one, you must be certainly better than me coz I suck at flying.

wow....i always thought that flying was easiest in the pc.......i guess i'm a lot better than many people

Yes, you are. For one, you must be certainly better than me coz I suck at flying.

come on man........flying on pc is a peice of cake........far easier than console.....i think bad boy 17 made a hyfra go through two chimnies in SF......ask him.......u should try it

Go to Controller options and select 'Joystick' as your controller and you'll have auto-aim!

It's correct but you can't use the mouse for move vision... And that's boring

Exactly. You can either have auto-aim or manual aim, but not both.

come on man........flying on pc is a peice of cake........far easier than console.....i think bad boy 17 made a hyfra go through two chimnies in SF......ask him.......u should try it

Nah, flying ain't my cup of cake....or was that tea? tounge.gif

I've tried it like a zillion times and I always end up crashing someplace or the other. Guess I'm too clumsy to be flying.

Persoally, flying is easier on the PS2 for me, the buttons are just closer together and you have control over your rate of climb.

Get a usb adapter and use your ps2 controller.

I might.

Another thing, if I have a JoyPad with two analog sticks, can I use one for camera control and still keep auto aim?

Excuse me while i hijack your thread for a minute.

I just bought "san andreas pc dvd" off ebay, pc dvd is the game right?

Yes, because the game is so big, they have to put it on DVD.

But, it would've been easier and cheaper to torrent it.

Yes, because the game is so big, they have to put it on DVD.

But, it would've been easier and cheaper to torrent it.

Please dont talk about warez programs here at GTAF. Thanks.

x3FWE.png