mIRC problems?

XN22

So lately I've been having problems with mIRC. I've been periodically disconnecting due to ping since last night, and just now, when I try to type in a command (!op, !voice, /list, etc) I'd get this error: "* [10053] Software caused connection abort" Anyone know why this is, or what I can do to stop it?

user posted image

unban asmo.

I've only used mIRC on the rare occasion. And the experience while using it wasn't what you would consider decent.

I suppose you could try reinstalling mIRC, as this seems to me as though something has become corrupted.

Or, you could try X-Chat 2 for Windows. It's the most sufficient and stable IRC client I've found.

X-Chat itself was actually originally a Linux application, and X-Chat still exists on the Linux platform and is the only IRC client I use there.

You can get X-Chat 2 for Windows here (Free of course).

http://www.silverex.org/download/

As far as recommendations go while using it, the first time you open it, it will prompt for your Username, Alternate Usernames, etc... Enter all of this, choose any server from the list (like Freenode), check "Skip this screen at startup" or whatever, and click OK.

It'll connect, and then show a prompt that asks what you want to do after connecting. Choose "Nothing" and to never show this window again.

This way, every time you open it from now on it will just bring you to the main interface, where you can type /server irc.freenode.net, for example.

You may also want to put it into Tab View instead of Tree View by View > Layout > Tabs (I think, I've only changed this setting once biggrin.gif ).

Just a suggestion.

Eh, ghosting means that you can kill someone who's using your nick by using nickserv. It also means that if someone has your password they can ghost you with impunity.

Hmm, I see you're on IRC now...I'll just talk to you there.

EDIT: Also, X-Chat is great if you're on Linux, but for windows it's just an alternative...and I really don't think it'll fix his problems.

Eh, ghosting means that you can kill someone who's using your nick by using nickserv. It also means that if someone has your password they can ghost you with impunity.

Yes I know, I registered his nick.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.