SA:MP Error!

Cursed

Ive been playing SA:MP for the last year and have never had a problem... untill I got a new computer with Vista.

Ive got a downgraded GTA_SA.exe (EU) and the latest SAMP 2.2R2. I join a server, the game loads up, it connects and Im on the player select screen, I can see the chat, and even people playing online around the spawn point. Which is all fine until I try to spawn, I press shift and the game crashes, with varying messages. Sometimes I get GTA_SA has stopped working, sometime I get a Access Violation and some others. I can not for the life of me figure out what the problem could possibly be, its a fresh SA install, not modded at all and Ive tried reinstalling SA:MP and the Game already.

There are no evil D3D9.dlls, Its definetly 1.0 and I can play the normal game without fault. I am desperate to play SAMP on my new computer.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I think that has something to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated, Ive looked through the SAMP forums and tried on IRC (With no replies because they ignore me)

Thanks

Thanks Felle, I reinstalled everything, but it has made little/no differance. I think the main problem is with my gta_sa.exe. It seems to be very unstable when playing SA:MP on Vista, using compatibility modes Ive stableised it so it can go on SOME servers for a short period. I can go on Littlewhiteys for about 5 minutes, although it takes a few attempts to select a character, but after a few minutes I get the gta_sa.exe has stopped working.

So I tried a American No CD exe, which as I expected was even more unstable. I dont know what Im going to do, it is totally unique to get to the player select and then only get the error when selecting a player.

Ive tried those common fixes many times before. Looks like Ill just have to install XP or something if I want to play SA:MP sad.gif

PS: You joined on my birthday biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Cursed monocle.gif