4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Hell No..

Collector's General Chat

Phaston
6 hours ago, just do it bob1 said:

It never was in stock? Unless you bought it through EBgames or Gamestop?

From what I understand, R* is drip-feeding these items on the Rockstar Warehouse and this is the first time it has been available there?

I guess so ...

uNi

Got another mug!

Ds3tSW0WkAAi7Gj.jpg:large

just do it bob1

Lucky guy... How much did you get the second mug for @uNi ?

uNi

£21.

just do it bob1
9 hours ago, uNi said:

£21.

What... How could you get it for that low? Can you link the original listing?

just do it bob1

jheezzz. Don't know how I missed that. However, I am questioning why someone is selling this for £21 considering that it is so rare.

RIDE2DAY
8 hours ago, just do it bob1 said:

jheezzz. Don't know how I missed that. However, I am questioning why someone is selling this for £21 considering that it is so rare.

I suppose it's worth way more if it comes with the box, I can't tell.

However, 21 GBP is a great price, congratulations on the purchase @uNi.

Edited by RIDE2DAY

just do it bob1
2 hours ago, RIDE2DAY said:

I suppose it's worth way more if it comes with the box, I can't tell.

However, 21 GBP is a great price, congratulations on the purchase @uNi.

Anything that is boxed is worth way more. The price increases quite a bit. Anything SEALED and still in the box is worth a pretty hefty penny. 

ROCKSTAR MANIC

So theres a new reproduction of GTA San Andreas "mobile" version for Xbox again. Saw this in eBay a while ago, just zooming by. Seriously WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE SELLERS??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas-Xbox-One-Xbox-360-Brand-New/123506909025?epid=10020179885&hash=item1cc195df61%3Ag%3ASFkAAOSwr5db40GJ&LH_ItemCondition=1000

@uNi  I was thinking we should create a database for the different versions of these copies. For example, IV has two platinum versions (Silver, Green). Make a database for every released R* even the revisions. Ive seen some revisions come with manuals, and others with that stupid pamplet for the online manual. 

Phaston
2 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

@uNiI was thinking we should create a database for the different versions of these copies. For example, IV has two platinum versions (Silver, Green). Make a database for every released R* even the revisions. Ive seen some revisions come with manuals, and others with that stupid pamplet for the online manual. 

That's an interesting idea , but i think there should also be listed the differences between PAL , NTSC and NSTC-J releases (they almost always had some minor difference in the cover or spine until the PS3/X360 era) .

ChengizVlad09

A bit unrelated, but did you guys know that for the longest of times we actually didn't know what was the actual release date of GTA 1?  I remember there was no definite answer to this, not even on Wikipedia, except that it said " October of '97 ". Hell, I even wrote to Rockstar Mouthoff couple of times in hope to get some answers, but it was in vain. Pathetic, I know, lol.

I swear I can't be imagining this, since I was baffled for years by the fact that such a great video game franchise doesn't have a proper birth certificate.

Anywho, I was just on Wikipedia and finally it has been updated to 21st October 1997. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto

Edited by ChengizVlad09

uNi
10 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

So theres a new reproduction of GTA San Andreas "mobile" version for Xbox again. Saw this in eBay a while ago, just zooming by. Seriously WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE SELLERS??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas-Xbox-One-Xbox-360-Brand-New/123506909025?epid=10020179885&hash=item1cc195df61%3Ag%3ASFkAAOSwr5db40GJ&LH_ItemCondition=1000

@uNi  I was thinking we should create a database for the different versions of these copies. For example, IV has two platinum versions (Silver, Green). Make a database for every released R* even the revisions. Ive seen some revisions come with manuals, and others with that stupid pamplet for the online manual. 

I've started doing that here: https://gta.wiki/index.php?title=GTA_%26_Rockstar_Collectibles

I should have more free time next month and will keep working on it!

ROCKSTAR MANIC
18 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

A bit unrelated, but did you guys know that for the longest of times we actually didn't know what was the actual release date of GTA 1?  I remember there was no definite answer to this, not even on Wikipedia, except that it said " October of '97 ". Hell, I even wrote to Rockstar Mouthoff couple of times in hope to get some answers, but it was in vain. Pathetic, I know, lol.

I swear I can't be imagining this, since I was baffled for years by the fact that such a great video game franchise doesn't have a proper birth certificate.

Anywho, I was just on Wikipedia and finally it has been updated to 21st October 1997. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto

LOL to mouthoff, lol those emails go straight to trash. Ive wrote there a few times to get few answers about  few things and nothing. 

Anyways,yeah, @uNi that wiki page could work. since there is a bunch of different versions for all titles that would be great. We should get together and send our different labeled copies pictures so they could put them up on the wiki. what do think @Phaston  @ChengizVlad09  ?

ChengizVlad09

I'm up for it, I'll send quality snaps whenever needed, let me know.

Phaston
5 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

LOL to mouthoff, lol those emails go straight to trash. Ive wrote there a few times to get few answers about  few things and nothing. 

Anyways,yeah, @uNi that wiki page could work. since there is a bunch of different versions for all titles that would be great. We should get together and send our different labeled copies pictures so they could put them up on the wiki. what do think @Phaston  @ChengizVlad09  ?

I'm up for this . I can mostly provide photos of covers from Italy and the UK . I think the most interesting thing i can provide is a photo of my italian copy of Max Payne for PS2 , which has a "brief review" printed on the front cover .

ChengizVlad09

I got to say though, we seriously lack some initiative and we aren't organized well enough. To say at least. I mean, we already have numerous images and info provided by members, just take a quick glance at Collector's Index and everything bellow, especially related to various game editions and versions. That's quite a pile of material to start off with.

uNi

I'm the only one editing the wiki atm so it takes time.

ChengizVlad09

Totally not addressed to you, nor anyone else in particular, but at us as a group collectively - Wiki Staff and ppl related. We lack initiative. For example, we need to organize ourselves as a group - doesn't matter how many, with specific weekly tasks - doesn't matter how trivial and how few, but you know, to get things moving and get them done.

Five ppl finish 5 small tasks per week. That's all.

Phaston
48 minutes ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

Totally not addressed to you, nor anyone else in particular, but at us as a group collectively - Wiki Staff and ppl related. We lack initiative. For example, we need to organize ourselves as a group - doesn't matter how many, with specific weekly tasks - doesn't matter how trivial and how few, but you know, to get things moving and get them done.

Five ppl finish 5 small tasks per week. That's all.

What if everyone who is part of the staff had to create at least an article per week and everybody had a specific argument to talk about related to Rockstar Games (Music , Games , Clothes , etc ...) ?

ChengizVlad09
47 minutes ago, Phaston said:

What if everyone who is part of the staff had to create at least an article per week and everybody had a specific argument to talk about related to Rockstar Games (Music , Games , Clothes , etc ...) ?

Yeah, that's exactly what I have in mind. I mean we all have lifes and it would be foolish to pretend anyone of us can spend hours typing and editing and all that. This way, one article as a bare minimum per week by one person, now that's something and it won't take too much of our time. If someone can do more, the better. I mean, this is definitely taking too long if we think to get anywhere with this?

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Yes, I'm up to it. Don't know much about Wiki editing, but its a great opportunity to learn. @ChengizVlad09 @Phaston @uNi  I have a few sealed copies for xbox versions. Heres my list, so we all could provide  pictures.  GTA IV special edition, GTA SA Xbox Mature, EFLC trilogy xbox,  EFLC first version xbox, Sealed GTA 3d era copies for that we need both versions opened and closed and a lot more. lol I have to get my sh*t outtta my boxes.   If we are up to this as a team, we can do this.

Phaston
6 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

Yes, I'm up to it. Don't know much about Wiki editing, but its a great opportunity to learn. @ChengizVlad09 @Phaston @uNi  I have a few sealed copies for xbox versions. Heres my list, so we all could provide  pictures.  GTA IV special edition, GTA SA Xbox Mature, EFLC trilogy xbox,  EFLC first version xbox, Sealed GTA 3d era copies for that we need both versions opened and closed and a lot more. lol I have to get my sh*t outtta my boxes.   If we are up to this as a team, we can do this.

10 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I have in mind. I mean we all have lifes and it would be foolish to pretend anyone of us can spend hours typing and editing and all that. This way, one article as a bare minimum per week by one person, now that's something and it won't take too much of our time. If someone can do more, the better. I mean, this is definitely taking too long if we think to get anywhere with this?

In this case , starting from now on , i'll try to write at least an article per week regarding Soundtracks and Music Releases related to Rockstar Games in physical form (Vinyls , CDs , Cassettes , etc ...) .

Edited by Phaston

just do it bob1

just suggesting (and kinda asking), but why don't we have a GTA Collectors discord server? Or at least a Collectors channel in the official GTAF discord server? @uNi

Rocket1921

A Discord server would be an awesome idea if you ask me.

just do it bob1

If Uni isn't really down to make a Channel in the already existing GTAF discord server or possibly make one, I would make one providing people would be interested in joining 

17 hours ago, Rocket1921 said:

A Discord server would be an awesome idea if you ask me.

Edited by just do it bob1

ChengizVlad09

Discord is an awesome idea! That's where we can form our working group, without spamming this thread too much and it will be easier to keep track and to arrange all related things.

just do it bob1
9 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

Discord is an awesome idea! That's where we can form our working group, without spamming this thread too much and it will be easier to keep track and to arrange all related things.

Yeah, I kinda got the idea from the guys doing the Special Vehicle guides. They have a discord and they all chat in there and talk about obtaining the cars and stuff without spamming the SV Guide threads. I think it would be a good addition. 

Phaston

I also think a Discord server would be a good idea , but i don't think i could be messaging on there often as with school and other things i don't have a lot of free time , especially recently . I acknowledge this just sounds like me creating false excuses but it's the truth .

ChengizVlad09
2 hours ago, Phaston said:

I also think a Discord server would be a good idea , but i don't think i could be messaging on there often as with school and other things i don't have a lot of free time , especially recently . I acknowledge this just sounds like me creating false excuses but it's the truth .

No problem Phas, don't eat yourself about it, no one is planning to be there 24/7/365 anyway. We'll all do according to our available time, and it will be sufficient if everyone could do one article, let's say in a weel or even in a two weeks.

3 hours ago, just do it bob1 said:

Yeah, I kinda got the idea from the guys doing the Special Vehicle guides. They have a discord and they all chat in there and talk about obtaining the cars and stuff without spamming the SV Guide threads. I think it would be a good addition. 

Yeah, good addition indeed, just to get the burden of this thread so to say and ofc that way we'll be able to communicate better that's all.