4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Hell No..

Collector's General Chat

Phaston
8 hours ago, G.T.O said:

I bought a Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories PS2 promo disc. It should be the same as the final version, but i wanted something uncommon for my Rockstar Collection. 

Really nice find ! ūüĎć

uNi

Yes.

ChengizVlad09

Not entirely my 'domain' being Midnight Club, but it looks awesome! Didn't know about that one, nice!

ChengizVlad09

Haha, as if they were spying on me.

Edited by ChengizVlad09

Phaston

Guys , i have a question about the PS2 Version of Vice City : is the 1.40 (first version) worth more than the 1.60 (second version) and the 2.00 (third and haitian-friendly version) . If yes , how much more is it worth ?

ChengizVlad09
14 hours ago, Phaston said:

Guys , i have a question about the PS2 Version of Vice City : is the 1.40 (first version) worth more than the 1.60 (second version) and the 2.00 (third and haitian-friendly version) . If yes , how much more is it worth ?

That's the first print and they are always more valuable. If opened, then not so much - up to 20 dollars, but if brand new and sealed, expect to pay anywhere between 50 and 100 bucks, depending on the condition - whether it has scuffs, tears and marks or not, or whatever the sellers feel is the right price, but I'd say 100 is pushing it. I paid 50 for my NTSC :)

Edited by ChengizVlad09

Phaston
1 hour ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

That's the first print and they are always more valuable. If opened, then not so much - up to 20 dollars, but if brand new and sealed, expect to pay anywhere between 50 and 100 bucks, depending on the condition - whether it has scuffs, tears and marks or not, or whatever the sellers feel is the right price, but I'd say 100 is pushing it. I payed 50 for my NTSC :)

Thanks for answering ! I asked because the seller i bought my first release from sold it to me for 5 euros , a bargain for its conditions and actual value .

ROCKSTAR MANIC
6 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

That's the first print and they are always more valuable. If opened, then not so much - up to 20 dollars, but if brand new and sealed, expect to pay anywhere between 50 and 100 bucks, depending on the condition - whether it has scuffs, tears and marks or not, or whatever the sellers feel is the right price, but I'd say 100 is pushing it. I payed 50 for my NTSC :)

For my First version (1.40) Vice city, I paid about 30 USD. This was about 2012, when the 3d trilogy was a lot more common even for the sealed versions.

You know, Ive heard Lionel richie's "running with the night" one time throughout one play through of the version of the game early in the game. I haven't heard after that, even after I've saved. It seem the radio stations reset. IDK what do you think?? 

Phaston
8 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

For my First version (1.40) Vice city, I paid about 30 USD. This was about 2012, when the 3d trilogy was a lot more common even for the sealed versions.

You know, Ive heard Lionel richie's "running with the night" one time throughout one play through of the version of the game early in the game. I haven't heard after that, even after I've saved. It seem the radio stations reset. IDK what do you think?? 

It looks really strange ... maybe you could try listening to all of the station in one sitting (i know , it might sound not really fun but it'd be effective at least) .

ChengizVlad09
16 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

As far as I know, that one got removed from the PC and it was featured only in 1.40 PS2 version of the game?

Phaston
24 minutes ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

As far as I know, that one got removed from the PC and it was featured only in 1.40 PS2 version of the game?

You're right . By the way , it was obviously not featured in thr XBOX Version ... but it's featured on the Flash FM CD anyway .

ROCKSTAR MANIC
2 hours ago, Phaston said:

You're right . By the way , it was obviously not featured in thr XBOX Version ... but it's featured on the Flash FM CD anyway .

@Phaston @ChengizVlad09 Yeah, its really weird. Yes, I have that version of the game. And its crazy because I remember singing along to the song. But that was one time throughout the whole play through start to finish. I assume the songs reset from the start like Flash fm starting from Bille Jean and so on. So yeah, I'm probably listen to the radio station from start to finish. I dont mind it, VC is my fav soundtrack.

ChengizVlad09

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure how the mechanics behind the radio station song switching works, but I'd say if you played the game on PS2 - version 1.40, then it has to be there without any doubt.

Maybe something could be¬†bugged in regards to it? Or you briefly experienced the unknown of the other dimensions¬†ūüėéūü§£

Edited by ChengizVlad09

ROCKSTAR MANIC
2 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure how the mechanics behind the radio station song switching works, but I'd say if you played the game on PS2 - version 1.40, then it has to be there without any doubt.

Maybe something could be¬†bugged in regards to it? Or you briefly experienced the unknown of the other dimensions¬†ūüėéūü§£

Bugged could be?? Hmm because it was one time I heard it. Gonna try it later today, will update you guys on it. By any chance do you guys own a PS2 copy of the warriors?

ChengizVlad09

Let us know definitely. Sadly, no. At least I don't.

Phaston
7 hours ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

Bugged could be?? Hmm because it was one time I heard it. Gonna try it later today, will update you guys on it. By any chance do you guys own a PS2 copy of the warriors?

Hmm ... maybe your Vice City DVD has corrupted data and that's the reason the song only played once .

By the way , i own a copy of The Warriors for PS2 .

ROCKSTAR MANIC
11 hours ago, Phaston said:

Hmm ... maybe your Vice City DVD has corrupted data and that's the reason the song only played once .

By the way , i own a copy of The Warriors for PS2 .

Ok back to my findings. Last night I played VC again, I noticed the songs are listed and play chronologically like the list on the manual. We all know that. Well after the Song named "life is what you make"the in game radio Giggle cream commercial is cut off to play Hall & Oates Out of touch which is the commercial before Lionel richie's song is supposed to be played after. So yeah, it could be bugged. And I know I have 1.40 because of the tear gas behind the VCP building.

mosavon

Alright guys, now I know there is already a SA BMX here in this very thread but here's a fully assembled one, took me ages to do this because i just never really had the time before.  I brought this back in 2013 with kind help from a friend of mine who picked this up from a guy in Sydney, Australia, he had owned it since 2005/2006.

He came to own this by accident as the competition winner for the bike never came into his store to collect the prize   After a few months of waiting he was told by his boss to take it home and get it outta his sight lol, this is where it sat until he eventually decided to sell it, he never really had much interest in it other than thinking it was kinda "cool"

Well, enough of the back story....here it is!

zBNnQsI.jpg

UUbtsWt.jpg

ZVmyna7.jpg

lRq2yYr.jpg

ACEv0HK.jpg

bttREau.jpg

zayQ7bd.jpg

xQh8Zkz.jpg

pIk5n6V.jpg

p2Sorer.jpg

ZflmsuR.jpg

fK8e4JT.jpg

TbJi6xF.jpg

oYRE0lm.jpg

UA0GIvY.jpg

jKeaAbe.jpg

bx1Hyfr.jpg

zngbppl.jpg

O7xzJXD.jpg

hvadJhZ.jpg

YJPQ8Yt.jpg

7OBZNwz.jpg

HszTslF.jpg

cmtDXKC.jpg

Edited by mosavon
Edited info

uNi

That's amazing!

ChengizVlad09

Pure awesomeness man, it's a thing of beauty! One of the holy grails of collecting!

mosavon

Yeah, it's an awesome scoop :)

Edited by mosavon

Phaston
10 hours ago, mosavon said:

Alright guys, now I know there is already a SA BMX here in this very thread but here's a fully assembled one, took me ages to do this because i just never really had the time before.  I brought this back in 2013 with kind help from a friend of mine who picked this up from a guy in Sydney, Australia, he had owned it since 2005/2006.

He came to own this by accident as the competition winner for the bike never came into his store to collect the prize   After a few months of waiting he was told by his boss to take it home and get it outta his sight lol, this is where it sat until he eventually decided to sell it, he never really had much interest in it other than thinking it was kinda "cool"

zBNnQsI.jpg

UUbtsWt.jpg

ZVmyna7.jpg

lRq2yYr.jpg

ACEv0HK.jpg

bttREau.jpg

zayQ7bd.jpg

xQh8Zkz.jpg

pIk5n6V.jpg

p2Sorer.jpg

ZflmsuR.jpg

fK8e4JT.jpg

TbJi6xF.jpg

oYRE0lm.jpg

UA0GIvY.jpg

jKeaAbe.jpg

bx1Hyfr.jpg

zngbppl.jpg

O7xzJXD.jpg

hvadJhZ.jpg

YJPQ8Yt.jpg

7OBZNwz.jpg

HszTslF.jpg

cmtDXKC.jpg

Very interesting backstory . Thanks for sharing !

Chazza354
16 hours ago, mosavon said:

Alright guys, now I know there is alreadyÔĽŅ a SA BMX here in this¬†very thread but here's a fully¬†assembled one, took me¬†ages to do this because i just never really had the time before. ¬†I brought this back in 2013 with kind help from a¬†friend of mine who picked this up from a guy in Sydney, Australia, he had owned it since 2005/2006.

He came to own this by accident as the competition winner for the bike never came into his store to collect the¬†prize ¬† After a few months of waiting¬†he was told by his boss¬†to take it home and get it outta his sight lol,¬†this is where it sat until he eventually decided to sell it, he never really had much interest ÔĽŅin it other than thinking it was kinda "cool"

ÔĽŅ ¬†

ÔĽŅ zBNnQsI.jpg

UUbtsWt.jpg

ZVmyna7.jpg

lRq2yYr.jpg

ACEv0HK.jpg

bttREau.jpg

zayQ7bd.jpg

xQh8Zkz.jpg

pIk5n6V.jpg

p2Sorer.jpg

ZflmsuR.jpg

fK8e4JT.jpg

TbJi6xF.jpg

oYRE0lm.jpg

UA0GIvY.jpg

jKeaAbe.jpg

bx1Hyfr.jpg

zngbppl.jpg

O7xzJXD.jpg

hvadJhZ.jpg

YJPQ8Yt.jpg

7OBZNwz.jpg

HszTslF.jpg

cmtDXKC.jpg

Damn bro, would you consider selling it? I'm serious lol I got $$$

mosavon

Sorry man, I'll be keeping this¬†ūüôā

ROCKSTAR MANIC

@mosavon  Dude, that is a fine dandy bike there, take care of those tires, of course are you planning on using it?? Congrats on the find.

mosavon

Lol no, not planning on using it ūüėčMight mount it on a wall¬†though ¬†ūüėĀ

Phaston

I know it's going to look mininal compared to the GTA SA BMX , but i recently bought State Of Emergency (PS2) , Max Payne (PS2) and Max Payne : The Movie (DVD) all CIB for a total of just 17 Euros . What do y'all think ?