strange accelerating problem

robote

for some reason, whether i am walking or in a car, whatever direction i choose to go in, my character or vehicle will continue going in that direction for a good five seconds after i take finger off the control. for example, i'll be swerving to not hit another car, but the simple swerve will continue swerving even if i lift my hand from the keyboard.

obviously this makes not only driving cars but even walking around unbearably hard and i have no idea why this starting happening all of a sudden. it makes no sense..

i tried reinstalling it three times now, and deleting all the saved games and everything. my GTA 3 and GTA 5 work fine but i like GTA 4 the best and i have no idea why it's doing this>

someone please help?

First of all, GTA 4 isn't released yet and GTA 5 is still a long way away. dozingoff.gif

I think this is what you mean:

GTA 4 = Vice City

GTA 5 = San Andreas

But they aren't called GTA 4 and 5.

About your problem, are you on PC?

Do you have any other controllers plugged in? If so, unplug them.

Try running the game at lower settings and please post your system specs.

Let's do a little keyboard driver and software reinitializing:

1. Right-click My Computer

2. Properties

3. Hardware tab

4. Device Manager

5. Double-click "Keyboard".

6. Right-click on a keyboard and select "Uninstall"

7. Reboot computer.

8. Your keyboard repeat rate should be back to the defaults!

9. Now make sure that the "Accessibility" settings are all turned off in "Accessibility Options" of the Control Panel. Just uncheck all the accessibility features (StickyKeys, ToggleKeys, Filter Keys) and Apply & OK to changes made.

10. Finally delete [.set] file.

All this is going to work! And will and will and will. If it doesn't, buy a new keyboard.

for some reason, whether i am walking or in a car, whatever direction i choose to go in, my character or vehicle will continue going in that direction for a good five seconds after i take finger off the control. for example, i'll be swerving to not hit another car, but the simple swerve will continue swerving even if i lift my hand from the keyboard.

Oh, and one more thing: Turn ON the frame limiter and make sure you have 30FPS! Less than 30fps or more than 30fps is not acceptable. If doesn't work, buy a new keyboard.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire