Body Armour

jolly_jay

Quick question. How do you know when you need to top up your body armour....without obviously having to find body armour and seeing if you can pick it up. Is there some status you can check? i always prefer full body armour before starting missions. I know you can park an enforcer in the garage and replenish your armour how ever often you like (by getting into it). but ...there must be a way to tell if you need to replenish. The health bar doesn't help much.

I did a search on the board and come up with over 7 pages of results...(no way am i going through each topic looking for this)

Quick question. How do you know when you need to top up your body armour....without obviously having to find body armour and seeing if you can pick it up. Is there some status you can check? i always prefer full body armour before starting missions. I know you can park an enforcer in the garage and replenish your armour how ever often you like (by getting into it). but ...there must be a way to tell if you need to replenish. The health bar doesn't help much.

I did a search on the board and come up with over 7 pages of results...(no way am i going through each topic looking for this)

Check the white "Body Armour" bar above the red "Health Bar" up in the top right, just below the clock

Steve

aha...so the body armour bar won't be there then if its used up.

i will check tonight. I have never really took notice of the bars there...only when diving.

Thanks.

aha...so the body armour bar won't be there then if its used up.

Yeah. The white body armour bar will go on decreasing as CJ takes hits and eventually, it'll drop down to zero and disappear. Further hits will cause the health bar to decrease.

Pause the game and simply check the Player Stats.

You'll have the exact percentage of Body Armour there. Move the cursor/joypad to the right to acelerate the rolling speed of the displayed text.

Points from 0 - 100 on normal gameplay and 0 - 150 AFTER Vigilante's 12 Missions are completed succefully and IN A ROW.

How do you know when it's time to replenish it ??

Obviously it depends on where you're going at the time and if the area is populated by a higher number of possible enemies to engage or not...

It would be wise not to go ANYWHERE without at least 50% of Armour capabiliy still left, because when taking hits from multiple opponents it will go away in the drop of a hat.. sigh.gif

It's very interesting, I play GTA SA about 2 years now and I've never heard about the enforcer is filling up your armor. I've just tried it and it worked.

Just to reiterate jbmeira's response:

user posted image

Too bad more chain gamers don't pay attention to that stat.

Thanks everyone. The stat screen is perfect. I ussually go to this screen anyhow to check my % completed after missions. Just never noticed the armour indicator.

The armour indicator on the playing screen is also helpful, but i found that it doesn't appear when you have 100% armour. It first appears once you take your first hit.

Yes, you can use the enforcer to replenish your armour.....but its bit of an overkill of an effort given there are many places that armour spawns.

I have saved the Enforcer in the garage but I can replenish my armor only once. If I spawn the Enforcer I can, but also only once, then I've to spawn again. I play on PC maybe on another console it's working.

I have saved the Enforcer in the garage but I can replenish my armor only once. If I spawn the Enforcer I can, but also only once, then I've to spawn again. I play on PC maybe on another console it's working.

For every use of a cheat code there is a Respect penalty of 10 points, but I guess you already know that...

Getting the Body-Armour at your usual pick-up spots would be a better option I think..

Just because I have never test-driven this vehicle, could you please tell me the code for the Enforcer (PC) ?? smile.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

It's very interesting, I play GTA SA about 2 years now and I've never heard about the enforcer is filling up your armor. I've just tried it and it worked.

It works in GTA VC as well. Truely, I am surprised you didn't know that.