Big Day Out 08

MindCorrupt

user posted image

Anyone else got their tix?

Should go off this year, especially with Rage going! Man, i'd pay 130 bucks to see Rage on their own. Bout time they got back together! biggrin.gif Carl Cox should go off as well, been listening to his music since i was young. Legend!

Dates

Auckland - Jan 18th

Goldcoast - Jan 20th

Sydney - Jan 25th

Melbourne - Jan 28th

Adelaide - Feb 1st

Perth - Feb 3rd

Line-up

*Rage Against the Machine

Bjork

Silverchair

*Grinspoon

Arcade Fire

*Hilltop Hoods

Billy Bragg

Paul Kelly

LCD Soundsystem

Sarah Blasko

Faker

Midnight Juggernughts

*Dizzee Rascal

Something with Numbers

Battles

Cut Off Your Hands

Spoon

Augie March

Brand New

Regurgitator

Anti-Flag

*Karnivool

*Carl Cox

Pnau

Kate Nash

Josh Pyke

beXta

Shy Child

*Gyroscope

Enter Shikari

Operator Please

Unkle

Goodwill

Krafty Kutz and MC Dynamite

The Nightwatchman / Tom Morello accoustic

British India

Krill

*Bands i'd like to see

Transparanoia

Not me. Sold out so f*cking fast. My bro didn't even get me a ticket. sad.gif

The D section for Rage would be hectic. Disappointed I'm going to miss it.

I take it you live in the eastern states? I heard it sold out in minutes on the gold coast...

Transparanoia

I take it you live in the eastern states? I heard it sold out in minutes on the gold coast...

Yeah, NSW. Sydney sold out in 10 minutes or something.

I went in 06. One of the best experiences ever, except the water down my pants, but that's another story altogether. Have you been before?

Nah, went in 05 when Systems, slipknot and beastie boys went. f*cking awesome.

This year should be good, will make up for RockIt being cancelled..

Water down the pants? lol

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

haha, Dizzee Rascal, he still doing his thing? The only thing I remember from him was Fix Up, Look Sharp.

*Bands i'd like to see

You don't even star the Nightwatchmen or Battles? mad.gif

Looks pretty good, too bad i'm in the US.

user posted image

unban asmo.

Transparanoia
Water down the pants? lol

Hahaha, yeah. I was at the front of one of the main stages watching Kings of Leon and the guy up the front is spraying the crowd with a hose. His mate comes over and they start to have a chat, and the hose was right in the direction of my pants going through the holes in the steel barrier. THEN I'm yelling at him and he comes over to me only to increase the pressure of the water on my crouch because he can't hear me properly!

Now that I think about it, it was around 40*c so it wasn't all bad. tounge.gif

Im Rick James B**ch!

I heard it sold out in minutes on the gold coast...

You can still win tickets through V though.

And God i hate Operator Please. headlining a tour supported by Van She. Wtf?

I am not paying $160 NZD to see one band that only has a 45 minute set. I would much rather Rage Against the Machine did their own show. That I would pay $160 NZD to see. No other artists appeal to me this year, which is just like last year. Best line up ever would have been: Shihad, Iggy Pop, Franz, and then the White Stripes. 4 Bands I wanted to see and have seen. Can't beat that value for money.

So in conclusion, f*ck Big Day Out it is now more about the money ( $160 in '08 and $100 in '06 ).

I wasn't planning on going this year, not really a big fan of most of the lineup so it didn't justify spending $130 ona ticket.

Turns out my cousins are coming over to see it though, mum is buying me one so I can go witt them...sweet. Krafty Kuts will be awesome.

No. The only good band up there is the Hilltop Hoods and I could probably pay less than $130 to see them on their own.

You suck, gtfo

Likewise.

No. The only good band up there is the Hilltop Hoods

Rage Against the Machine? confused.gif

No dough this post will get questions and and maybe even some fighting.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard any of their sh*t. What knid of music do they play?

You suck, gtfo

Likewise.

Im Rick James B**ch!
No. The only good band up there is the Hilltop Hoods and I could probably pay less than $130 to see them on their own.

Are you serious? Thats a solid lineup. Then again, their isn't much in the way of rap or hip hop, which is what you listen to if im not mistaken.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard any of their sh*t. What knid of music do they play?

Awesome music. Rap infused with rock with heavy political motivations.

@topic:

user posted image

*Bands i'd like to see

You don't even star the Nightwatchmen or Battles? mad.gif

Looks pretty good, too bad i'm in the US.

Booooonnnnaaaarrrooooo....

• 1 month later...

So, anyone from the Gold Coast or NZ here who went?

How was Rage? How many songs they play?

Well I got a ticket but it turns out I'll be in bali when it's on, so i sold it on ebay for a cool $150, f*ck yeah!

Would've been a good day though I'm sure.

Well I got a ticket but it turns out I'll be in bali when it's on, so i sold it on ebay for a cool $150, f*ck yeah!

Would've been a good day though I'm sure.

150? I would of paid atleast $200 and killed a man... thats if you got a Melb ticket.

Picking up some coke and some pills for this, anyone know if theyre getting sniffer dogs for Perth?

Nah man it was for the Perth one. I just wanted to hurry up and get rid of it. Practically everyone else was getting $150 for it too so it's all good.

As for the killings...well just wait for the PM, you'll know what to do.

What a f*cking day, had a awesome time. Rage went off (mayhem in the pit), only got to see a bit of Carl Cox (was awesome though) in the lillyworld joint after watching some loose jamaican woman singing constantly about her tw*t and her love for cock which was pretty amusing after a couple of roundies and a fair few beers

Later got ejected from the venue for scaling a fence into the lillyworld after watching Dizzee Rascals who were wicked, props to the chicks getting their tits out too wink.gif

Jumped back into the showgrounds over a cut barbed wire fence (with a 10 foot drop on the other side) and over another fence while being chased by a guard who looked to be recruited right from the taliban, wasnt gonna miss rage for the world, i mean...kicked out for jumping a fence? Fark offff.

Grinspoon were good live, silverchair was predictibly sh*t...

Ratm was a godsend after standing through the torture that is bjorks voice, was a bit annoying bout the power outage during Testify but everyone was still singing along not to mention crushing everyone around them hahaha. Came out drenched with sweat at the end, was so f*cking hot in the crowd, dumb c*nts couldnt get the sprinklers back on...but was all worth it in the end.

f*cken wicked.

f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck, I decided to go to the coast instead of he big day out and now I find out the Ratm and Regurgitator were there? God dammit.

WbZaxRP.png

@mr_ed: Haha sweet, Were they as good as they used to be? had mates telling me they were great, but Zach was lacking the angst from back in the day.

Oh and did you check out karnivool?

@mr_ed: Haha sweet, Were they as good as they used to be? had mates telling me they were great, but Zach was lacking the angst from back in the day.

Oh and did you check out karnivool?

I reckon they were great, zach sounded good, but he really didnt sound 100%. But I was no where near complaining, all round awesome performance.

I'd hate to have his tour schedule though, hes been touring aus/nz over the last few weeks and is heading to japan to play in a couple of days.

Anti-Flag >> Lunch >> Midnight Juggernauts >> Regurgitator >> Hilltop Hoods >> Pnau >> The Nightwatchman >> Arcade Fire >> Silverchair >> Bjork >> somehow got to the fence for Rage Against The Machine >> McDonalds.

Epic day. Felt like crap the next morning.

Anti-Flag >> Lunch >> Midnight Juggernauts >> Regurgitator >> Hilltop Hoods >> Pnau >> The Nightwatchman >> Arcade Fire >> Silverchair >> Bjork >> somehow got to the fence for Rage Against The Machine >> McDonalds.

Epic day. Felt like crap the next morning.

Yeah, didnt feel to brilliant the next day.

I heard it was 50 plus degrees in the mosh for Rage.....at night time....

@Mr_ed, you wouldn't exactly be the most inconspicuous person in the crowd with those dreddies either haha.

user posted image

This is a photo taken from the boiler room by a friend of mine.

That wall is about 5-6 meters high and not very wide, crazy gurners...

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.