Car place guide request

Rsini

hi

iam kinda new in all that editing thing

and i looking for a guide that shows step by step(pics will be very helpfull) how to use car placer

i mean like:

1. where can i simply get the cordinates

2. how to make the ipl script line correctly (i downloaded the "IPL helper" tool but its not helping at all)

3. where to put that line

and all that

my idea is to put some cars in some place like a parking lot

and i need about 30 cars in that place my orginal idea is to add cars to the parking lot out side the wang cars neer the transfender cous i replaced lot of cars with offroad jeeps and stuff but i cant find them in the game and its kinda lame to use the spawner

if some one will make a guide or give me alink to existing guide about how should i do that ill be greatfull

thx Rsini

p.s and iam sorry if i missed a post with a guide some where here, i new on this forum colgate.gif

thx again

1) Coordinates: I've been using xmen's Cords Compasss to record the position of the vehicles I want to place.

2) Add a Format line like the one below for vehicle placement to Cords Compass's format.cfg:

Sandking~#xcord#, #ycord#, #zcord#, 0, 495, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, 20000 //Sandking |0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0

You will need to adjust the vehicle ID and colors (495, -1, -1). IPL Helper if very useful for this purpose. The angle of the vehicle must be adjusted for radian units. Take a reading with something like San Andreas Control Center that provides an angle in degrees and divide that by 57.2958. (IPL reference)

3) Copy C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\maps\leveldes\leveldes.ipl

to C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\maps\Rsini\Rsini.ipl (or use file/folder names of your choice)

Add your new ipl line in the cars section and save.

Open C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\gta.dat and add a reference to your new IPL near the bottom just before "SPLASH loadsc4", save.

Quit San Andreas if necessary and start a new game (required for text IPL vehicles to work properly).

You should end up with an IPL file that looks similar to this:

# IPL generated from Max file leveldes.maxinstendcullendpathendgrgeendenexendpickendcars2243.425, -1258.118, 23.95037, 4.71, 522, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, 20000 //Jefferson NRGendjumpendtcycendauzoendmultend

Also, I would advise spreading out the vehicles a little. When too many vehicle generators are in the same general location they have a hard time spawning at the same time. However, in the most recent round of the chain game, we did manage to get 13 vehicles to spawn (usually) in the general vicinity of the SF Hospital.

Added: BTW, I saw your post requesting help on making a save garage. I wouldn't recommend this strategy. Creating a new save garage appears to be very difficult. A more reasonable challenge would be to move several standard garages (just the save zone, not the building) to an empty area and place them fairly close together so they appear to be one large garage.

Edited by OrionSR

i cant get it work

i did what you say

i made the Rsini.ide

objs16700, androm_des_obj, andr_ldX, 100, 016701, china_town_gateb, chGatedes, 100, 209715616702, cargo_stuff, cargo_stfX, 100, 016705, cargo_test, cargo_plA, 50, 416706, carge_barrels, cgo_barls, 40, 12816707, cargo_netting, car_bla, 100, 209715616708, cargo_store, cargo_net, 100, 0endtobjendpathendcars-1985.937, 273.2715, 35.17936, 90, 400, -1, -1, 0, 0, 0, -1, -1end2dfxendanimendtxdpend

and addead at the end of the gta.dat like this

......# level designIPL DATA\MAPS\leveldes\levelmap.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\leveldes\seabed.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\paths.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths2.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths3.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths4.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths5.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\cull.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\tunnels.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluSF.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluveg.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluLA.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluint.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\audiozon.ipl##  Interiors#IPL DATA\MAPS\leveldes\Rsini\Rsini.IPLSPLASH loadsc4

and i start a new game and the game crash

what to do??

dont create any new files... just opena any existing ipl file and put your line in the cars section... think that should work right guys? bored.gif

dont create any new files... just opena any existing ipl file and put your line in the cars section... think that should work right guys? bored.gif

tried that too doesnt work

You are close. However, it looks like you edited Rsini.ide instead of Rsini.ipl. I'm not sure what your IDE file is all about, but if you don't put a reference in gta.dat then it shouldn't matter. Your game is probably crashing when it doesn't find your IPL, try again with just the cars section.

cars-1985.937, 273.2715, 35.17936, 1.58, 400, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1end

Note that I changed your angle to 1.58 which should provide the 90 degree rotation you are looking for. You need to divide your angles by 57.2958 if you want them to work correctly in text IPLs.

Also, I changed one of your flags from 0 to 1 so your vehicle will spawn more reliably. Keep in mind the IPL helper is great for some things, but does not calculate the angles (yet, he is aware of the solution), or set the force spawn flag, so you'll need to adjust these manually.

Adding new vehicles to exiting IPLs should work, but you risk corrupting your standard files. If you need to change you enex connections or garages, then definitely make these modifications to the standard IPLs. Adding new IPLs is a good strategy for new vehicles, pickups, or unique stunt jumps as it is very easy to turn these files on or off my changing the comment in gta.dat.

Finally, in order for IPL vehicles and pickups to be added to the game, you MUST quit San Andreas, start the game again, and select new game.

Edited by OrionSR

yeah lol... didnt even notice... its definetely an ide file... do what he said... and dont forget... start NEW GAME!

I found something else. Your reference line in gta.dat reads:

IPL DATA\MAPS\leveldes\Rsini\Rsini.IPL

Instead of:

IPL DATA\MAPS\Rsini\Rsini.IPL

I believe my instructions specified this new folder. However, if you placed your file in another folder then you would have needed to change the reference, so I can't be sure of your specific configuration.

Anyway, starting with leveldes.ipl as a tempate, and Saving As Rsini.IPL in the same folder specified in gta.dat, this is what I would expect your IPL to look like. Notice there are no objs, 2dfx, or anim in this file, those are IDE lines from leveldes.IDE and will mess up your file.

DATA\MAPS\Rsini\Rsini.IPL

# IPL generated from Max file leveldes.maxinstendcullendpathendgrgeendenexendpickendcars-1985.937, 273.2715, 35.17936, 1.58, 400, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1endjumpendtcycendauzoendmultend

Edited by OrionSR

GOT IT WORKING!!! thx man

but now i got other qustion

i cant get them to spawn all at ones only 3-5 cars spawn each time

how can i make them spawn all together and i made that "flag" you taled me i changed all the 0 in to 1

here is my IPL file

# IPL generated from Max file leveldes.maxinstendcullendpathendgrgeendenexendpickendcars-1987.773, 300.107, 34.24907, 1.58, 489, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1987.629, 303.8912, 34.24926, 1.58, 505, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1987.389, 307.7421, 34.25413, 1.58, 589, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1989.515, 275.5891, 34.22559, 1.58, 400, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1989.323, 271.4264, 34.44896, 1.58, 499, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1989.583, 267.2106, 34.21532, 1.58, 579, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1989.801, 263.0992, 34.25789, 1.58, 413, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1992.971, 240.8855, 34.21734, 1.58, 404, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1993.384, 245.1457, 34.12904, 1.58, 482, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1970.793, 243.531, 34.1329, 1.58, 440, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1922.959, 241.8412, 40.00322, 1.58, 543, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1922.753, 245.8038, 40.09338, 1.58, 605, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1923.066, 249.9795, 40.09298, 1.58, 456, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1913.712, 293.4674, 40.09338, 1.58, 478, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1913.677, 288.6545, 40.09569, 1.58, 479, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1913.192, 284.1782, 40.09575, 1.58, 458, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1-1913, 279.5892, 40.1092, 1.58, 542, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, -1endjumpendtcycendauzoendmultend

p.s if it spamming the forum or some thing it will be great if will help me in msn messenger or icq (MSN better)

Edited by Rsini

Trying to fill a whole parking lot there m8? Game's just not designed to show that many cars static at once :x

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

That is an awful lot of generators for such a limited area. We've added quite a few extra vehicles to the chain game where many different people take turns on the save. For the most part, nobody seems to have much difficulty with an extra 60 or so vehicle generators added to the game. Once we get up to 80+ extra vehicles some people start experiencing more random game crashes, and others observe more lag in the display of the vehicles. Your performance may vary, but this should provide some guidelines as to the practical limit to new vehicles on the map.

Keep that force spawn flag set to 1, that's the best you can do as far as improving spawns with IPL settings.

However, the poster above is correct: You've got way too many vehicles in too small of a space. There are two issues at play. First, your vehicles must be separated by... a couple of parking stalls, or more than a vehicle's length, and it's best not to push this too closely. You'll also need to make sure that random or other game vehicles aren't trying to spawn too close to your vehicles - the SAM java map is good for this purpose.

The other limit deals with how many vehicles generate in a limited area. Under normal circumstances, about 5 or 6 vehicles is all that will appear in an area the size of Grove Street. Any more and something probably won't show up on any given visit. However, we did manage to get 13 vehicles to spawn in the parking lots of the SF hospital by following the positioning guidelines above. We were actually quite surprised they all show up, most of the time for me, some of the time for others, so again this seems to highlight a practical limit.

i played SAMP not long ago and they maneged to put like 30-50 cars in top of chilliad and its kinda small place

so maybe i can do it like them or something??

now is it really THAT hard to make vehicles spawn a bit further away one from another??? in case space is a problem spawn em al around airport and u should have no problem if I understood fellas up here correctly... sigh.gif

its kinda "I MUST" thing and i sure that have to be solution to this problem cous in the SAMP there lots of cars spawns in 1 place

so i kinda looking for a way to spwan all my cars around Wang cars (neer transfender)

Sorry, I'm not at all sure what SA-MP is up to. I strongly suspect they are using mission coding to spawn their vehicle. I suppose you could go this route; it's a lot of work, but should to the job. There is a practical limit to the total number of vehicles can have on the map at one time. I was spawning NRGs with San Andreas Control Center hoping an Engineless version would spawn so I could put it in a garage and figure out it's variation. After a spawning a very crowded parking lot full of bikes, the traffic stopped spawning, and eventually no more bikes would spawn - game full. I can't remember the exact number, but it seems to me it was in the 50 range, about the same as you saw on SA-MP. You know, I'll bet they've got documentation on this somewhere, you might find something useful by searching their site. Unfortunately, you've pretty much tapped out my knowledge on the subject, I'm a lot more proficient with IPL than coding.

well according to the tutorial samp has on their site they use totaly different system of coding... I know something bout gta coding, but their tutorials definetely didnt show that... so they probbably got themselves another way to spawn vehicles... bsides... how slow should the game be if there are thousands of players driving around the sa with their cars and guns??? I really think u r lookin for solution at the wrong place mate...but u said in the first post u want to spawn cars cuz u dont like using spawn tool... well if ya spawn em around airport all of em will spawn and u wont have to use the tool...

SA MP using the pawn scripting language and has an interpreter.

The game doesn't slow down because the other players are just a data

stream. That's why it hiccups wink.gif

I haven't played samp in ages, however, I do remember when there would

be 30 or more people on-screen at the same time, it would crash.

Random crashes are not so mysterious now, Eh? sly.gif

As far as mission coding goes, this is not a topic about that, this is about

map data, particularly the vehicles section of the IPL files.

Just for the record, I never had to change/divide my normal rotation

calculations to 1.whatever in order to get them turned.

This issue is simple enough: The game streams a maximum number of cars

with peds in them, and a maximum number of static or parked cars.

3 to 5 sounds about right. Where have you ever seen more than that

anywhere in san andreas without them being defined in the scm?

If they are not mission based/unlockable or owned by characters, etc,

they are done in the binary IPLs. Why? I don't know blush.gif

-derty

teh ninja: also, I have a high mind that perhaps the cars he wants to spawn

are mod vehicles, which suffer from bloat and other problems caused by

rushed and never-updated DFF exporter scripts.

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

Just for the record, I never had to change/divide my normal rotation

calculations to 1.whatever in order to get them turned.

Radian angles seem to be a rather under-documented requirement of text IPL vehicle generators. It is my understanding that binary IPLs do not have the same requirement, and since there are no text IPL vehicles as an example this leads to a bit of confusion on this issue. I thought 57.29577951 was a pretty strange factor for angles, particularly since I had been zeroing in on it by comparing numbers entered in the IPL against the the 256 rotation hex angles in the save file and had no idea where it was coming from. I finally found the answer when I bothered to look up radian units in the Wiki - it's 180/pi, and I've no idea why they are used here.

BTW, if you try the text IPLs again and get different results, please let me know. Perhaps we can compare notes and find out what's different.

Edited by OrionSR