New York Army?

YourNeighborhoodKiller

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Take a look at this it appears that this helicopter or the returning "Hunter" came from an army outside of New York City, it looks like there are tanks lined up beside a building.

user posted image

Edited by YourNeighborhoodKiller

New account: Gezim

It does a bit, look like Tanks I suppose. Good find.

As per usual with GTA, I'm sure there will be an army field or something of the sorts, returning in this GTA.

Nice work.

9zkgc.png

GANGSTA26-VERCETTI

icon14.gif sweete, there was the base in gta3 even though it wont be gta4 but i guess there were gonna keep the whole army base thing, nice find dude. 26

Maybe Niko was framed as a terrorist midway through the game and the military are looking for him?

lol. i would laugh my ass off @ that

but ya. nice find, it also kinda looks like trash... but i dono.

Maybe Niko was framed as a terrorist midway through the game and the military are looking for him?

lol. i would laugh my ass off @ that

but ya. nice find, it also kinda looks like trash... but i dono.

Yeah, that would be like the hitman in LCS, it would stop after you prove or do something special

don't you mean Liberty City Army?

also Niko could probably just have a 6 star wanted level... or whatever they are using now.

I doubt this helicopter we see is "the hunter" in previous GTA games it's played the role of an apache esque attack helicopter, not a typically transport orientated "blackhawk" helicopter. It could be... but it would seem to be a dull reincarnation if you ask me.

and New York... or Liberty City doesn't have an army... rather army units could potentially be stationed in New York/Liberty City. Small little nuance.

Edited by voteneg

They could be I guess, but to me they look a little small to be tanks... Either way its a good spot!

I doubt this helicopter we see is "the hunter" in previous GTA games it's played the role of an apache esque attack helicopter, not a typically transport orientated "blackhawk" helicopter. It could be... but it would seem to be a dull reincarnation if you ask me.

and New York... or Liberty City doesn't have an army... rather army units could potentially be stationed in New York/Liberty City. Small little nuance.

Knowing passed GTAs a car's or vehicle's name isn't always certain. The name of the car may come back in the case of the sentinel, but not the same car. Maybe this is the MP Hunter so your friends can tag along for a hunt.

About the cars in the background, what else do you see? I personally think they look like taxis lined up. But, use your perception of depth, and you can see that they've worked on the distance at which vehicles disappear. That's what I noticed.

These are not tanks. The screenshot is from the trailer. Get an HD copy of the second trailer, go through it frame by frame on the heli scene, and you can clearly see that these are not tanks. Most likely, just shrubs.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

First of all, extremely awsome find Neighbor.

Second, to all people who are stupid, Liberty City ISN'T NEW YORK.

How can anyone say there can't be an army if New York doesn't have one...

There will be an army, I assure it.

Good find. icon14.gif

DAMN.... nice find.... they dont look like tanks looks like other army trucks with the guns on the roof of the trucks

user posted image

DAMN.... nice find.... they dont look like tanks looks like other army trucks with the guns on the roof of the trucks

They aren't vehicles of any kind. Go through trailer frame by frame.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Personally, I don't like the word 'army'. I believe it is the National Guard, right?

Anyway the word 'army' just makes it really unrealistic.

But on-topic, good find! icon14.gif

DigitallyInsane^

Looks more like plants or something on the sidewalk. it seems those things aren't even on the road.

That's how I see it, if the game is barely drawing buildings at that point (yes I know it's a development build featured in the screenshot) I doubt it'd be drawing tanks parked, even at a low quality level.

user posted image

Chillin' in my Beamer, listenin' to Ether...

The Night Fox

yes and no,

those objects you put a square around do look like tanks wow.gif

also, I really don't know why people think that is a hunter, the hunter was an AH 64 apache, not a sicorsky

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Scary thing is, i was just thinking about the army in GTA IV, How worrying is it going to be, once you get to 6 stars or whatever they might be using now, and having a few tanks following you up through Star Junction biggrin.gif

Spooky.

How can anyone say there can't be an army if New York doesn't have one...

There will be an army, I assure it.

Good find. icon14.gif

The National Guard.

• 1 month later...

OK Children sorry for resurrecting this ancient thread but i'd just like to say I hope the Army/National Guard has GUNBOATS/patrol boats with a gun turret and seeking missiles rampage_ani.gif

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Yeah I can predict it will be pretty intense being chased by the Nation Guard or if it's the Army.

Either way it will be fun.

New account: Gezim

S.W.A.T. TANK return from SA mission "End of the line" should return.... no more boring tanks

Edited by GhostMann
user posted image

I seriously don't think they are tanks. If they are they are extremely small. I personally think they are plants, but I could be wrong.

They look more like shrubs or something like that to me.

But even if there is an army base in Liberty City it wouldn't be right in front of the World Financial Center in Lower Algonquin.