Is this normal?

Cyc2u

I completed the game 100% plus all gfs to 100% so when i get busted or wasted i keep my weapons.

The 100% save is in the last (8th) slot.

Then I started a new game, saving in slots 1-7. However if i get busted or wasted i still keep my weapons. I have no gfs on this new game yet. I have not gotten to the part where i must save Denise from the fire.

Is that normal that im still keeping my weapons and does having that 100% save in the 8th slot mess up new games?

I completed the game 100% , and yes you keep your weapons after you are "Wasted" or you get "Busted" , but I'm not sure about new game .. maybe because you have 100% then you'll never lose your weapons even if you are in new game.

Get Helena (on top of Ammu-Nation in Blueberry) as your girlfriend and you will never get your weapons taken away when busted or wasted

Get Helena (on top of Ammu-Nation in Blueberry) as your girlfriend and you will never get your weapons taken away when busted or wasted

What does this have to do this? He asked why does he keep his weapons after wasted or busted in new game even though he doesn't have gf's.

@topic starter: Explore parts of this forums, You should find more about this glitch.

I completed the game 100% , and yes you keep your weapons after you are "Wasted" or you get "Busted" , but I'm not sure about new game .. maybe because you have 100% then you'll never lose your weapons even if you are in new game.

No way. He's talking about two different saves and they have got nothing to do with each other. When you start a new game, you start fresh and the savefile isn't affected by previous saves.

What does this have to do this? He asked why does he keep his weapons after wasted or busted in new game even though he doesn't have gf's.

Yes and you will keep your weapons when busted or wasted when you have Helena

EDIT:

Sorry but you need to get Katie. My bad.

Katie Zhan

She's a nurse who can be found practicing Thai Chi at the edge of the golf course in the Avispa country club in san Fierro. She likes her men big and muscular with lots of sex appeal. Available from 12:00-00:00(midnight). Achieve 100% with her and you get to keep your weapons after getting wasted and you unlock the Medic suit in your wardrobe.

Edited by Bad~Boy#17

No way. He's talking about two different saves and they have got nothing to do with each other. When you start a new game, you start fresh and the savefile isn't affected by previous saves.

Sorry , my bad. But I said that if you reach 100% , you'll never lose your weapons after you get "Busted " or " Wasted", so it's normal in 100% to never lose your weapons.

I don't have a 100% but I still have my weapons after I get wasted or arrested. Its a GF where you get that feature.

You need Katie as GF to keep weapons when wasted and Barbara if busted.

100% has nothing to do with it.

But there's allegedly a glitch which allows the benefits to carry over to a new game provided you loaded a save with the GF's prior to starting a new game (??, PS2 only?).

there's allegedly a glitch which allows the benefits to carry over to a new game provided you loaded a save with the GF's prior to starting a new game (??, PS2 only?).

If you’re playing a game where Barbara and Katie are girlfriends, then start a new game, the ability to retain weapons after you’re wasted or busted transfers to tha new game (even though you don’t have either Katie or Barbara as girlfriends in the new game).

It is the only known glitch that carries over from game to game (for PC anyway), but only when you start a new game, not loading a previously saved-game. It works on PC, and I have done quite a few times.

Some people have looked at it as a hidden benefit, not a glitch.

None of the other girlfriends’ benefits will transfer over to the new game.

Also, the girlfriends don’t need to be at 100% to retain the weapons in a standard game, they simply need to be C.J.’s girlfriend (at any percentage).

Edited by zmoonchild

there's allegedly a glitch which allows the benefits to carry over to a new game provided you loaded a save with the GF's prior to starting a new game (??, PS2 only?).

If you’re playing a game where Barbara and Katie are girlfriends, then start a new game, the ability to retain weapons after you’re wasted or busted transfers to tha new game (even though you don’t have either Katie or Barbara as girlfriends in the new game).

It is the only known glitch that carries over from game to game (for PC anyway), but only when you start a new game, not loading a previously saved-game. It works on PC, and I have done quite a few times.

Sh*t, I never knew that. Gotta try it. smile.gif

Sh*t, I never knew that. Gotta try it. smile.gif

See , I told you.

I don't have a 100% but I still have my weapons after I get wasted or arrested. Its a GF where you get that feature.

I have 100% , so of course I have Barbara and Katie as girlfriends. So I'll never lose my weapons.

Some people have looked at it as a hidden benefit, not a glitch.

None of the other girlfriends’ benefits will transfer over to the new game.

Also, the girlfriends don’t need to be at 100% to retain the weapons in a standard game, they simply need to be C.J.’s girlfriend (at any percentage).

lol yes, it is benificial in the new game. smile.gif

But since i wasnt sure if its going to last ive been loading previous saves anyways when i get busted/wasted.

Also like you said, the gf outfits and car unlocks are not available in the new game.

Thanks for the info!

btw im on the PC version so its not only PS2.

See , I told you.
Thanks for contributing, Naseem Srour, but that’s not what you said.

Here's your quote:

“but I'm not sure about new game .. maybe because you have 100% then you'll never lose your weapons even if you are in new game.

Being able to retain your weapons in a new game has nothing to do with achieving 100% game progress from the previous game; game progress is irrelevant.

It has to do with having the girlfriends during the previous game, specifically Katie and Barbara, then starting a new game, nothing else.

What does 100% have to do with anything that's been stated here on this post?

I don't think you fully understand what's being discussed here. suicidal.gif

So, please don't take it the wrong way. Maybe you just need to describe yourself a little better.

smile.gif

Edited by zmoonchild

See , I told you.
Thanks for contributing, Naseem Srour, but that’s not what you said.

Here's your quote:

“but I'm not sure about new game .. maybe because you have 100% then you'll never lose your weapons even if you are in new game.

Being able to retain your weapons in a new game has nothing to do with achieving 100% game progress from the previous game; game progress is irrelevant.

It has to do with having the girlfriends during the previous game, specifically Katie and Barbara, then starting a new game, nothing else.

What does 100% have to do with anything that's been stated here on this post?

I don't think you fully understand what's being discussed here. suicidal.gif

So, please don't take it the wrong way. Maybe you just need to describe yourself a little better.

smile.gif

Ok , I'm SORRY. (Is that what you want to hear ?!)

Ok , I'm SORRY. (Is that what you want to hear ?!)

no, it doesn't matter. tounge.giftounge.gifsmile.gif

We're all friends here. wink.gif

Edited by zmoonchild

As a test i removed all of the .b save files and put them into a different folder. Then started a new game where all the saves just say "save # not present", and began a new game. Killed myself and got myself busted, and i do NOT keep my weapons.

I have a feeling by having 1 saved game in the SA user files folder with those 2 girlfriends going it somehow tells the game you keep weps no matter what.

Like when you load a .b save file with gfs it turns on/off the wep keep feature somewhere in the .scm or .img file and remains for all other saves, unless deleted.

As a test i removed all of the .b save files and put them into a different folder. Then started a new game where all the saves just say "save # not present", and began a new game. Killed myself and got myself busted, and i do NOT keep my weapons.

I have a feeling by having 1 saved game in the SA user files folder with those 2 girlfriends going it somehow tells the game you keep weps no matter what.

Like when you load a .b save file with gfs it turns on/off the wep keep feature somewhere in the .scm or .img file and remains for all other saves, unless deleted.

You didn’t do it correctly, because it has nothing to do with the saved-game files.

Do this:

Load a previously saved-game where Katie and Barbara are already girlfriends, then go into the folder where your saved games are located and move or delete all of your saved games.

Your Load Screen will look like this:

user posted image

Then start a new game.

After doing that, you will still be able to retain your weapons after being Wasted or Busted in the new game. I have tested this quite a few times.

Remember, all that matters is that you start a new game while another game is already in progress, and that the game that’s already in progress must have Katie and/or Barbara as girlfriends.

The fact that your Load/Save screens indicate there are no files is irrelevant:

All that matters is what game is currently playing when you start the new game, nothing else.

smile.gif

However, starting another new game, after just starting a new game (meaning you started 2 new games in a row after the game that had the girlfriends) will not transfer the qualities to the newer game. The effect will be lost at that point.

You must have the girlfriends in the game, not just their benefits.

Edited by zmoonchild