Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,703 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Cursed

[WIP|SCR|CONV]Untold Stories: Liberty City

Do you want a brand new HD Liberty City or keep the old, but make it HD?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a brand new HD Liberty City or keep the old, but make it HD?

• New HD Liberty City
    • Old Liberty City in HD

pgtipsp

nah nyc police cars have had the blue and white colour scheme since 1971 so it would fit the timeline

nabo45

Yeah it does. But before we make them blue and white, we need a car for the police car. So if anyone out there models cars, and wants to give a hepling hand. Please contact us, we would love to hear from you smile.gif.

TomVDC

I'm new and saw this mod. And i love it. When is there going to be a bèta? grtz Vic

GamerShotgun

I think they've been talking about a christmas or new years eve release... I can't remember. Read back and you'll see!

BTW, keep this mod alive, it looks very promising! Cursed, thanks for the fast reply for my PM!

pgtipsp

repoman has done a great 1972 plymouth fury four door police car and in the ascendance thread ive posted some nypd skins for it which you could modify for liberty city if you so wished and he gave you permission - as for 80s you could just reskin the 1986 chevy caprice cop by spc team tho you would have to change the way the skin is applied to the car, alternativly you could ask for permission to convert the liberty city version the 86 caprice done by them for vice city then all you have to do would be to convert the car and not mess around with the rejigging

the skin or convert the vice city police car and give it a liberty city skin

http://www.ascendence.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2567

http://gta-worldmods.planet-multiplayer.de...4&contentid=485

just some suggestions

nabo45

Thanks for the suggestions smile.gif. But the thing is, that as far as i know, we are gonna use GTA style cars, with a low poly interiour, and a non real name. And no real brands, logos or anything either. So if we were gonna use a caprice, it have to be a spoof car. Anyway, right now i started re-arrenging the map, with the new island, and a surprise catspider.gif so you will have something to look foward to, when the mod is realeased. Oh yeah, we still need more modelers, cause at the moment I'm the only one remodeling Liberty City.

derty

You guys need to add both a link to the IRC room for mirc and a link to

the irc room through a java client wink.gif

I'm willing to model if I am presented with the right infos in the right way moto_whistle.gif

Keep up the work, guys!

nabo: want to talk to you about 8Ball's place.

-derty

nabo45

Derty: Talk to me man.

People, the mod is still going, but really slow. We really need more modelers/textures/SCM coders and everything else related to modding. So if you got any skills, and want to contribute to the mod, please let us know smile.gif.

-Untold Stories Liberty City, 2007©

RSHAXUR

*UPDATE*

Im sorry: This information has been deemed classified and i have been asked to remove this. Thank you for understanding.

Edited by RSHAXUR

Claude GTA3

The Tampa would be a great cop car.

Same with the LV cop car.

SHOROOP

People, the mod is still going, but really slow. We really need more modelers/textures/SCM coders and everything else related to modding. So if you got any skills, and want to contribute to the mod, please let us know smile.gif.

I wanna be in mod developers' team. I started to make mini-mods like new textures since SALC Beta 2 was released. But if you need I can learn how to work in 3d-editors. Please PM me if you need.

nabo45

I wanna be in mod developers' team. I started to make mini-mods like new textures since SALC Beta 2 was released. But if you need I can learn how to work in 3d-editors. Please PM me if you need.

Well, you need to know what you're doing if you want to be on the 3d modeling team. But please show us what you made so far, and well review it smile.gif. Also, this mod is not dead at all, it's just christmas so the team is busy with other things. But expect some updates soon.

SHOROOP

Well, you need to know what you're doing if you want to be on the 3d modeling team. But please show us what you made so far, and well review it smile.gif. Also, this mod is not dead at all, it's just christmas so the team is busy with other things. But expect some updates soon.

Sure. I have some problems with my provider, so I'll send you my work after holidays. I didn't convert it ib SA format, it's in 3dsmax.

Claude GTA3

This mod is lookin good.

Can anyone tell me how to retexture GTA3. it sends me an error message if I try to put detailed sh*t...

GTAfanattic
Can anyone tell me how to retexture GTA3. it sends me an error message if I try to put detailed sh*t...

I think you'll need 8-bit textures (maybe it's 16-bit). They also need to be uncompressed TXDs. Just open up any original GTA3 .TXD file.

nabo45

I think you'll need 8-bit textures (maybe it's 16-bit). They also need to be uncompressed TXDs. Just open up any original GTA3 .TXD file.

Yeah, GTA III only uses 8-bit textures. But i think if you totally redo the txd you can use 32-bit textures smile.gif.

Right now, the mod is starting up again after the holiday season, and we need your help. If you got any ideas for how we should change Liberty City, or how we should put new lots, new buildings etc. The please let us know, because thats the kind of feedback we can use smile.gif. We also decided a list of weapons we are gonna replace recentley, which includes many of the weapons from the 80's like the G3, MP5, M16 and they are all gonna be very high detailed.

Happy New Year!

- Untold Stories Team 2007

Cursed

We currentley have some problems with mapping the city into the game. So we need your help; if you know how to use MEd, and wants to help us succeed our goal. Let us know, by concating us on PM or on IRC. Thank you, (Nabo)

-Untold Stories Liberty City 2008

HELLZONE

I wanna help, i've told nabo allmready about it wink.gif

GamerShotgun

Hows the mod going?

Cursed

Alright, but the topic seems a bit dead, probably because of lack of interest. At the moment we are waiting for updates with SA:LC.

nabo45

Really? tounge2.gif. Right now I'm modeling the first lot of new Liberty City, if anyone else wanna help us, contact us on MSN ([email protected]) or IRC (#UntoldStoriesLC).

GamerShotgun

Well, i think the reason why there's not much life in this topic is that, there weren't any updates at the past..

Some screens would be nice, even about untextured models or something tounge.gif

nabo45
Well, i think the reason why there's not much life in this topic is that, there weren't any updates at the past..

Some screens would be nice, even about untextured models or something tounge.gif

Yeah, sure. But if we are gonna continue with this mod, we need someone to put our models ingame, because MEd don't work here, and MAP IO is just too difficault to use. So if anyone wants to help, please contact us.

RSHAXUR

well, nabo, its not really that hard to use. I would do it, but i cant seem to get a cleaned SA. suicidal.gif

ill explain it to you on msn tomorrow i guess, havent been on lately (me)...

One question

You all roads texture remade? even a little bit of grass that?

Just make me want to know it or not

If you can show what happened

Cursed

I remade all the roads and pavements, I tweeked your origional trees a bit, we are using your grass and dirt textures though.

nabo45

Just wanted to let you guys know that the mod is'nt dead smile.gif.

user posted image

W-I-P

Jackoozy

A part of Red Light district?

nabo45
A part of Red Light district?

This is placed next to the lot where your first savehouse in GTA III is. So yes, i think it's Red Light District smile.gif.

Jackoozy

Cool work! It's actually one of my favourite mods, and I'm really glad to see some progress!