Opponents Shot in Chiliad Challenge

jolly_jay

I'm not sure where to post this...i hope this is in the right place.

Anyhow..i am wanting to know if this has happened to others before in the Chilliad Challenge. Whilst on my forth attempt at the Cobra Run on the Chilliad Challenge I had fallen off early in the race. Whilst getting back on my bike i heard two gun shots. I didn't take too much notice as i have heard before. But..in this case as i headed down the track i found my two opponents dead in a pool of blood next to each other. Further down the track (about 100m) i found one of their bikes. Not that I'm complaining as it made the race a breeze.

Has this happened to others? Very strange. I am sure they were shot by someone. I can't see how else they could have died. Who would have shot them? Unfortanetly i didn't get a photo because after the incident i just wanted to get down the mountain and finally finish the challenge. I am playing off the shelf version...no mods etc.

By the way...brilliant forum....for a brilliant game!!

WOW WOW sarcasm.gifdontgetit.gif

I have never heard of anything like this beofore. I've heard of planes coming and hit the other racers off the mountian but not anyone killng other racers.

Sounds VERY strange..never seen anyone on Mt Chiliad other than C.J. or the other racers. Better try again and see if you can come up with some evidence.

never seen anyone on Mt Chiliad other than C.J. or the other racers.

Doing the Challenges with a 4-Star Wanted Level will allow cops to periodically show up along the routes, on-foot and chasing you inside vehicles.

Also, when I was first learning the Cobra Run and having problems, I killed the other 2 racers at the beginning of the race by quickly jumping off the bike and killing them with a Heat-Seeking Missile (that won't disqualify you). Then I was able to take my time completing the race.

Here’s the weird part: I took so long to get past the first drop (before the first long ramp) that a couple of cars eventually came along and knocked me over. It was as though they thought it was a regular road or something.

Then I continued further down around the sharp curve where the trees disappear and you’re on dirt. There were 2 bicycles lying there, without riders; they were nowhere near where I had killed the others racers; these were completely different bicycles.

Edited by zmoonchild

This is getting "curiouser and curiouser". I imagine you're playing on P.C...am I correct ? How many other racers ARE there on the P.C. version ? Less than the PS2 version ?

This is getting "curiouser and curiouser". I imagine you're playing on P.C...am I correct ? How many other racers ARE there on the P.C. version ? Less than the PS2 version ?

Yes, I was playing on PC v1 without any cheats or mods.

Just a straight forward game.

Also, there are 2 others racers for the Cobra Run, no more.

What I'm interested in finding out is if there are more than two opponents in the races on P.C. , I haven't done those races in a long time on PS2 but I thought there were 4 other racers in each race on my console.

Yes i am playing the PC version. Just after posting i thought i may have accidently triggered a cheat...but i didn't see any message coming up saying cheat activated. I will check the briefings tonight to see if there is any message about a cheat being activated. I hope not!

To fill you in. The "cobra run" in the PC version has two opponents. But...at the beginning of the race there are a few spectators. I can't remember if it was the first or second ramp where i saw the two dead opponents.

zmoonchild: "...There were 2 bicycles lying there, without riders; they were nowhere near where I had killed the others racers; these were completely different bicycles."

This sounds similiar to the bicycle i found on its own but im unsure whether it was the same bicycle that one of the riders were on. It was in the same area...just before turning right into a small valley. Its possible that the bicycles spawn here when the riders are killed. Difference being i didn't kill the riders. I know you can kill the riders at the end to win the race...but im not interested in doing that. I'm sure it works.

And no...i didn't have a 4 star wanted level.

I might try the race again tonight if i do have a saved game just before the cobra run. I definitely dont wanna start the entire challenge again. But tell you the truth...getting a pic of the killed racers won't prove anything. I could just kill them myself anyhow and taken a picture. However...i will take a picture of any peds that are around if it happens again. Honestly...i dont think it will happen again.

Is there any possibility that when the gunshots are heard that random bullets are fired. Like has anybody been 'wasted' for no apparent reason when hearing the bullets. I have heard the bullets before...but just thought it was a sound effect. I now get the feeling its more than just a sound effect.

Question....can i do a replay and save it. Straight after finishing the race..i went straight to Angel Pine and saved. Would it be saved as a replay? Otherwise I will check tonight.

Edited by jolly_jay

it was the tuskan raiders!!!(IE sand people)!!!!I knew it!!!!!:D:D nah jk idk either it happend to me and i have the PS2 version!! suicidal.gif

cookie.gif