Recommend me some music!

Mav.

Ok, so I'm sick of the bands I've been listening to recently and need some new ones.

I mainly like the rock/indie/alternative/pop genres and am not really into rap, country, heavy metal etc. More chillaxed stuff.

So what do people recommend? I also wouldn't mind some jazz/classical artists aswell.

Thanks in advance for any help smile.gif .

Godsmack, A Perfect Circle, H.I.M, Stone Sour, Disturbed, Lacuna Coil, Nirvana, Pitchshifter, Seether, Silverchair

Can't think of any other bands my girlfriend listens to, shes more into the "softer" music, But there is a few you may and may not like.

Edited by reaper x550

Doesn't matter when or what era.

And I'm not really into Silverchair and Powderfinger.

Oh and I don't really like the 'emo' style.

liesofsilence

Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Jane's Addiction, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Depeche Mode, Rage against the Machine, Pearl Jam, Nirvana,

watch mtv. you'll definitly find a couple of bands. monocle.gif

I thought everyone here hates mtv whatsthat.gif

Not everyone, there's allways a couple of idiots who think that MTV is the best source for music. MTV destroyed music and should get removed from TV asap. angry.gif

Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Jane's Addiction, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Depeche Mode, Rage against the Machine, Pearl Jam, Nirvana,

I like your style cool.gif

Ever get the feeling that you suck?

great list dude, juat about to lable those bands except nirvana, pearl jam and janes addiction

Black Flag, Bad Brains, Big Black, Sonic Youth, Modest Mouse, Animal Collective, of Montreal, Deftones, Presidents Of The United States Of America, Jesus Lizard, Clutch, Agent Orange, Fugazi, Gorilla Biscuits.

Try some of that.

user posted image

unban asmo.

Cheers guys.

Anyone know any similar bands to Modest Mouse? Or any other indie bands for that matter?

In my sh*tty opinion Pinback, Minus The Bear, and The Decemberists are the best thing going in that genre.

EDIT: Get castaways and cutouts by the decemberists, summer in abbadon by pinback, and planet of ice by minus the bear. Three high quality albums.

Edited by lesfleanut

If you want some good "chillaxing" stuff, look up Morphine. They're super mellow, and have a really cool, unique sound to them.

Something from Alice In Chains: Jar Of Flies, preferrably 'Got Me Wrong' or 'I Stay Away'. Or 'Shame In You' from their 1995 self-titled CD. 'Oceans", from Pearl Jam's Ten album. 'Dumb' from In Utero, Nirvana. 'Searching w/ My Good Eye Closed' from Badmotorfinger, Soundgarden. 'Interstate Love Song' and 'Big Empty' from Purple, Stone Temple Pilots. 'Aenima" from the 1996 Tool CD. All relaxed, mellow songs, though some of them have heavier parts.

user posted image

Cheers guys.

Anyone know any similar bands to Modest Mouse? Or any other indie bands for that matter?

In my sh*tty opinion Pinback, Minus The Bear, and The Decemberists are the best thing going in that genre.

Aye. Particularly Minus the Bear and Pinback.

Check out Chin Up Chin Up too. Not quite as good, but definately very Modest Mouse-esque. Sharks Keep Moving and Bear vs Shark are worth a look.

Edit: and Pavement.

If you want some good "chillaxing" stuff, look up Morphine. They're super mellow, and have a really cool, unique sound to them.

Sounds like a bunch of stoners.....

San Andreas Nut
Cheers guys.

Built to Spill, Tokyo Police Club..

Statutory Ray

Very well-though and informative post. icon14.gif

Very well-though and informative post. icon14.gif

I was just speaking my mind while also searching for confirmation as to weather I was right or not.

Frank Zappa. He is unknown to many nowadays, and most who know of him are under the misconception that he's the Weird Al of the 70s. The man produced over 60 albums (maybe over 70) during his career and dabbles in everything from jazz-fusion, experimental (Civilization Phaze III is definitely experimental), doowop, classical, and many more. He composed nearly all of the compositions himself (aside from many improvs), worked like a mad man, and was surprisingly not a drug user (he's pretty out there). He's also very smart. The man is insane!

Get the album HOT RATS (like my sig?). And if you can download (legally) "Brown Shoes Don't Make It", "Echidna's Arf", and the live version of "Cruisin' For Burgers" that would be cool too. There's too much in his discography to recommend all the good ones.

Ok, so I'm sick of the bands I've been listening to recently and need some new ones.

I mainly like the rock/indie/alternative/pop genres and am not really into rap, country, heavy metal etc. More chillaxed stuff.

So what do people recommend? I also wouldn't mind some jazz/classical artists aswell.

Thanks in advance for any help smile.gif .

Tool, A perfect circle, Radiohead, King Crimson, Muse, The Postal Service, Paul van Dyk, ATB, DJ Tiesto, DJ Shadow.

Hayden Stasven

Breaking Benjamin, Eskimo Joe, Snow Patrol, Cartel, Jack's Mannequin, The All-American Rejects, Him & Her, Vonray, Phantom Planet, Lifehouse, +44, Quietdrive

That's from memory and a few albums of mine. Hope you like them. colgate.gif

Oh and if you want a band similar to Modest Mouse, try The Go! Team.

New account: Hayden.

That one reggae song in Half-Baked would perfectly fit this topic. The one you hear when they go for Wesley Pipes? I don't know who made that song, but I'm pretty sure you can find it out there somewhere, I just forgot about the name of the artist. I'm sure you could find out at IMDB.

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.