Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,443 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Soldier

Does anyone here have a car

Soldier

Just curious, because then I have the fastest car.. biggrin.gif

-slash

Give us a couple of months, then come see me. tounge.gif

What's your best E/T?

Soldier

Just looking around - looks like TLC might be some competition...

Pavlov

I have a heavy boat, all stock, that moreover i can't afford for like 3 months already and it has been put up for sale that time. it runs in 12.25 (or so the factory specs say)

bananabis

post up your time slips!!!

capos got a nice 350z. im really interested in seeing his numbers once he goes F/I.

XN22

capos got a nice 350z. im really interested in seeing his numbers once he goes F/I.

Slightly OT, but do you ever race your car up at Lebanon Valley or Lime Rock?

Soldier

Sorry no slips here...

My ET isnt really hard to believe though, its a pretty normal time for my car.

Picolini

And your car is?

13 seconds isn't that fast really, plenty of stock cars do that or better, and cost under and around $30-40,000.

My guess is that TLC's 350z runs at least mid to low 12's.

Dalpura

12.050 @ 116.48MPH. Let's roll. cool.gif

Was an awesome run, the Japy speedo only goes up to 180km/h, always good topping it out. 1989 JDM Galant VR4, by the way. Sadly it's off the road at the moment, smashed it something bad in an "unofficial" rally. Might post a worklog in a few weeks actually, I'm nearly done with the repairs so shouldn't be long before I'm winning the traffic light grand prix again. Wouldn't mind getting it running 11s in the next couple of years either, it's such a money pit though.

What'd you drive Soldier? And slash?

stretch.
I have a heavy boat, all stock, that moreover i can't afford for like 3 months already and it has been put up for sale that time. it runs in 12.25 (or so the factory specs say)

You still selling the ferrari?

Well.. My fiesta does 0-60 in about 12 seconds with a strong wind behind me, down a hill tounge.gif

Pavlov

You still selling the ferrari?

Well.. My fiesta does 0-60 in about 12 seconds with a strong wind behind me, down a hill tounge.gif

market is illiquid. moreover winter is hitting soon. i'm gonna discount it and kbye. I have not the time nor the money for this type of shez anymore. I bought that car to sell it anyway.

stingray.

13 seconds isn't that fast really, plenty of stock cars do that or better, and cost under and around $30-40,000.

My guess is that TLC's 350z runs at least mid to low 12's.

According to most websites, a stock 350Z zips through the 1/4 mile in the mid-high 13 second range.

The best I've seen from a 350Z is 13.6 seconds. Many sports cars can beat that but cost way more. The best I've seen from a stock Charger SRT-8 is 12.8-12.9 seconds (don't remember) and 13 seconds flat from a 300C SRT-8. But of course those cars have like 425 hp while the 350Z has only like 280, so it's pretty impressive.

edit: BTW, is TLC's 350Z stock?

Edited by stingray132

-slash
What'd you drive Soldier? And slash?

There's a picture and time slip in the member's car pics pinned topic.

In short, a Silvia.

Soldier

And I drive a Camaro. LS1 Camaro.

Picolini

Lol, no it's not, that's why I guessed it was in the 12 second range at least. He's added some stuff to it, and he's stripped some weight off.

@Soldier, I saw it in the post your car topic after I asked what car above.

Very nice, love the Camaros. LS1 even better icon14.gificon14.gif

Anything done to it? If you swap the cam alone you can get a sh*t load of more power, compared to the cost and work.

13 seconds sounds stock to me, that's why I ask.

Soldier

Very nice, love the Camaros. LS1 even better icon14.gificon14.gif

Anything done to it? If you swap the cam alone you can get a sh*t load of more power, compared to the cost and work.

13 seconds sounds stock to me, that's why I ask.

Yup, bone stock.

A cam would probably put me low 12's but I really just dont feel the need right now. Maybe in the distant future.

Picolini

Lol, yeah I bet the stock HP and TQ do just fine tounge.gif

Those are in the 330-350 range, right? Damn nice.

Soldier
Lol, yeah I bet the stock HP and TQ do just fine tounge.gif

Those are in the 330-350 range, right? Damn nice.

Yeah. They are rated 305 from the factory but its well-known that they are underrated from GM b/c they didnt want anything to come close to the beloved Corvette.

They typically dyno about 305 stock, so yeah the motor itself makes around 330-350.

Picolini

In an issue of Hot Rod a few months back they dynoed a stock 04 GTO with an LS1. I believe they just dynoed the engine from it, not the wheels but it came out to 382Hp and 388Tq, or something like that. Well above the 350Hp factory rating.

Off topic... but slightly related to the above...

The new G8 (basically the GTO replacement) has a similar engine to the LS2, and they're saying it has 361hp, I hope it's under rated as well. I'm the power is down a bit from the LS2's 400hp because of the cylinder cut off feature. The car should still be pretty damn quick though.

Soldier
In an issue of Hot Rod a few months back they dynoed a stock 04 GTO with an LS1. I believe they just dynoed the engine from it, not the wheels but it came out to 382Hp and 388Tq, or something like that. Well above the 350Hp factory rating.

The new G8 (basically the GTO replacement) has a similar engine to the LS2, and they're saying it has 361hp, I hope it's under rated as well. I'm the power is down a bit from the LS2's 400hp because of the cylinder cut off feature. The car should still be pretty damn quick though.

Yes I absolutely love the G8.

user posted image

user posted image

inlove.gif

bananabis

all the 08s+ look fantastic, but there just a bit too lawyer-ish for me. id personally take an older model DSM or WRX if i had all that money. in the battle of luxury vs performance, i think power always wins colgate.gif

Picolini

Yeah, I'm the same way. The 04-05 WRX's are the best looking ones for sure, imo.

The G8 I would say is right in the middle of luxury and performance. Not a crazy amount of power, and not super luxurious, so much that you'd be afraid to take it out with a bunch of drunk friends in the back seat lol.gif

But still quite a bit of power and I'm sure it's got a decent interior. GM's been ripped on a lot lately for their shotty interior design, fit and finish and I think they're working on it quickly.

Cran.
But still quite a bit of power and I'm sure it's got a decent interior. GM's been ripped on a lot lately for their shotty interior design, fit and finish and I think they're working on it quickly.

Since it's a Holden, and it's being built over here, the interior hasn't been cobbled together with some old plastic bins, like the GM I'm sure you're used to tounge2.gif There is some harder plastics in places, but really, it's not in places that you really touch. Pretty much everything that you see and usually touch is soft and pleasant.

If I bought a G8 in the states, the first thing I'd do is take off the god awful body kit and make it into a Calais replica! biggrin.gif

user posted image

LocoLowCo.

Yes I absolutely love the G8.

user posted image

user posted image

inlove.gif

Another Australian Rip tounge.gif

Thats The Holden HSV R8 Clubsport but with different tail lights

and Cran. is right, i just felt like giving my opinion tounge.gif

GTA3Freak-2001

I am fairly sure its the SSV Commodore in basic form and doesn't have much if anything to do with HSV's modifications of base Holden models.

lurchseesu420
Just curious, because then I have the fastest car.. biggrin.gif

My bug will do a 1/4 mile in under 13 minutes. By the Way soldier where in Tennessee do you live. I'm in Knoxville. The home of the Vols. Neyland Stadium and Thompson Bowling arena are only about 10 minutes from my house.

Picolini

My bug will do a 1/4 mile in under 13 minutes.

I'll believe that.

silvermanblue

withe right mods, its more than possible pico. There is a 1600 bug that runs around here, the thing has about 230 horsepower and will pull the front wheels if it hooks up. He wants to nos the little bitch!!!!

lurchseesu420

withe right mods, its more than possible pico. There is a 1600 bug that runs around here, the thing has about 230 horsepower and will pull the front wheels if it hooks up. He wants to nos the little bitch!!!!

I was actually being funny. But yes I have seen drag beetles doing 10, 11, and 12sec. E.T.'s. It's not really that hard to get a 1600 dual port in the 200 hp range. It's called Weber IDA 48's. devil.gif The same kind of carbs they used on 427 Cobras.

Edited by lurchseesu420

silvermanblue

Since it's a Holden, and it's being built over here, the interior hasn't been cobbled together with some old plastic bins, like the GM I'm sure you're used to tounge2.gif There is some harder plastics in places, but really, it's not in places that you really touch. Pretty much everything that you see and usually touch is soft and pleasant.

If I bought a G8 in the states, the first thing I'd do is take off the god awful body kit and make it into a Calais replica! biggrin.gif

user posted image

I have been saying it for years, them aussies can build cars!

@ lurch I want a beetle so bad, there is one down state I could get, just to much sh*t going on money wise to do sh*t.