Laptop problems

GtaHitmanStrikesBack

GtaHitmanStrikesBack

My laptop always runs slow mad.gif and it drives me nuts anytime i click start etc it just runs slow takes about 10-15 seconds to bring it up it is an advent and is running windows xp anyone know why this is happening i have my virus protecters and firewall on so there are no viruses at all could someone make a suggestion of waht is wrong thanks confused.gif

cold fusion 33

Could you give some specs for the computer? That may give us some idea as to where the problem is coming from...

First of all, post up your system specs. How much RAM you have, what graphics you're using, things like that. How long has this been happening for? If only just recently then you must have done something as a consequence for this. If you have too many programs, then delete the ones you don't need. Also, close as many processes as you can (the ones you aren't using - because some can take up a lot of needed space).

Then again, I don't know much about laptops. I wouldn't recommend them unless you need to take something around with you a lot.

But I'm just laying out a few options here - I don't even know where the problems are coming from. Try them, anyway.

If all else fails, then reformat your PC as you may have a deadly virus but just not know it (a lot of virus protection programs don't detect all viruses).

Download CCleaner and erase everything on your computer: http://www.ccleaner.com

Also, use it to disable processes from starting up automatically. It's basically just like the MSCONFIG utility. But the most important thing to make sure your laptop has is of course a good processor and a lot of memory.

GtaHitmanStrikesBack

system:

Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Advent

INTEL® Celeron®M

Processor 1.40 GHz

1.40GHz,224 MB of RAM

Hard Disc Capacity 33.1GB

system:

Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Advent

INTEL® Celeron®M

Processor 1.40 GHz

1.40GHz,224 MB of RAM

Hard Disc Capacity 33.1GB

Yeah man, its pretty poor spec wise, 224 meg of RAM would really struggle running XP, which is the problem.

See if you can atleast upgrade the ram, thats your best chance, and make sure the system is super clean at all times, defrag it, run clean up programs...often.

PC-World will have the Advent stuff, so they should know what RAM you need, and if it can be upgraded.

x3FWE.png

it runs quicker thanks to cc cleaner now

Yeah it will, but you need to really stay on top of it, keep it clean.

x3FWE.png

Download CCleaner and erase everything on your computer: http://www.ccleaner.com

Thanks for the link Ring, I was looking for something like that and I couldn't find one anywhere.

@GtaHitman: your processor also looks quite slow, I use to have a 1.60 Ghz and that took ages to load.

cold fusion 33

Yeah man, its pretty poor spec wise, 224 meg of RAM would really struggle running XP, which is the problem.

No it isn't i'm running XP on a laptop with 500 Mhz with 128Mb of RAM and it runs sweet as a nut.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.