Console games on PC?

TheDude5000

Apparently there's this little device called GameBridge that lets you connect your console's video cables to it, and view your games on your PC instead of a TV. You can also capture screens and video.

user posted image

PSX, N64, 360, PS2, anything. Does anyone have this? Does it actually work well?

user posted image

I hear it's good quality, here's some posts from the forum where I read about it:

That's the same one I purchased on Amazon. It works incredibly well. And it works for more than what it says. It'll work for ANYTHING that utilizes Audio/Video cables. NES, SNES, N64, PS, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Gamecube, Video Cameras, digital cameras, etc.

The device itself will record everything to your harddrive.

That was fully recorded using the Gamebridge.

And some screens I found:

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/screenshots/g...eTV-AVC1410/p1/

Review:

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/gener...eTV-AVC1410/p1/

Want to prove you reached a new score in Geometry Wars, or found a glitch in a game that you want to show to the world? Forget about shakycam videos, the GameBridge will deliver crystal clear, direct-feed proofs of your achievements.

user posted image

user posted image

In the meantime, the GameBridge has no competitor and remains as the best option for you to record and replay your videogames.

So apparently, it does work. Almost flawlessly. I gotta buy this thing. cool.gif

user posted image

GTA3Freak-2001

Wow, I could use this as an alternative for the HD VGA cable for the 360.

I wouldn't if you want HD quality on your monitor as this device as I understand it only deals with Composite connections so its really better for older consoles anything pre 360, PS3 etc. and for when you want to record game footage of course.

Theoretically we could play GTA IV on the PC without even needing a proper port? Sure it wouldn't be HD..but who cares?

user posted image

Theoretically we could play GTA IV on the PC without even needing a proper port? Sure it wouldn't be HD..but who cares?

well, no. You'd get the video signal yes (does it do audio too?), but you're not actually running the code through your pc hardware like a proper game. And part of the appeal for PC gamers is the resolution, so HD matters. if indeed it does run through composite cables, i wouldn't bother. It is in no way a substitute for a proper PC-version of gtaiv, or any other game.

Well I'm sure it won't be super hi res HD video, but the ability to capture video and makes movies intrigues me, and being able to capture screens sounds cool too. Are USB TV Tuners much different? I mean this is essentially the same thing, in fact one of the Gamebridge models actually comes with a TV Tuner. Sure, a real PC port would be great. But even if one happened my rig couldn't handle it. No mods, no HD resolutions...other than that it seems pretty good.

user posted image

This means good news for my brother, thinking about it, as he has a PS2 and no TV to play it on.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.