The Eagles kick Britney Spears ass.

TheDude5000

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-11-08/#2

Rock legends the Eagles have beaten Britney Spears to the top of the U.S. album charts just three days after they stunned Britain by doing the same thing there. The group's first studio album in nearly 30 years, Long Road Out Of Eden, was expected to come in a close second to Spears' comeback album Blackout - but the final results weren't even close. The rock veterans soared to the top of the new Billboard 200 with a staggering 711,000 sales of their new release, while Spears trailed behind with 290,000 sales. Her new album is Spears' only release not to debut at number one, and, to make matters worse for Spears, the Eagles' new album was only available through Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores - and the band's website. The group's success marks the first time Billboard officials have allowed an album that is only available through exclusive retailers to appear on their charts. Previously, titles that were not generally available at retailers were not eligible to appear on The Billboard 200.

All I gotta say is...YEAH!!! I f*cking hate this bubble gum pop crap so much, this feels so good to see it get it's ass kicked, even by a band I hate. I'm so glad to see this thing flop so badly, it's a good sign, a great sign. I hope to see more of this pop/r&b crap tank at the charts.

Discuss. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

user posted image

Vanilla Shake

I always knew that The Eagles would deal a swift and deadly blow to the abomination that is Britney Spears.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

Did anyone else expect a crushing blow was delt by donavan mcnab when they read the title of this thread?

Vanilla Shake
Did anyone else expect a crushing blow was delt by donavan mcnab when they read the title of this thread?

That was actually the first thought in my mind. I'll admit, I was a little disappointed when I learned that it wasn't the football team that had physically opened a can of whoop ass.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

Aww schucts, Britney only got second place...whats that like 200 million dollars?

I wish I could come in second place in anything and get that money.

why were the eagles on the cma awards last night???? i didnt think they played country music but i like the song they played

x2

At first I thought it was the football, team, then common sense kicked in

Then I thought the band actually kicked her ass

I am disappointed. Well, whatever, still good to hear.

Is it really that hard to kick Britney Spears ass? notify.gif

Well it used to be, but now she can't run away as fast due to all the lard...so I guess you have a point there.

user posted image

I f*cking hate the f*cking Eagles. I also hate that TV ad I see where it says some sh*t like, "America's greatest band." What-the-f*ck-ever.

On topic: What else came out?

Shut up. This is a celeberation over the death of bubblegum pop.

The death of bubblegum pop? How so? Because The Eagles, an equally sh*tty band beat out another sh*tty artist?

Yeah, I went there.

I f*cking hate the f*cking Eagles. I also hate that TV ad I see where it says some sh*t like, "America's greatest band." What-the-f*ck-ever.

user posted image

I love that movie.

Vanilla Shake
I f*cking hate the f*cking Eagles.  I also hate that TV ad I see where it says some sh*t like, "America's greatest band."  What-the-f*ck-ever.

The Big Lebowski

The dude abides.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.