The unfixable "Black Road"

Ring_of_Fire

user posted image

Does anyone have a fix for this black road? Or are you having the same issue as well?

The textures for it aren't loaded properly. See the black triangular spot at the edge of the road?

I've delete [.set] file, maxed out the AA/AF, the resolution, the Visual FX Quality, the draw distance - and still didn't fix it. Does it happen to you?

I've experienced it when I played with the Frame Limiter off. Maybe that's what it is.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Tried maxing out draw distance. Tried turning on the Frame Limiter, as suggested by crazyanurag. Still no luck.

I took look at the map using MEd, and at both near and distant LoD, I couldn't see the black patch.

Only when I move very close to it , the texture loads.

The v1.1 patch says that it fixes only black roads which occur in 640x480 on 32MB video cards.

This seems to a bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

Apart from being a bit annoying to the eyes, I find no other problem with it.

I always play with frame limiter on. The only way to see the black road is if you are a certain distance away from where the textures supposed to load.

It's just weird, why at this spot is the only black road available in San Andreas after maxing out the graphics settings? Hmm

I took look at the map using MEd, and at both near and distant LoD, I couldn't see the black patch.

Only when I move very close to it , the texture loads.

Does this mean you also saw it? moto_whistle.gif

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

Does this mean you also saw it?  moto_whistle.gif

Yeah, I do see it. confused.gif

So you have a solution for this? I'd love to get rid of that black patch.

about 1 year ago when i bought the game, i had that very annoying Black Road glitch that many people have also had. Since im somebody who likes to take pictures with fraps, the glitch made it impossible for me to make nice shots. After a couple of months, i had installed the GTA Lost Angelz mod and strangely it FIXED the bug, but it lagged dramatically on my game and had many bugs itself so i had a nice fresh reinstallation of the game, and now THEY ARE BACK!!! Here are some pics:

user posted image

user posted image

And here are some videos ive made to sho the problem:

Tony-Resta, your problem seems to be more of a draw distance issue. Try maxing out the draw distance. But it might lag your game. Are you experiencing that black patch at tha location just like RoF posted?

C'mon tony resta, the problem with the very huge black roads are very easy to fix! Just max out the antialiasing in San Andreas. Or you can go in Catalyst or ForceWare and max the AA/AF there. Plus, those roads in the movie and screenshot don't look they have any form of crispiness in them - so your graphics card are rendering them at the lowest possible settings. So you need to go and max those settings out. smile.gif

Oh, I realized that black roads have some something to do with corrupted shadow effects, could it be true?

But, the only black road that cannot be fixed is the one shown in my first post above. And also notice that I have crisp roads, and the black road still remains the same even with the draw distance, AA/AF, and the Visual FX Quality maxed out.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

• 2 years later...
Claude Speed.

hey. you need to have Mip Mapping ON and 'black roads' are gone smile.gif

First: You bumped a 3 year old topic.

Second: That's not true. I get this bug if I turn the FX Quality to Low regardless of the Mip-Map option being on or off.

Gone...but not quite.