Will GTA4 be...

~>>TsingTao<<~

~>>TsingTao<<~

Don't think this has been covered but im looking into buying a HD tv, was after a top spec samsung 26 inch @ £600 but then a friend said get 1080p so ive phoned around and basically i know more than them about tv's so whats the smallet inchenabled 1080p tv i can get? bearing in mind i have a small room.

BASICALLY WILL GTA4 BE 1080P ENABLED?

EDIT: For those who dont know what 1080p is, It's a higher resolution (1920x1080) to be exact. that creates crisper. sharper images

§cribble back☼

Edited by ~>>TsingTao<<~

Its like a finger pointing away to the Moon,

Dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.

MSN: [email protected]

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

EA Games® made me do it £££££ :(

Transparanoia

Well, most next gen games are, I can't see how this won't be.

But wouldn't you want 1080p anyway for other games as well?

~>>TsingTao<<~

I just want to make sure as I wont want to be forking out a lot of money for a tv i wont need, plus does anyone know if they do a 26 inch with 1080p?

EDIT: I'm buying GTA4 thats it, atleast for a good 2 years so im not bothered, All my gaming time will be dedicated to GTA4 smile.gif

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

I'm sure you don't get the best out of a 1080P TV unless it's atleast a 32".

s0h607k.jpg

~>>TsingTao<<~

I'm sure you don't get the best out of a 1080P TV unless it's atleast a 32".

Yeah I thought as much as being the 26 inch has a smaller volume so may look as crisp anyway, But can anyone find a 32" even? the smallet 1080p tv I can find is 37", thats far to big for my room sad.gif

Do I settle for 1080i?

EDIT: 1080i is interlaced and 1080p is progressive

Edited by ~>>TsingTao<<~

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

Why don't you use your monitor? So long as it uses VGA, of course... That's what I'm doing when I get my 360. Will save me buying a new TV.

~>>TsingTao<<~

Thanks for the idea but my monitor is only 19 inch and does not support HD

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

~>>TsingTao<<~

No it doesn't support HD content, Yes it has a VGA plug, All monitors do.

Basically its an old CRT monitor.

Has it been confirmed that GTA4 will be in 1080p format?

Edited by ~>>TsingTao<<~

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

I'm right in thinking a VGA slot is this?

If so, then not all monitors have that. Yes, monitors have the VGA extension on the end, but not all monitors have an input in the back of their monitor and use a seperate cable to connect to your PC or whatever; the older ones just have a cable coming out of the end.

Anyway, how can I check that my monitor will support HD content?

~>>TsingTao<<~

Dont quote me on this but if you want HD content Your monitor must have a HDMI input? VGA would only give you the same visual quality as if you were to plug your ps3 into the scart of your tv. I think the only monitors that are HD enabled are LCD HD which is basically a tv but it says whether is has a PC port - thus acting like a monitor

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

Oh, no I couldn't really care if I get HD quality or not. I just want to know if my monitor will give me the same picture as a TV would without me going out and buying one. My 360 will work with the VGA cable to my monitor, right?

I was just worried incase my monitor wouldn't work with it.

Sorry if I wasn't making it clear.

~>>TsingTao<<~

No worries bud, I've rang comet up asking about my query and basically the smallest 1080p enabled hdtv they have is 37" and same throughout the UK.

I asked for a Samsung model and they quoted me £950.00

Obviously I wont be paying that for some circuit board of a TV but will check lovely eBaY smile.gifthat_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

EDIT: Yep, As I thought, Found one the same model @ £649

Just goes to show how much these big retailers rip you off

Edited by ~>>TsingTao<<~

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

All my gaming time will be dedicated to GTA4 smile.gif

I know we all love GTA, but I seriously don't think that's good for you. At least take some breaks and play 3, VC, and SA now and then. confused.gif

Yeah, I'd say check eBay. But be careful though, I tend not to buy expensive things off eBay because if you get scammed, eBay don't give you much help.

edit - about my question, I just read that the cable will work with any monitor/tv with a VGA input, so it's all good.

Edited by Deuce Deuce

BurningRevenge

Not quite, a few games still run in 720p/1080i, reather than 1080p. I mean, Halo 3 was only 640p for God's sake (Sources: Here, Here and Here)!

And 720p has been confirmed, but they haven't said anything about 1080p.

~>>TsingTao<<~

Well if the 1080p is not confirmed ill get a 1080i i'll be happy, And trust me mate, Ive played gta, gta2, gta london, gta 3, gta vc, gta sa TO DEATH!!!!!!

Grand Theft Auto IV

29 April 2008

Dont quote me on this but if you want HD content Your monitor must have a HDMI input? VGA would only give you the same visual quality as if you were to plug your ps3 into the scart of your tv. I think the only monitors that are HD enabled are LCD HD which is basically a tv but it says whether is has a PC port - thus acting like a monitor

I'm quoting you on this, basically VGA will provide HD content. Most computer monitor's including the CRT ones have a great resolution. In terms of size, tv's versus computer monitors, you get more for less. My 17" IBM CRT monitor has a maximum resolution of 1600x1200, my 22" LCD monitor having a 1650x1050 resolution, but both having different aspect ratios, pricing, size, and brightness. VGA, composite, DVI and HDMI are all cable of carrying HD signals. Since the Euro and Pound are doing so well against the dollar, I would suggest importing it, or having a piece of mind, and finding the model you like in store, and then going online and finding the equivalent model to save some cash. Have you ever considering a computer monitor as your hookup to your gaming console? The VGA adapter is capable of going up to 1080i, and with a patch 1080p. HDMI is definitely not a requirement for HD content.

Check some of these out.

2 Make sure to check each monitor's reviews, contrast ratio, brightness (the higher these are the better) and be sure to check for what sort of ports it has on the back. All should have DVI and VGA (both HD capable), but also be on the lookout for HDMI (HD capable), Composite(Yellow, non HD), Component (Red, Green,Blue, HD capable), S-Video (Non-HD) and even USB ports or memory card readers. Also, in order to use these as tvs, you would either need cable with a cable box that has an output that is the same as one of the inputs you are purchasing, or you would need a tv tuner/cable card, that would require your computer to be turned on so you can watch non cable tv (Antena) or cable with a box, but rather a card in your computer.

cold fusion 33

Won't importing create compatibility problems between NTSC and PAL? Or are moniters region free?

Won't importing create compatibility problems between NTSC and PAL? Or are moniters region free?

There are no region restrictions on VGA or any digital signal AFAIK.

And don't get 1080i, it's terrible for fast motion unless the TV has an amazing de-interlacer. Also, watch out for the cheaper 1080p TVs because some of them don't support 1080p as an input. My friend bought a Toshiba 1080p TV and the highest it went was somewhere between 720p and 1080p, the LCD panel itself was 1920x1080 but it just resized any input. I have a projector with a 90-ish inch screen and 720p looks amazing unless you're right up to it, games and movies. 1080p is useless below 40 inches in my opinion.

But wouldn't you want 1080p anyway for other games as well?

wrongo most next gen games dont support 1080P hopefully they will son though. but i have a 1080P tv its a sharp aquos 37 inch and its awesome. but it was 1700 canadian. (which is higher then the US now haha)

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.