2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

Ryan

You are correct that we need to control 35% to trigger End of the Line and these extra territories are included but your count is way off. We have added 36 turfs so there are 89 total gang territories in this round (and there will briefly be 93 between Green Sabre & Los Desperados because of the Azteca turf around Unity Station.) Thus we need to control 32 of those to reach the 35% goal.

Ah, I see thanks. Good idea about holding territories in SF and LV, it will help considering we don't have to take turf during the Riots.

Sorry guys but I'll be inactive for about the next week so that meens no participation from me in the CG. I promise to take a turn when I get back just to make JAJ happy. lol.gifwink.gif

Edited by ryan92

Guys my whole pc broke down, and this one cant run GTA, so I wont take turns until I got a new one... sad.gif

Guys my whole pc broke down, and this one cant run GTA, so I wont take turns until I got a new one... sad.gif

Man, that must suck. sad.gif

Best of luck in fixing the PC, though.

Thanks, I still have my xbox to survive with

<from this post>

I'll take a turn. We haven't had a turn in 18 hours! This is to also help the speed of the round; far too slow.

GTAForums.com » All posts by a member

The Chain Game V2 24th Round (4-Star Gang Wars!) Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 19:23

The Don: Rebirth of a Family Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 19:32

Who or What Am I? Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 20:02

GTA San Andreas Trivia v3.0 Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 20:12

Who or What Am I? Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 20:14

What was the weirdest thing you seen in SA Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 20:20

Ashes of the Apocalypse Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 20:28

Woozie's Uzis Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 20:40

The Hot Chick Topic v3.0. Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 21:10

Who or What Am I? Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 21:11

The Official Forum Stoners 4.20 Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 21:20

Woman.... know your limits! Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 21:29

Poll: 2008 Presidential Elections Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 21:40

Guns Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 21:54

Who or What Am I? Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 21:58

The Official Forum Stoners 4.20 Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic Posted on: Jan 10 2008, 22:02

Did you ever intend to actually take the turn, or are you intentionally causing problems?

@Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic: What's going on? Did you forget that you called a turn in the Chain Game? Did you forget that another player may be waiting to take a turn? It doesn't take a lot of time to finish a mission & post it back.

Thanks, I still have my xbox to survive with

Well, I have confess....I haven't played San Andreas in about a month.

My SA DVD is too scratched to be used and after a recent virus attack, I lost all my executables(.exe) files. Hence I probably wont participate in this round...

sorry guys...

My SA DVD is too scratched to be used and after a recent virus attack, I lost all my executables(.exe) files. Hence I probably wont participate in this round...

I recently got hold of McAfee Total Protection Suite 2008 and it's pretty damn good. I have had three virus attacks so far and it got rid of all of them effectively.

I recently got hold of McAfee Total Protection Suite 2008 and it's pretty damn good. I have had three virus attacks so far and it got rid of all of them effectively.

I'm using NOD32, but I already found out the problem of my pc broke, theres a crack (!) in the graphics card, might as well get a better new one then...

Um... Ryan? I'm a little uncomfortable reading about the person life of players unless they post it themselves, and sometimes even then.

Ryan, was it necessary to post my PM? PM stands for personal message; if I wanted people to know it, I would have posted it here.

Nonetheless, I apologise, and I promise it will not happen again. A blackout later occured, plus I prefer to wait a bit before I have a turn. Yes, it sounds malicious, but like I said, I know I have a problem.

So sorry, and I apologise if I caused anyone any damage or harm.

So sorry, and I apologise if I caused anyone any damage or harm.

You haven't caused any damage or harm. It's just that since you call a turn and don't reply back, the next player has to wait for 3 hours before he calls his turn. This can be quite frustrating. Besides, as it is, the pace of the current Chain Game is already slow. Your inability to post back slows it down even more.

I'm not blaming you. You are a respected contributor to the Chain Game and we are thankful for your participation; but next time, it'd be a lot better if atleast 50% of your turns turn out to be fruitful. smile.gif

I'm using NOD32, but I already found out the problem of my pc broke, theres a crack (!) in the graphics card, might as well get a better new one then...

Been there, done that...I've tried::

Norton

Nod 32

McAffe

PC Cillin

Kasper sky

And what all I could get my hands on....

But I always get attacked....especially by this one called 'Trojan', which keeps cloning it self everywhere.

@Stefan:: You know, your dad sounds just like mine....I have to stay well away from the PC as if theres some restraining order or something....life is beach b!tch

dxk, try windows deffender.

And get some anti-spyware tools like Spybot s&d and ad-aware

Windows defender comes standard with Vista....I run XP...(Vista did not recognize my sound card)

Windows defender comes standard with Vista....I run XP...(Vista did not recognize my sound card)

When I ran Vista Upgrade Advisor, it said that my sound card is incompatible. But when I installed Vista, all sounds were running fine even though I was using XP compatible sound drivers. It turned out that the SATA drivers were incompatible and I couldn't install Vista alone. XP had to exist on some other drive. Stupid Vista. suicidal.gif

Um ya sorry wasn't really thinking very well there when I posted that. Sorry Stefan.

I think you should edit your previous post and take that PM off it.

Um ya sorry wasn't really thinking very well there when I posted that. Sorry Stefan.

It is alright mate; no harm done. smile.gif Thank you for removing the PM.

@girishb: Thank you very much. Despite all that, it is nice to receive a mini-compliment from here, which I do not get that often. biggrin.gif By the way, when you refer to my success rate, that probably has to do with the fact that my game crashes while loading up at Doherty. wink.gif

When I ran Vista Upgrade Advisor, it said that my sound card is incompatible. But when I installed Vista, all sounds were running fine even though I was using XP compatible sound drivers. It turned out that the SATA drivers were incompatible and I couldn't install Vista alone. XP had to exist on some other drive. Stupid Vista. suicidal.gif

You don't know the half of it.

Microsoft is trying promote Vista by f*cking up everything else...if I want Vista and I have a old PC, i'll have to spend a lot of cash to upgrade my hardware....

My sound card doesn't work even after all the updates were done...i think I even put in the first service pack for Vista...

OT::

hey guys, can I get the first and last save file from all the CG rounds? I am going to archive it...

First of all, Vista SP1 isn't out yet.Thank You.!!

Regarding that chain game archive, you can find the link to all previous chain games in first post of this topic itself. turn.gif

Regarding that chain game archive, you can find the link to all previous chain games in first post of this topic itself. turn.gif

Um I'm not 100% sure and dont really feel like going to look but, I think all the links before Samutz changed/overhauled his uploader are deleted. You can allways try them.

Um I'm not 100% sure and dont really feel like going to look but, I think all the links before Samutz changed/overhauled his uploader are deleted. You can allways try them.

I think JAJ has them archived.

@dxk: Send a PM to JAJ and ask about those saves. He should have them.

Yeah, I have most of them, didn't get some of the first few from the 2nd round. Just PM me & let me know what you want.

Ok this round is SUPER SLOW.

I perpose that we change the 6 hours to 3 or 2 hours. At the current rate we are going at it is about 1 turn then someone posts the 6 hours thing then someone else takes a turn then another 6 hours thing. Its extremley slow.

So my vote here is to change the 6 hours to 3 hours or even 2 mabee.

What your guys take on this??

Not to sound like a super-negative person, but I believe that the Chain Game's popularity is starting to go downhill. I say this because of the turn-related facts that Ryan posted, but also because of a lot of our regular players (girishb, Necromancer, PDE, etc) aren't taking as much turns as they used to.

I don't mind changing the 6-hour-reset rule, but I think the repercussions of that change would just mean the same players taking a few more turns.

So my vote here is to change the 6 hours to 3 hours or even 2 mabee.

I don't think this would increase the pace of the game. Perhaps, the 3 mission wait between turns can be changed to 2.

@radicell: I find very little time these days with my final semester in progress. Also, I screwed up my game infinite number of times coz I couldn't get a few mods to work. confused.gif

I guess I'm better off without mods. I'll surely try to squeeze in a few more turns.

Not to sound like a super-negative person, but I believe that the Chain Game's popularity is starting to go downhill.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with him.

We need to do something to get more players. Mabee a move to General Discusion. or something, but I hate to say it but I think the Chain Game is on its last leg, unless it somehow gets a bost.

I've had my internet time reduced so thats why I'm not taking as meny turns, and not this week coming but the following week I have my end of simester exams. So I probley wont be around much for the next 2 weeks.

Also one thing that is slowing down the CG, is due to the fact we had quartet and koen as frequent players but they seem to have disapeired.