• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OrionSR

• Girish

• rubregg

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the record, this was not a first time offense. We had similar issues with this particular player back in round 120 and 121.   Thanks to all the CG players who pushed on through and conti

Okay, Sounds good to me, I'm going to work on the details to play an un-modded save round. I'll PM OrionSR to help me with the details. I'll try to get it so the next round could be started

Project 2DFX is prohibited during Chain Game play.    Project 2DFX is removing some IPL flags from the Chain Game saves. If installed, it will remove any flags in the save that are specific

So which one is to be used now?

Please wait until we hear from rubregg, thanks.

Yeah, I guess we posted about the same time, so I didn't see your post.

This is the FIRST line of the rules:

"Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, mods or cleo scripts. They can seriously mess up things later in the game, so using them will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but also for the other players."

Please make sure that your cleo is OFF when you play the chain game. This is not a game of 'I think I can get away with it' or 'probably nobody will notice'. Cleo OFF, or don't submit the save - it's as easy as that. No cleo & no Mods!

@Laezy, thanks for looking into the saves. Hopefully that will save rubregg some time.

We will still need to wait for rubregg's findings before we continue. He could be trying to 'repair' the save or he may come back & say we need to start at the last 'undamaged' save.

Sorry, must have pressed the wrong key when Script switcher was on. I will be much more careful next time, but the game shouldn't have to go back to those saves, I can simply remove those gang territories and disable gang wars, as I am sure rubregg is able to do aswell.

I think I managed to repair the save and the game can continue without losing turns (check the cg44 topic). I'll comment later, have to run now.

I think I managed to repair the save and the game can continue without losing turns (check the cg44 topic). I'll comment later, have to run now.

You know you didn't need to hex edit it? You could have used CLEO using this code. (PM)

Commenting on the recent save file corruption

Like laezy reported (thanks) it was indeed trickstar34's Supply Lines save that first had the extra gang turfs - one at Doherty, one at Verdant Meadows and one at the Four Dragons. I decided to edit rather than cancelling more than 10 turns and I hope the issue is fixed now and that we can play the save to 100%.

@everyone

Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, mods or cleo scripts.

Seriously. Every trainer, cheat tool (like control center) and save editor we know of, they all have their bugs and leave traces in the save. Control Center alters the save simply by running, even if you don't apply any cheats with it. Etc... Now our save is highly modded and this brings additional dangers of some tool messing things up. So strictly no cheats, trainers, mods or cleo scripts of any kind period.

@trickstar34

I don't know exactly what your cleo mods have altered and I seriously hope it was only gang turf related and that nothing else got changed. In any case, the code you pmed me wouldn't have helped, because we are having some modded zones in the chain game which needed to be restored. Besides hex-editing was needed anyway, because a few other things had to be fixed as well.

So: Please be very careful about having cleo switched off when you play the chain game. We're lenient towards first-time offenders, but next time we won't be as friendly.

Also: Please take it easy on the quoting. It gets very confusing if you quote 20 lines for a 2 line reply. Only quote if necessary and only quote relevant sections of postings and ditch the rest. Thanks.

I’m guessing that this is probably already known, and it’s really not a big deal, but even with all of the precautions that were put in place to keep people from saving the game after being busted or wasted, it is still possible to save the Chain Game that way.

I actually discovered how to do it when the safety measures to keep people from saving (during the Chain Game) were first implemented, and it’s very easy to get wasted or busted, and still save the game.

I just thought I bring it to everyone’s attention.

Here’s the saved-game to prove it; I actually used one of the most recent saves from the current Chain Game.

http://gtasnp.com/download/18040

You can see that I was able to get wasted 8 times and busted 8 times.

Following on from girishb's post in CG 44, i would like to ask DREVIL919 to read the rules and focus your attention to the rule that states you may only complete one Race Tournament race when you do a named mission, not two.

No problem, wolnt happen again...

It's been eight hours, I'll take a turn.

@trickstar: You have to take into consideration the EDIT time stamp and not the time at which the previous caller has 'called' for a turn. Considering that, it's just been 5:40 hours since DREVIL919 completed his turn. Which means you have to wait for another 2 turns to be completed before you can take another turn. I don't know whether your current turn should be canceled or the officers will forgive the 20 minute advance call. Thanks icon14.gif

I found at major glitch the end of the mission, I saw a tank spinning in the air, then it fell and landed behind the driving school, I want to save it in a garage, but I can't find a way out, any solutions?

user posted image

I found at major glitch the end of the mission, I saw a tank spinning in the air, then it fell and landed behind the driving school, I want to save it in a garage, but I can't find a way out, any solutions?

http://www.grandtheftauto-gaming.com/sanandreas/tank.PNG

That's not a glitch; it's one of the added features of the save. Your challenge is to get the tank out of there. If you manage to get the tank out, you'll get some...uhh...cookies. sigh.gif

wait a sec..... getting a tank outside of a driving school back! LoL its impossible.... right? i saw driving school back and without flying a tank like big thing can never get out lol rolleyes.gif

wait a sec..... getting a tank outside of a driving school back! LoL its impossible.... right? i saw driving school back and without flying a tank like big thing can never  get out lol  rolleyes.gif

It's possible because it has been done. (not by me though)

More info on this page.

Edited by girishb
wait a sec..... getting a tank outside of a driving school back! LoL its impossible.... right? i saw driving school back and without flying a tank like big thing can never  get out lol  rolleyes.gif

More info on this page.

All that I saw was you talking about how you found it, where does anybody say anything about a challenge.

wait a sec..... getting a tank outside of a driving school back! LoL its impossible.... right? i saw driving school back and without flying a tank like big thing can never� get out lol� rolleyes.gif

More info on this page.

All that I saw was you talking about how you found it, where does anybody say anything about a challenge.

That's because you stopped reading after my post. Go on reading the subsequent replies and you'll see rubregg mentioning it to be a challenge. You'll also see that both [sM]CMZera and GTA Phreak managed to get it out. Of course, you're not going to find the method in there because it is still an open challenge. If you manage to get it out, PM the method to rubregg.

wait a sec..... getting a tank outside of a driving school back! LoL its impossible.... right? i saw driving school back and without flying a tank like big thing can never� get out lol� rolleyes.gif

More info on this page.

That's because you stopped reading after my post. Go on reading the subsequent replies and you'll see rubregg mentioning it to be a challenge. You'll also see that both [sM]CMZera and GTA Phreak managed to get it out. Of course, you're not going to find the method in there because it is still an open challenge. If you manage to get it out, PM the method to rubregg.

I'll try on another turn, how about we finish Wang Auto's while we are in SF, before doing anymore Toreno missions?

how about we finish Wang Auto's while we are in SF, before doing anymore Toreno missions?

That is completely upto you or anyone else taking a turn. We don't follow a pattern while doing missions; that is left to the player to decide. The only thing that we make sure is that End of the Line is the last named mission to be completed on the save so that the name of the 100% savefile says 'End of the Line'.

It's only a suggestion to everybody, I didn't tell them to do it.

*^* My turn is over, so you can do whatever you want.

He only mentions it once and it doesn't say about it being a challenge, everybody just keep congratulating rubregg.

Edited by trickstar34

Of course, you're not going to find the method in there because it is still an open challenge. If you manage to get it out, PM the method to rubregg.

It actually isn't an open challenge any more. Well, i guess it is for people who dont know how to do it, but it has been completed a few times now. Orion (most likely), Phreak (first to do it) and aFinn (most recently) have all done it from what i have seen.

Hell, i even spawned a Tank in the driving school, parked it there and then managed to get it out without further use of cheats, and im on PS2.

Its a great challenge for people who dont know what they're doing, though icon14.gif

Edited by !!GameCH33TA!!
Of course, you're not going to find the method in there because it is still an open challenge. If you manage to get it out, PM the method to rubregg.

It actually isn't an open challenge any more. Well, i guess it is for people who dont know how to do it, but it has been completed a few times now. Orion (most likely), Phreak (first to do it) and aFinn (most recently) have all done it from what i have seen.

Hell, i even spawned a Tank in the driving school, parked it there and then managed to get it out without further use of cheats, and im on PS2.

Its a great challenge for people who dont know what they're doing, though icon14.gif

Your not supposed to use cheats in Chain Game, !!GameCH33TA!!

He didn't use cheats in chain game, he did it on his PS2.

hetment, we don't call turns beforehand. Whoever is willing to take a turn and is fastest to take a turn does it. The previous turn must be completed before others can call a turn.

trickstar, just a friendly suggestion, but it might be good if you took a little step back, and actually read the chain game rules and all it's additions, and about latest challenges. Most if not all can be found in the first couple of posts on each chain game thread. Some additional info has been posted here in lounge thread, but there are links to that in the chain game thread.

It may look like a wall to read, but once you've done that with thought, it will be easier to understand what is going on.

Right, but hes saying people don't know how to do it how he did it, well if we complete it in Chain Game, we have to do it without cheats.

Edited by trickstar34

Restart Traps

Thanks Zoom for the notice. Yes, I'm aware of a way to save after getting busted or wasted, but I can't remember if this issue was discussed in here or via pm. Well, like you said it's not a big deal and I still like the restart traps. Well, I won't say more at this point - now that all the latest additions have been found let's leave this one standing as a "side-mission" for bored chain game explorers... wink.gif (of course you're still not allowed to save after getting busted or wasted, even if you could.)

So Zoom, thought about rejoining the game? You're missed around here.

Driving School Rhino

The Rhino spawn inside the Driving School is a feature. Said Rhino bouncing and spinning into the air is not a feature but a bug in the game. [sM]CJZera had a bit of info on this one. Getting the Rhino out is one of our puzzles, but it has been solved a little while back.

Enter and exit the Rhino and then start any test at the Driving School. This will send the Rhino to the SF Impound where it can be picked up.
Retrieving impounded vehicles is not as straight-forward as it sounds though and requires a bit of practice. The Chain Game front page ('Contents') has a link to the impound topic.

Speaking of Rhinos - has anyone ever used the other SF Rhino, the one we get as a reward for Vertical Bird?

@everyone

As a general rule, please don't post huge images in here, use either a link to the image or a thumbnail. Much appreciated by low-res twats like me... wink.gif

Right, but hes saying people don't know how to do it how he did it, well if we complete it in Chain Game, we have to do it without cheats.

Ehhh, *sigh*, he only used a cheat to spawn the Rhino in his PS2 game, because obviously, he can't use the PC save where the Rhino is already there.

He did not use cheats to get the Rhino out from the driving school area. That can be done without cheats, both in his PS2 game, and in our chain game. See rubregg's post above.

Had you actually read the first few posts in the chain game thread, you'd have known all about this Rhino thing, and it's solution.

Edited by aFinn