4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ryan

Lounge for The Chain Game: San Andreas

OrionSR

13 days is not close to 5..

If all rounds were organized by time to completion, I'd expect 13 days to be near the top of the list, close to 5. 

What I remember is that I was having problems tracking glitches to their source because the saves expired on SnP before the round could finish. And I had to revert to archives if I needed a mission save to test the latest special vehicle strategy. The Chain Game seems much healthier now.

So thanks to the vets for keeping the game active, and welcome to the new and returning players. Job well done.

wfank
Posted (edited)

Any tips on how to do stuffs at SF and LV in the early parts of the game without getting killed by four star wanted level ? I waste a lot of time doing stuffs, only to get killed on my way back (especially by the police heli) and since getting wasted is not allowed, all efforts go in vain....

Edited by wfank

Parik

I might have some tips

1. Save - You can save after you complete some significant progress that you don't want to lose. For that you can visit the additional armouries that are present in SF and LV, the locations for which you can find in the map in the opening posts (the armouries are marked with yellow background arrows).

2. Teleports - There are 'warps' present in each region of the map. They are usually modified enex markers (like clothes shops) which you can enter to warp to a different place. There are several useful of them that you can use as a quicker and easier way to reach different islands.

3. Aircrafts - You can also use airplanes or helicopters to reach other places quickly if you know how to successfully dodge missiles shot at you by Hydras.

wfank
1 minute ago, Parik said:

I might have some tips

1. Save - You can save after you complete some significant progress that you don't want to lose. For that you can visit the additional armouries that are present in SF and LV, the locations for which you can find in the map in the opening posts (the armouries are marked with yellow background arrows).

2. Teleports - There are 'warps' present in each region of the map. They are usually modified enex markers (like clothes shops) which you can enter to warp to a different place. There are several useful of them that you can use as a quicker and easier way to reach different islands.

3. Aircrafts - You can also use airplanes or helicopters to reach other places quickly if you know how to successfully dodge missiles shot at you by Hydras.

Really thanks :) !

OrionSR
20 hours ago, wfank said:

Any tips on how to do stuffs at SF and LV in the early parts of the game without getting killed by four star wanted level ?

Always have a plan. Which takes experience and practice, so your efforts won't be in vain in the long run.

I highly recommend practicing the Burgershot and Hippy Shopper Assets to learn how to manage the cops safely when driving a bike. The trick is to avoid doing what the cops do best; chase CJ driving straight a fast. So slow down and turn a lot. Work the shortcuts and edges of the map where the cops can't follow.

ChasingCoyote
Posted (edited)

my tips for maneuvering safely in 4-star areas:

(while riding a motorcyle is the most enjoyable and [one of the]"safest" ways to traverse in 4-star areas. Another way to get there is to use the jet pack, (probably THE safest way to travel across restricted areas). But getting back you still need to use wheels usually, so I recommend contributing first to getting bike skill high enough so you have much less chance of falling off your bike. still, avoiding going all out fast; slow down and learn to maneuver around the many cop cars, police rangers and enforcers who will try to knock you off. (even maxed bike skill you can still be knocked off) When that happens make sure your bike is clear of cops so they don't have time to personally knock you off, and bust you. Killing a few cops won't increase your wanted level above 4  stars.  And, be sure you don't blow up their vehicles when close to your bike; being stranded without a bike is NO fun in a restricted zone. when attempting the courier missions, you must be very quick with the dropping off packages. timing is essential!  pressing Q or E to see the corona beside you and in one fluid motion, again fire  the package at the corona. this takes a bit of practice as well, but it is essential to completing Courier in a 4-star area. if you watch a video of someone doing these missions , it appears as if he didn't even press q or e, they are so very fast with the buttons. ServeteQuente is also a master of this. good luck with your 4-star fun! It is very rewarding when you learn to traverse [relatively] safely in restricted areas! 

Edited by ChasingCoyote

Veigar

You should also pick up armor before going to Las Venturas early. Something I like to do for the Burgershot asset with 4 stars is drive the moped on the sidewalk only, that way I avoid the police cars, and hitting the pedestrians keeps my speed consistent enough to not spin out. Plus it's kind of funny. Hitting them over and over will not increase your wanted level beyond 4 stars either. 

SorveteQuente

Is the armory at Bayside still in the save? I can't seem to find it anymore

OrionSR

The Bayside Armory is weird. It's entrance tends to get deleted when the game first starts. Restarting the game might bring it back. This issue can be prevented by removing the "temporary burglary" flag from your data files. I'll dig up my notes if you are interested, but most CG players prefer to have default data files.

SorveteQuente

Hmm, what would I need to do to get a personal vehicle in the save, if that's possible? 😛

OrionSR
2 hours ago, SorveteQuente said:

Hmm, what would I need to do to get a personal vehicle in the save, if that's possible? 😛

Learn to write code. I'll help. I'm just totally unmotivated to work on this myself.

Better get permission from JAJ too.